1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Database Error...

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by El_Toro, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Database error blocked access from ??? - 11:30 PM EST.

2. C_Becker

C_Becker

Oct 7, 2012
    Just encountered the database error again a couple of minutes ago.
    Using Win 8 and Chrome

3. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    Seems like they are getting much less frequent and of shorter duration

4. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Yes, they are getting shorter, not sure about the frequency yet though. I've had 3 today, all only lasting from a few seconds to about 4 minutes when I try to move between forums. I'm also noticing it when trying to log in.

5. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    5:14 - 5:26 EST while trying to move between forums.

6. mrnotsam123

mrnotsam123

Aug 4, 2013
    I used to get the database error almost every morning between 2-3am (I work graves), I am happy to report I have had no trouble accessing the site the last couple days! :applause:

7. bchan77

bchan77

Dec 6, 2007
    Same here. I think it is just fair that we users should report to the owner not only when we have problems, we should inform him when we no longer have problems when previously we had. By the way, this 'Database Error' thing is the worst problem experience I have had since I visit this forum. I hope it is coming to an end. Thank you, Spark.

8. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    Any time you encounter one, no matter what the duration, please let me know ASAP in this thread, with a time frame so I can track it down.

9. mewolf1

mewolf1 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 24, 2005
    11:24- 11:28

Database Error Database error
    The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following: •Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    •Open the www.bladeforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
    •Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.bladeforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

10. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Database Error from 5:14 - 5:22 EST while clicking on a thread to view it.

11. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Database Error at 12:36 EST for long enough to hit the back button and the forum reloaded as usual with a slight hang.

12. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Fingers crossed, but in my part of North Europe it seems to have stopped:thumbup: Been a week free of this and the Dot Defender harassment:D Long may it continue as it was getting really disruptive.

13. C_Becker

C_Becker

Oct 7, 2012
    Yeah Dot Defender has finally shut up, but I've had another DB error this morning at 7:02 UTC+1

14. Blade Runner 7

Blade Runner 7 Affordable Anodizing Services

Oct 26, 2010
    I don't want to speak too soon but I haven't had any problem for at least a week now.

15. lmleck

lmleck The beatings will continue until morale improves. Platinum Member

Dec 8, 2007
    6:32pm 2/9/15 Lasted only a few seconds...
    Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    Open the www.bladeforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.bladeforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

16. Database Error today (2/9/2015) at 17:31 Mountain Time (19:31 Eastern). Very short duration, maybe a minute or less.

David

17. Database Error again, at 18:36 Mountain, 2/9/2015 (20:36 Eastern). As before, short duration of less than a minute.

David

18. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    4:14-4:15 am Central.

19. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Database Error at 5:12 - 5:16 EST when moving between forums.

20. lmleck

lmleck The beatings will continue until morale improves. Platinum Member

Dec 8, 2007
    11:20pm cst 1/2 minute just left community...

Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    Open the www.bladeforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
    Click the Back button to try another link.