Doug Ritter RSK Knife Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. That looks an awful lot like the old Ritter Grips.

If I didn't have one of those already, I'd probably buy one.

This is the description. I wonder if their HK Exemplar uses the same lock construction.

Since Ritter first saw the original Benchmade prototype knife with the ambidextrous AXIS* lock, designed by knifemakers Bill McHenry and Jason Williams, he has been a huge fan. Ritter took note that the patent on that outstanding lock expired in 2016.

Ritter has dubbed the improved version of this lock used in this next generation RSK® Mk1-G2 the ABLE™ Lock—standing for "Ambidextrous Bar Lock Enhanced." The ABLE™ Lock incorporates superior finish and geometry for smoother operation, a tougher lock bar and Wolff omega springs.

W.C. Wolff Co. is famed worldwide for their superior springs engineered and manufactured in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania. Wolff springs are respected for outstanding durability, thus providing enhanced reliability for the ABLE™ Lock. Wolff also provides the torsion springs used in Hogue's automatic knives.

The ABLE™ Lock liners are secured by two offset screws. The additional screw and offset design provides added strength and rigidity to the knife and lock assembly.

Huh. That looks an awful lot like the old Ritter Grips.
With good reason...

If I didn't have one of those already, I'd probably buy one.
I somehow never got around to buying the previous generation RSK Mk1 (Ritter Grip), so my pre-order is in for a Mk1-G2. If I like it, I might grab the mini for a friend; assuming there's a mini in the future, that is.

hey Doug ,thanks so much for bringing back this awesome design...at a great value to boot ordered me one earlier today

Thanks for what you do Mr. Ritter, and Knife Rights. I went ahead and preordered one and am pretty excited about it.

Thanks to those who have ordered and expressed kind words and compliments.

With regards to those expressing concerns about the similarities between the RSK® Mk1-G2 and the Benchmade Griptilian that served as the basis for the original OEM RSK® Mk1 produced by Benchmade for me, I suggest you carefully re-read the precisely crafted remarks on the product page, reproduced below. I would just as soon not say anything more and hope that, as noted by one poster, that the credibility and honor of the parties involved will speak volumes. :

Ritter explained, "when Benchmade advised me in the summer of 2016 that as part of a restructuring that they were no longer going to produce my RSK knives, it was quite a shock. These highly regarded knives have been my primary source of income for the last decade. That income is what has allowed me to spend the majority of my time on Knife Rights' efforts to free knife owners from irrational knife restrictions. This has resulted in 29 bills repealing knife bans enacted in 21 states, eight anti-knife bills defeated and numerous litigation victories in the past eight years. The sales also support my Equipped To Survive™ site and my participation on numerous national and international safety and survival standards committees. Walking away from Knife Rights and ETS due to the loss of knife income simply wasn't an option I would consider."

"Needs must when the devil drives," said Ritter. The question facing Ritter was what would the next generation knife look like; how could he make it better? Over the years Ritter had considered "next gen" versions in various configurations, some even got sketched or spec'd out with Benchmade. However, none ever came to fruition for him.
Thank you for the clarification, Mr. Ritter. I think what you haven’t said says more than anything you could have said. I wish you the best with your sales of the RSK2 although I may wait for a smaller version.

Thank you for your tireless support of knife rights and thanks for taking some time to address us knife knuts directly.

So any Joe can preorder this knife now or is it still limited to some mysterious club members?

One step at a time. Huge investment, need to see if folks like this new one as much as they liked the old one.As a rule, we don't comment on future product plans until they are ready to sell. :) Thanks for your understanding.

Hopefully the mini will come to fruition at some point. It suits my needs far better than the full sized RSK, which I will probably not purchase at this time.

I'll be supporting knife rights by picking one up in the future. Might have to find some one making cf scales too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back