Did your Traditional knife get a workout today? -Part II

Used the LM pliers (and 3 in One oil from a ink syringe) to free up the automatic self locking and unlocking caplifter/screwdriver bade on my Evo Grip S-14 so it would. 😷👍
I saw another review on YT that alleged all the Evo Grips have that feature.

Last edited:
DSC_0437.JPG
Very cool... nice work. 🤠:thumbsup:

You might wonder why I would need to open a new carbon monoxide detector at 1 o’clock in the morning, or where I even found one, but I’m too tired to tell the whole story right now…
The old one woke you up? (with a false alarm when it quit working and it wouldn't shut up.)

The old one woke you up? (with a false alarm when it quit working and it wouldn't shut up.)
🤣🤣
I was awake and out of the house when it went off. My daughter called in a panic about it and I rushed home. It looked like a malfunction because the beeps and lights were more or less random, but I didn’t know if the battery might have drained from having gone off properly earlier when I wasn’t home.

I checked that the water heater was drafting properly (it was), and the furnace will shut itself off if there is a backdraft I think, but for peace of mind I offered to stay up and go to the hardware store when it opened at 6.

Luckily my daughter used her google-fu to determine that our local 24-hour pharmacy had CO detectors, so I got one there (for just $10 more than the hardware store price - not bad!).
I hate it when that happens. Always have some 9-volts!
The unit had a sealed non-replaceable “10 year” lithium battery 😒

Last edited:
“Broke down” a cardboard box with my latest acquisition today - something which seems to be a popular activity around here but which I rarely do, for a variety of reasons:
  • I don’t often buy things that come in big boxes.
  • I have a huge recycling bin, so I can usually just mash boxes flat with my foot and jam them in.
  • I remember my dad telling me probably 45 years ago to avoid using my pocket knife to cut cardboard, because it would make it dull.

Sometimes I wonder if I wouldn’t have done better in life if I had listened to what my mother always used to say instead.

Hasn't gotten any exercise yet today. However, Amazon claims my new fountain pen (Jinhao 599 in black) is "out for delivery". If so, ittle get a (very) little exercise opening the padded envelope this afternoon. 😁

Back