Cult of the peanut , members

Nice job. I really like the blue bone knives case does. Yours is a beautiful example.
Why thank you! That's quite a compliment, considering that this knife has had multiple encounters with sandpaper to remove dried superglue back when it was my model-building knife. You can see the scratches on the blades and bolsters.

Why thank you! That's quite a compliment, considering that this knife has had multiple encounters with sandpaper to remove dried superglue back when it was my model-building knife. You can see the scratches on the blades and bolsters.

Have you tried using acetone? It will clean up the superglue, but I don't know how it might react with the bone and/or dye. Probably would un-glue a glued-in shield if not used with care.

Have you tried using acetone? It will clean up the superglue, but I don't know how it might react with the bone and/or dye. Probably would un-glue a glued-in shield if not used with care.
I hadn't thought to try acetone. I've seen the stuff melt through insulation foam before, so I would be hesitant to try it on anything nonmetal. Anyway, the sandpaper got the glue off and I don't use this knife for building models anymore.

Missed this thread.
My only Peanut...
ZSIIOVO.jpg

Thanks, guys. Been reading this thread for a while, had to post a picture. :) what do you think about the ss peanuts? Seems like the cv steel is more popular.

Case CV is very limited in the scale colors and materials available. My feeling is the CV is oriented toward the most serious knife users, like most in this forum, which is probably a small segment of their sales. Pure collectors want stainless so their collections don't tarnish in storage. Average users want stainless because they don't want to maintain their knives. You can see this on websites where users give the lowest rating because their CV knife rusted on them. I wish the patterns I like came in both CV and SS for all scale types, but that's not feasible from a business perspective for Case.

I would love to see some kind of custom order option from case. I understand not wanting to make a ton of CV choices but it's also kinda unfair that the CV fans get 4 handle choices and that's it

I would love to see some kind of custom order option from case. I understand not wanting to make a ton of CV choices but it's also kinda unfair that the CV fans get 4 handle choices and that's it

That's a great idea. Buck has a custom shop where you can customize certain knives the way you like. Unfortunately Buck has suspended the US made 300 series and they are not available for customization. I read something in the Buck forum that they are retooling the US 300 series and it should come back sometime in the future. If they offer a custom 302, I'm all over it! :D

Back