Database Error...

same here as well, plus problems with PM's and posting into threads if the post has too many characters in it, trim them back to a few and it takes it...
G2

Database error 8:39pm EST. Was able to load page around 8:52pm. First one in a while.

3 Database Errors at 3 separate times today all within 1 hour, it was around 4:10pm-510pm Mountain time today. Same message:
Database Error Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.bladeforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.bladeforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Edit:
Just got another one at 11:02PM

Last edited:
Been happening multiple times daily for months. Soooo annoying. A responsible bunch would post stickies or a banner to explain the problem. At least that would help with some of the frustrated members. I mean how many people think something is wrong with their browser/device/network connection before finally figuring it's the site? You would save a lot of people the trouble and it wouldn't look like you're just ignoring it. For a lot of us the outages are VERY frequent.

Here in Europe it seems to be happening more or less every day for over a month now. Particularly bad about 11am Helsinki time and about now between 21.30-23.00. Hard to post or send messages, very annoying as it is very frequent.

Is it ever going to stop? Whatever the problem is looks like it could be fixed. It's gone on a long time now is anyone trying to fix it?

Database Error Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.bladeforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.bladeforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

This has been infuriating to try to track down. Our hosting company says it's not them, the third party tech support can't say what's causing it, and it is happening at random times. Every time we find one problem and fix it, another pops up.

Database error 9:51pm EST. Was able to reload the page about 30 seconds later.

Just curious, is logging the DBE's like we have been doing helpful in any way?

It looks like this has been reported many times. It took over 45 minutes to get in this morning. It seems to be getting worse in terms of frequency and duration on my end.

Site was down almost an hour this morning, does seem to be getting longer outages.

This has been infuriating to try to track down. Our hosting company says it's not them, the third party tech support can't say what's causing it, and it is happening at random times. Every time we find one problem and fix it, another pops up.

It has to be a Royal pain in the Butt for you.

Spark .... are you sure it is not the vBulletin 4 forum software package itself? While I don't visit it frequently, I did notice the JD forum was having the same type of database error. I didn't check to see what version of vBulletin JD was using at the time. Our forum is using 4.2.2. JD is currently using the beta 3 version of 4.2.3. Could be totally off, but just a thought.

Since my last posting, it has been happening DAILY two or three times, particularly frustrating when you are trying to post and the whole thing freezes for fifteen minutes or more. It's almost as if the site is being targeted it's so frequent....

Back