Database Error...

Site was just down for about a half hour. Ask your hosting company what monitoring service they recommend, so that they can't say it's the wrong one when you show them your outages history.

We use Alertra at my company, it will generate uptime stats. Most of these kinds of problems can be solved by making the hosting company understand that they can't lie to you.

I'm getting them too, but when I change to a different search engine the site comes up alive and well. I wonder if the database error thing is specific to one search engine. I'm getting the error on Bing, but when I switch to Google Chrome there's no problem.

I'm getting them too, but when I change to a different search engine the site comes up alive and well. I wonder if the database error thing is specific to one search engine. I'm getting the error on Bing, but when I switch to Google Chrome there's no problem.

Wonder no longer. I use Chrome and get the error message every day.

Like others, I was elated this morning to NOT see that dreaded DotDefender block my access to BF this morning at 5:20 AM (ET). Unfortunately, my smile was quickly replaced by a frown with I saw that DotDefender had been replaced by the dreaded DB error again! Oh the pain.

Got the DB error today..

PM not working, can get into them, but click on advanced or try and post and it errors out.

Been doing it since last night.

Today and yesterday, I've barely been able to get on because of this :(

Nor me, if it's not being barred by this then it's the dot 'defender' wading in as well.

It's becoming difficult to sustain any reliable dialogues or posting on the forum these past two weeks, is it ever going to improve? Some of this seems like shouting into a void and listening to the echo....

These issues are teaching me that I really don't need to spend so much time on BF. I'm forced to live without it. Ill keep that in mind when it's time to renew my paid membership. I love spending 20-30 to post a for sale thread just have the site crash after its all typed up. I also love the great feedback and apologies from those in charge. I feel like this thread needs to be moved to the good the bad the ugly.

OMFG tried posting this at 6:15 PST. Site crashed. DBE. I'm copying this now to post later.

Edit to add....yay waited a minute more and it worked. This shit happens to me 2-3 times per day.

From the Bladeforums Facebook Page:

Just a heads up on Dot Defender issues: we're aware of the problems and are working on them. In this instance it's not actually something that we've screwed up, it's our hosting provider who has royally boned things including the search engine & basic access (due to their EPIC FAIL in more ways than one).

Sorry for the inconvenience, we WILL get this resolved

Database Error has happened several times today for a couple minute each and just now again from 1:45 to 1:52 EST

Got the Database Error about half an hour ago but it came back up in a few short minutes.

I had the database error last night for about ten minutes, unable to post or browse. It happened a couple of different times today too but not for as long.

It's been a couple of days since I've seen the DotDefender.

Database errors again tonight. I kept track of the times.

Website running great...
12:08. Database errors.
12:13. Website back up but very slow. Long waits for page loading.
12:42. Database errors again.
12:51. Website back up and running normal/fast.

Hope this helps.

Back