Elusive Schrades

Cal, you may recognise this Old friend of yours Sir?..........

Gorgeous Peach Seed Kon Kav has had very little use by the looks of how full the Blades are, storage Speckle but no pitting at all- in fact the very High resolution Photos are harsh on this stunning Knife, the Knife in hand is a beauty!

s0n350m.jpg

VRS016y.jpg

pAhmQnm.jpg

L7exZrG.jpg

You dont see these around all the time, I have seen them come up in conversation, and forgive me Charlie Sir- I am wondering should this be under Elusive?

This Knife Roland had for sale for some time, I kept going back to it, and back to it... and so on.....

So, here it is, I want this to join my Scout / Utility Knife collection, it deserves a spot as it is remarkably Built.

The Knife is untouched and never been used., I am very glad after handling this Knife that I purchased it, The scales are the more stable composite, and they seem to stand out among beautiful bone Examples which can almost make one walk past it, but the 906 Schrade is quite the formidable knife and imo deserves a place in a nice Scout / Utility display.
Being a 60 + year old Knife, I would say its doing nicely!

yXzerpS.jpg

z6ByufA.jpg

ZYl2W1A.jpg

NJPrVau.jpg

V1gfuvt.jpg

VrRHWQZ.jpg

You dont see these around all the time, I have seen them come up in conversation, and forgive me Charlie Sir- I am wondering should this be under Elusive?

This Knife Roland had for sale for some time, I kept going back to it, and back to it... and so on.....

So, here it is, I want this to join my Scout / Utility Knife collection, it deserves a spot as it is remarkably Built.

The Knife is untouched and never been used., I am very glad after handling this Knife that I purchased it, The scales are the more stable composite, and they seem to stand out among beautiful bone Examples which can almost make one walk past it, but the 906 Schrade is quite the formidable knife and imo deserves a place in a nice Scout / Utility display.

yXzerpS.jpg

z6ByufA.jpg

ZYl2W1A.jpg

NJPrVau.jpg

V1gfuvt.jpg

VrRHWQZ.jpg

I stewed over that knife also, Duncan, but since I had 2 or 3 of them already, it wasn't really an urgent need. Regardless, it's a great pattern, and has an important place in Schrade and utility knife history. I find the nail nick placement on the main to be interesting.

Great knife, I am glad you own it!

I am afraid Cal that the New Zealand guys dont get too into their Knives, New Zealand is a young Country and does not have that depth where Kids when young used to Carry a Barlow- a New Zealand Mother would scream if she would see her child with a Pocket Knife- just simply not a thing we grew up with.

So the typical New Zealand Farmer will carry a Cut throat type of curved Green River Fixed blade in a the usual Leather Sheath with sharpener that's a s rough as you could imagine, and not many have the passion to finesse their Carry range.

You will find the odd guy out the who will like their Knives - but to get into as much as we do? mmmmm not really my friend.

Thank you Glenn, with the differences between the 906 pattern I like this one and glad I finally chose it - thank you my friend!

I may get a pm from Charlie...
Buck?, but the very first Buck that Schrade made for Buck, there is a story behind this very knife, I wont go into it, and I am not saying that stories ( unless proven and are valid) should add any value.
This actual Knife was given to a well known Collector Of Schrade Knives by Albert Baer - who was very good friends with the Collector, in fact the collector and Wife were very close friends of Mr & Mrs Baer - story aside, a neat Knife, unused I apologise as you will see grime in the Saw Cut which I should have removed before Photos.

I dint buy the Knife because of the Story, I had one of these in earlier Years and let it go, so I thought I would take this one.

XfGR0yN.jpg

2MhKUle.jpg

NAWjMPi.jpg

fwb7loV.jpg

yXzerpS.jpg

z6ByufA.jpg

ZYl2W1A.jpg

NJPrVau.jpg

V1gfuvt.jpg

VrRHWQZ.jpg
Way cool utility knife, Duncan!! 👍
Schrade put a Can Piercer on a Fisherman's knife also!! See also, third knife down, bottom pic!!Fishy Jacks 3.jpgFishy Jacks 2.jpg

Fishy Jacks 1.jpg

The Quality of your Knives are quite mind boggling Charlie. Those Pens are gorgeous.

That fisherman’s example you quoted - That must be a rare Knife to get? I don’t think I have seen one before like that, nor the bird and Fisherman’s combined as that beautiful example ( Yellow Handled - top )
I presume that’s a gut hook Charlie as they have in the Bird Knives?

Campbellclanman Campbellclanman Duncan, wonderful knives, when we spoke and you mentioned the red Scout type knife, I replied I had just picked one up as well. Mine however is nowhere near the nice condition of yours:thumbsup::cool:

Mine came in a very dirty, gummed up condition. The phillips is also in bad shape but the rest of the knife makes a nice user.
53LNZN.jpg

mi41Tr.jpg

e29kd5.jpg

qQw4a5.jpg

kfZR8H.jpg

I assume that's a patent number on the bottom jaw of the can piercer?
aUAJmA.jpg

That fisherman’s example you quoted - That must be a rare Knife to get? I don’t think I have seen one before like that, nor the bird and Fisherman’s combined as that beautiful example ( Yellow Handled - top )
I presume that’s a gut hook Charlie as they have in the Bird Knives?
That's a Gaffe hook, for pulling a fish out of the water without losing it, Duncan!
That whole knife was designed for Abercrombie & Fitch, outfitters!!

That's a Gaffe hook, for pulling a fish out of the water without losing it, Duncan!
That whole knife was designed for Abercrombie & Fitch, outfitters!!
First, it was a wise decision for Schrade to make a fishing knife in stainless steel, since fisherman's hands are frequently wet. A carbon steel fishing knife will become a rust bucket.

Second, they must have little fish up around Walden, the ruler runs out at just over 3.5 inches. 😲 They must have Markesharp sized fish up there ! 😲🤫🤫🤫😉😂

I really like the idea of the magnetic disgorger and the hook sharpening stone on the scales, very very neat !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Gaffe hook was also a really intelligent design. You pull the fish out of the water with your wet and slippery hands, the fish flips it tail, and you will need to go back to the store and buy another knife, as well as losing your giant fish. 😉😂 I lost a really nice German made pair of needle nosed pliers in the drink this very way, when trying to get a hook out of the gills of a Primble size 😉11 pound fish !

All funnin' aside, some very interesting pieces Charlie ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:☺️

Last edited:
Back