Emberlite stainless steal or ti.

Well it all went well. Spaghetti and coffee for lunch .Fried deer meat for supper. The Emberlit worked out great.

So... you're going to keep it then? :D I am sure that there is someone, somewhere who is dissatisfied with their Emberlit purchase, but I am yet to meet them. And besides, Mikhale is good people! :thumbup:

I have both, but they were really early productions. I use the Ti one more because they perform the same and the Ti one weighs less.

Could not find the jiffypop , But still looking .
So... you're going to keep it then? :D I am sure that there is someone, somewhere who is dissatisfied with their Emberlit purchase, but I am yet to meet them. And besides, Mikhale is good people! :thumbup:

I ordered a ss model, and by accident the guy sent me a ti one. I thought it was awesome at first, haha, but felt bad and contacted the person. He had realized the mistake, but told me to just keep it. So, I lucked out and got the ti model for $37.95 shipped.

Cool. Hope that I can find mine. This thread made me want to dig it out.

I have one of the original version Ti's for backpacking.

P1050189.jpg

I bought a SS version for a kayaking mess kit. Weight is less of a concern.

P1060753_zps935c2aa8.jpg

Both are great. I think it's up to the individual to weigh cost/ounces and go from there.

Hey Up North and Guyon thanks for adding pictures to this post. Anyone else got some pictures of your
Emberlit in use . Please post them. Thanks

Hey Up North and Guyon thanks for adding pictures to this post. Anyone else got some pictures of your
Emberlit in use . Please post them. Thanks

I found it today and made some tea. I've learned to put the cross pieces in last, in order for the pouch to close properly.

Bumped into a mink a few days ago. It was fun to watch. :)

I have a bag of coal because I sometimes pick it up while metal detecting, and I wanted to use it in future experiments. I tried lighting a piece with a pile of magnesium shavings once, no go, not even close. Has anyone put hard coal into their E.L. after establishing a good base ?

No, but I've used chunk hickory (in the picture above) and I've used charcoal. It should work if added to a good base of coals... err... glowing wood embers.

I'll give it a whirl in a few days. I can always break the material up initially to help with ignition. Some Googlefu alleviated a concern that I had. Anthracite burns at around 1\3 of Titanium's melting point, so excessive heat is not an issue. I hope that it goes well, as a few decent lumps of coal are not a carry issue for me in regard to weight or bulk. And I am curious about the longevity of coals practical heat output here in the cold.

JV3, the more you use it the easier it gets, eh? :)

yes, sir! what's funny is every time i use it it's like the first time all over again - i'm blown away at how fuel efficient it is...i almost always have another handful of twigs leftover.

I went on an overnighter canoe trip this fall and camped on a long narrow gravel bar. I set up camp on the upriver end because other canoeists had already taken my usual spot on the downriver end. They had to launch a canoe and travel up and down river to find firewood. I found mine right there on the bare picked over gravel bar near my tent. Enough in one armload or little sticks and twigs for supper with a cheery fire for a while after desert, and for breakfast the next morning. In one picture it looked like you had a couple days' worth gathered. I assumed it was leftovers from previous campers. I can often get enough of their leavings to burn that I don't have to scrounge up much of anything beyond fine kindling.

Back