49.png

54.png

55.png

58.png

60.png

63.png

64.png

66.png

Anybody got their hands on a Fire Ant yet?

Just made lunch on a camp stove (work from home, practice stove craft). Wasn't the Emberlit. Takes more "I wanna" to use compared to alcohol. Still a cool stove. Maybe when it gets cooler out.

Really enjoyed having the mini ti, just got the fireant in, but won't be able to get it out until the weekend.

Great for being here in CA, although didn't have as many fires because of the dangers this year in the Sierras, but the mini came in real handy for coffee.

yGiOUH3l.jpg

I would love to hear how what sort of boil times you get with a Trangia burner with that. Please keep us posted.

Earthquake preparedeness and fire safety in the CA wilderness was my logic in getting the multi use fireant. Rather have an alcohol flame then have to control embers in a dry or disaster area. Although I can't wait to get it out this weekend to try it with some traight up kindling. I wanna try cook test as well as boil with both just to see if there's any fuel effieciency differential between the mini and the fireant. Seems like the small changes in the Fireant from the mini, is the wider openining, more holes, and more vertical angle will provide a better vector for phase change. I'll post up what I get.

Last edited:
Anybody got their hands on a Fire Ant yet?

Just made lunch on a camp stove (work from home, practice stove craft). Wasn't the Emberlit. Takes more "I wanna" to use compared to alcohol. Still a cool stove. Maybe when it gets cooler out.

Mine showed up!
Looking forward to using it! I already have the older laser cut Emberlit but figured an other emberlit can't hurt! The Fireants are pretty small. Actually fits in the Emberlit! Well made and nice design! I hope the Embelit one day gets changed to look like the FireAnt!

Last edited:
Great shots Warrior! That Hunt Yuma looking mighty fine as well!

Thanks man. The Yuma is one sick blade. I love it.

I'm glad to see this thread continuing. Anyone who has read it or the associated threads knows what I think of the Emberlit. One of the best products I have ever come across. Mini? Fireant? An enlarged version? All interesting and would be fun to experiment with in different applications, each seemingly designed to fit a particular use. Heck I am tempted to buy one of the newer production regular TI Emberlits just to compare it to my older early production unit. Can one have too many of them?

Emberlit was my first Production Wood Stove and I still have that original Emberlit! Served me well.
Now to answer your question " can one have to many Emberlits"
Of course not!
I say buy the newer Ti model and let us know your test results.

got the new stove

used twigs
started with dried thistle stalks and pine needles
packed it with dried pencil thick pine twigs
one match
almost immediately to a no smoke fire
5 to 6 minutes a cup of tea on a full water bottle cup
very fast that way

the trick is very small twigs that burn fast

latter
fatter finger thick twigs feed from the side hole was much slower and would charcoal for a bake type heat

Really enjoyed having the mini ti, just got the fireant in, but won't be able to get it out until the weekend.

Great for being here in CA, although didn't have as many fires because of the dangers this year in the Sierras, but the mini came in real handy for coffee.

yGiOUH3l.jpg
Man when I see this picture I wish I never gave my Emberlit Mini away!
F53A5A32-A7EB-44C5-88FD-5F741A874772.jpg

where does one procure an Emberlit fire ant? I have the Ti version and love it, but i would love to get the fire ant.

Those are great pictures!

Thanks. I grew up next to a partially deactivated army base. Since the deactivation, there are a handful of neighborhoods tucked away that have been left to rot. I set up on the foundation of what looked to be a 3 family house. I'm bringing by nice camera tomorrow to another neighborhood I found on a map.

Back