1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Database Error...

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by El_Toro, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Harry Stone

Harry Stone

Apr 29, 2008
    Site was just down for about a half hour. Ask your hosting company what monitoring service they recommend, so that they can't say it's the wrong one when you show them your outages history.

We use Alertra at my company, it will generate uptime stats. Most of these kinds of problems can be solved by making the hosting company understand that they can't lie to you.

2. Blade Runner 7

Blade Runner 7 Affordable Anodizing Services

Oct 26, 2010
    Sooooo frustrating.

3. David Stifle

David Stifle

Nov 20, 2008
    I'm getting them too, but when I change to a different search engine the site comes up alive and well. I wonder if the database error thing is specific to one search engine. I'm getting the error on Bing, but when I switch to Google Chrome there's no problem.

4. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Wonder no longer. I use Chrome and get the error message every day.

5. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Really too much work just to participate here anymore. Not fun = not here.

6. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Got the Database Error about half an hour ago.

7. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    Data base error has been replaced with dot blocker.

8. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    I got an actual DB Error. Kind of surprised! I thought they had gone away...

9. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    What a refreshing treat:p

10. d.r.h.

d.r.h. Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Like others, I was elated this morning to NOT see that dreaded DotDefender block my access to BF this morning at 5:20 AM (ET). Unfortunately, my smile was quickly replaced by a frown with I saw that DotDefender had been replaced by the dreaded DB error again! Oh the pain.

11. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Got the DB error today..

PM not working, can get into them, but click on advanced or try and post and it errors out.

Been doing it since last night.

12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Today and yesterday, I've barely been able to get on because of this :(

13. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Nor me, if it's not being barred by this then it's the dot 'defender' wading in as well.

It's becoming difficult to sustain any reliable dialogues or posting on the forum these past two weeks, is it ever going to improve? Some of this seems like shouting into a void and listening to the echo....

14. Blade Runner 7

Blade Runner 7 Affordable Anodizing Services

Oct 26, 2010
    These issues are teaching me that I really don't need to spend so much time on BF. I'm forced to live without it. Ill keep that in mind when it's time to renew my paid membership. I love spending 20-30 to post a for sale thread just have the site crash after its all typed up. I also love the great feedback and apologies from those in charge. I feel like this thread needs to be moved to the good the bad the ugly.

OMFG tried posting this at 6:15 PST. Site crashed. DBE. I'm copying this now to post later.

Edit to add....yay waited a minute more and it worked. This shit happens to me 2-3 times per day.

15. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    From the Bladeforums Facebook Page:

16. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Database Error has happened several times today for a couple minute each and just now again from 1:45 to 1:52 EST

17. C_Becker

C_Becker

Oct 7, 2012
    I'm sure you're not the only one thinking this. This has been going on for too long now. :thumbdn:

18. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Got the Database Error about half an hour ago but it came back up in a few short minutes.

19. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    I had the database error last night for about ten minutes, unable to post or browse. It happened a couple of different times today too but not for as long.

It's been a couple of days since I've seen the DotDefender.

20. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    Database errors again tonight. I kept track of the times.

Website running great...
    12:08. Database errors.
    12:13. Website back up but very slow. Long waits for page loading.
    12:42. Database errors again.
    12:51. Website back up and running normal/fast.

Hope this helps.