Emberlite stainless steal or ti.

A starlit night on a river gravel bar, just you and the dog... supper is done, tea is hot... topfeed the stove and enjoy the mini-campfire without nightblinding yourself, without dodging a plume of smoke and flying embers. Better than a campfire IMHO. Coghlans campfire fork eh? Maybe I can get one before Mack gets his. ;)
You describe an idyllic picture, but the negatives you mention are part of the fun of a camp fire IMHO;)(except the smoke in face, which can happen with the Emberlite also...dang wind.) :rolleyes:)

Of course there are times when a smaller fire is called for & the Emberlite shines for all the reasons previously posted in praise of it.
Be it SS or Ti the Emberlite is one great piece of gear.:thumbup:

And if you do get a C's C Fork you'll need to put a stick or something through the hanging/lanyard hole in the handle to keep it from rolling side to side if/when you prop it on something to free up your hands.:)

Oh I dunno. Properly heated with a bed of coals and the right wood, my Emberlit gives off very little smoke and flying embers. If it smoked like a campfire, I couldn't use it. And as far as putting off heat like a campfire, burning hickory it will top out well over 750 degrees, hot enough to melt aluminum. It doesn't radiate it as far so I sit closer. Which I can do with the smoke and ember reduction. It isn't just a mini-firepit. It is a wood fuel carburator. Try some hickory wood chips and chunks from the BBQ section of your favorite store if you don't have hickory trees in your yard (I do).

Has there been positive confirmation that the fireant will be available in stainless and titanium?

My understanding is the FireAnt will only be made of Titanium. If there is enough demand for a Stainless version, Mikhail may make it. I'm trying to be patient waiting for my FireAnt to be made and arrive. There is talk of a last minute design change to the feed port that improves efficiency. The improvements continue. :)

I've got Emberlits in both Ti and Stainless. They work equally well, but I'm getting old and don't like carrying around extra weight. If I could only have one, I'd go with the Ti (unless I was gonna do all of my camping out of a vehicle).

breaking-in my heavy cover titanium mess kit...i forgot bug spray and was getting feasted on during the hike but surprisingly the emberlit's barely noticeable smoke was enough to drive them off.

071_001_zpsd2cae2d1.jpg

Hey Jv how did your new mess kit work on the Ti Emberlit? and what did you cook in it?:D
breaking-in my heavy cover titanium mess kit...i forgot bug spray and was getting feasted on during the hike but surprisingly the emberlit's barely noticeable smoke was enough to drive them off.

071_001_zpsd2cae2d1.jpg

Hey, Hawkeye, just checkin' in and checkin' out the comments. It's gonna take me awhile to get through all of them. I've only used my
SS a few times, but would be very surprised if it was to show rust. Seems to be good quality SS. I should be on the list for an Emberlit Fire Ant, in Ti, deliverable in July. I'll have to let you know what I think then. Good thread.

Jackaroo

Thanks for checking in Jack. Glad you like the stove and the thread. Let us know how the stove works out for you.

Of all the Emberlits now in the hands of users that I have seen, many of which have as many if not more burns than my early ti model, I've never seen one rust, warp or burn out. So material quality is definately a non-issue whether stainless or titanium. And they have only gotten better with the current embossing to strengthen the panels, IMHO.

Went out fishing Saturday evening, a one hour 4km walk through the woods, unfortunately had one Brown on the line but didn't land it, which meant noodles for dinner instead of a tasty brown trout shore-lunch grilled over my Emberlit!

D4FD6FE3-349D-4D94-B1B8-B555DF253034.jpg

8BDF52BC-1E6E-4830-B6AE-7C0F7ABFBED4.jpg

47B1B8AA-3263-478F-8D91-9E4FFA549B4C.jpg

B1AEE97F-0369-4C1F-909C-8F7518146E1B.jpg

5DDCEEE9-A500-41AE-9281-6BC04C84D570.jpg

This was my first time using the Snow Peak Solo on the Emberlit. I normally use my MSR Titan Kettle. The cross bars were needed with the Snow Peak (first time using them). I'll be sticking with the MSR from now on, the slightly larger base works better with the Emberlit and cross bars are not needed, I didn't time it but I'm fairly certain the MSR boils faster for the same reason.

Last edited:
Took the family out to Ringwood Park . Took my Emberlit with me . My wife says what are you doing I answer playing with my toys .
98b0256d0b065b36a6dd2c93bd4db0bd_zpscb51890d.jpg

e8b8b49c61058a0afa0068fc5a8640d0_zps1f5b5693.jpg

86e8b98b10c56113f13c770e9b653f3f_zps14ffefb3.jpg

daeaa5adcf92b29f280789683959207b_zpse7e94a08.jpg

Back