Elusive Schrades

Cal, you may recognise this Old friend of yours Sir?..........

Gorgeous Peach Seed Kon Kav has had very little use by the looks of how full the Blades are, storage Speckle but no pitting at all- in fact the very High resolution Photos are harsh on this stunning Knife, the Knife in hand is a beauty!

s0n350m.jpg

VRS016y.jpg

pAhmQnm.jpg

L7exZrG.jpg

Very nice example Duncan. It has the pizazz.

Unusual and probably elusive? A FIXED blade Schrade CutCo florist knife. In one picture you can see a micro-thin line indicating a joint. I don't know what the interior construction might be. The box and paper are original.
View attachment 1781101View attachment 1781102View attachment 1781103View attachment 1781104View attachment 1781105

Cal that's too cool! I saw that one too but never noticed that it was fixed, good eyes!! It's definitely the first one I've seen, ever!! That's a special order knife if there ever was one!

Eric

I love that yellow Schrade Walden cell and of course that pattern as well. I have been watching my mail box, Paul, but still no sign of that 861Y. :confused:

The vibrancy of the yellow celluloid is hard to beat. The 881 has only a smidgen of shrinking and no signs of the dreaded gassing. It’s about time to get out the 861Y for a look over, along with its other potentially explosive colorful brethren.

That’s a great little 808. Looks bone to me.

Find a very sharp knife. Rest the blade across the subject knife.
Slide the sharp knife lengthwise along the subject material (like you are scraping paint) but don't press - let the weight of the knife do the work. It should "skate" over bone, but it will try and dig in, or drag, on plastic!! I've never had it scratch or damage any handles!!
YMMV!!!

Thanks Paul for the kind Comments on that Kon Kav- I think its a real neat Knife!, I agree with the fellows- That Yellow 881Y is a beaut!

Cal- Wow, That Fixed Blade Florist is awesome- especially when Eric comes in and states that this is the first he has seen- ever! That says it all doesn't it!

the 808 is a sweetheart of a knife, Steve P usually has the good stuff doesn't he!

Slide the sharp knife lengthwise along the subject material (like you are scraping paint) but don't press - let the weight of the knife do the work. It should "skate" over bone, but it will try and dig in, or drag, on plastic!! I've never had it scratch or damage any handles!!
YMMV!!!
Thank You for that info Charlie!! 👍🤝👍😁
John 🇺🇸

Here are examples of the 3 versions of 301's that Schrade built for Buck. The bottom knife is the one with Buck stamped on the back of the tang.
Knice trio there :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Unusual and probably elusive? A FIXED blade Schrade CutCo florist knife. In one picture you can see a micro-thin line indicating a joint. I don't know what the interior construction might be. The box and paper are original.
I’ve never even imagined such a knaf there Cal… Mawvellous catch :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I ran into a somewhat elusive 881Y recently. Decent condition, blades are a little rough but full. Good knife to carry and with those lovely vibrant yellow celluloid handles.
Those handles really do glow Paul…
Wunderful :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Here is a tiny tot from Steve P, the baby stockman 808 in bone. Edit: It may be Delrin.
Another beaut there with REAL wavy-red bone and such sweet liners Cal o_O:thumbsup::thumbsup:
YMMV!!!
Awesome tip here Charlie… thanks a bunch
😃:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice Cut Co FB Florist's knife, Cal!! Unusual to have handles made like a folder!!
Here is a much simpler, Schrade Walden FB version, for comparison.Pro Flo 1.jpgPro Flo 2.jpg

Cal yours was probably a special order from Trepp's Flowers, done in the days before Schrade manufactured the fixed blades such as Charlie's cool example. They must have requested a decent number of knives for the order to be undertaken, although I heard that back then there was a minimum order of 25 knives for special modifications to be implemented. A far cry from the 500 minimums you need nowadays! That's really a special knife!

I'd better add a little knife content before I get yelled at!

Schrade Cut Co Two Jacks 3.jpg

Schrade Cut Co Two Jacks 2.jpg

Eric

Back