Dogs and traditional knives

A few weeks ago Odin’s brain tumor had reached the point where we had to put him down. I can’t remember the last time I cried like that. It’s been hard. I loved that dog like no other I ever had, and we had a wonderful 7 years together. He was always so happy and endearing. I will always miss him.

View attachment 1691154View attachment 1691156View attachment 1691174
View attachment 1691181

Today I went to look at puppies and came home with this cute little guy. He reminds me of puppy Odin. I named him Freyr. I have a good feeling about him.

View attachment 1691185

And speaking of good companions, not quite the same as a dog but this barlow has been a good one. I’ve had it with me the whole time since it arrived.

View attachment 1691186
Oh Man 😞 😢 Paul, I read with such a Heavy heart about you loosing your friend, I know that Pain, and have shed those tears, and still do to this day with loosing my beautiful friends.
I am really sorry pal.

A few weeks ago Odin’s brain tumor had reached the point where we had to put him down. I can’t remember the last time I cried like that. It’s been hard. I loved that dog like no other I ever had, and we had a wonderful 7 years together. He was always so happy and endearing. I will always miss him.

View attachment 1691154

Today I went to look at puppies and came home with this cute little guy. He reminds me of puppy Odin. I named him Freyr. I have a good feeling about him.

And speaking of good companions, not quite the same as a dog but this barlow has been a good one. I’ve had it with me the whole time since it arrived.
It's always a very hard situation and in a way we feel guilty to replace them, at least I am . But they have thier own calendar and I think have waited to much to replace my last dog. It was no use. I'm sad for your loss and very happy for your new friend :):thumbsup:

Â

It's always a very hard situation and in a way we feel guilty to replace them, at least I am . But they have thier own calendar and I think have waited to much to replace my last dog. It was no use. I'm sad for your loss and very happy for your new friend :):thumbsup:

Â
It is never too late. There are shelter animals that are looking for a great home. Adopting from a shelter might not change your life forever, but it changes the animal's life forever.

It is never too late. There are shelter animals that are looking for a great home. Adopting from a shelter might not change your life forever, but it changes the animal's life forever.
True!
We adopted Buddy when he was 2, best thing for the kids(almost fully grown now). 1 of my kids has anxeity through teenage years & Buddy always knows and calms her. Although I swear she was going to hug the stuffing out of him some days😁 he just stayed with her.
Been my walking mate since day 1. The kids have spoilt him, my old man is worse.
Buddy spent 2 weeks with my parents why we moved. Spent the afternoons laying at the foot of my Dad's arm chair. He cooked him chicken schnitzel, just for him they weren't having any😂
His water bowl was Dad's fish pond & he let him😮
A good dog gives a lot👍
That's enough rambling from me.
Merry christmas to you all. It's just after 8am christmas eve here.

This is Georgia, our 10 year old Lab. she is very camera shy and will never look directly into a camera.
EEhMBgx.jpg

True!
We adopted Buddy when he was 2, best thing for the kids(almost fully grown now). 1 of my kids has anxeity through teenage years & Buddy always knows and calms her. Although I swear she was going to hug the stuffing out of him some days😁 he just stayed with her.
Been my walking mate since day 1. The kids have spoilt him, my old man is worse.
Buddy spent 2 weeks with my parents why we moved. Spent the afternoons laying at the foot of my Dad's arm chair. He cooked him chicken schnitzel, just for him they weren't having any😂
His water bowl was Dad's fish pond & he let him😮
A good dog gives a lot👍
That's enough rambling from me.
Merry christmas to you all. It's just after 8am christmas eve here.
Animals have very keen senses and pick up on the slightest issues. Sounds like Buddy excelled at this. Dogs also have a special calming effect. Sure sounds like he was spoiled and there is nothing wrong with that.
Not rambling at all.
Still Thursday evening where I am. Merry Christmas to you as well.

VamYYFT.jpg

vAikkdz.jpg

This one didn’t want to go under the rain to pee this morning and decided she’ll pee on the floor mat instead so I had to pick her up, walk her over to the grass, and put her under the rain so she could pee like a normal wet dog

Back