Emerson Customer Service

Anyone not happy with the Emerson they own, I will gladly purchases it from you at a discounted rate as you are clearly unhappy with it. Please message me with details. :D

Whatever.
I now have sympathy for Mr. Emerson, for having to deal with his customers.

Same here, I mean it must be tough to have to deal with people who expect a service after is been paid for. I mean really who the hell does the op think he is.

Anyone not happy with the Emerson they own, I will gladly purchases it from you at a discounted rate as you are clearly unhappy with it. Please message me with details. :D

Anyone who has some money they intend to spend can send it to me and I will gladly mail it back interest free 7 years later. Assuming 2% inflation that sounds like a great deal!(for me) Send me your email and we can work it out.

Amon I have several Emersons and I'll be happy to sell you ALL of them. All of these knives (except for the two Commanders) are handmade before Mr. Emerson started his production knife company. These knives are for sale to amon ONLY who offered to "gladly purchase [them] at a discounted rate ..."

1. There are two Commanders, one with a Damascus blade. I figure $800 for the pair of them.
  2. There's a new (here that means it's never cut anything and never has been sharpened) CQC6 made in 2001 - $1,000.
  3. There's a new Super Commander with a black blade − $500.
  4. Next is a new CQC7 with the older "Emerson" (curved) logo - $1,000.
  5. There's also a new CQC7 that has the "Emerson Specwar Knives" logo but it's reversed. The logo was put on backwards so it's a mirror image. I've been offered $2,000 for that one. Same price to you!

Amon your total is only $5,300 but let's round it off to $5,000, OK? Just mail me the check and after it clears I'll give you the same GREAT customer service that Mr. Emerson gave me.

That means that I won't ship the knives to you. I also won't answer any emails and I'll never be available to speak to you on the phone. Rather I'll have my employees give you a runaround, sometimes telling you that the knives will ship in a month or two; sometimes feigning complete ignorance, and sometimes telling you that they'll call back tomorrow (and then they won't). A couple of times over the next few years we'll meet face to face and I'll promise to ship the knives to you in a month, and then I won't. At least you know the actual terms up front. I didn't.

Is it a deal? Are you catching on yet?

Last edited:
Amon I have several Emersons and I'll be happy to sell you ALL of them. All of these knives (except for the two Commanders) are handmade before Mr. Emerson started his production knife company. These knives are for sale to amon ONLY who offered to "gladly purchase [them] at a discounted rate ..."

1. There are two Commanders, one with a Damascus blade. I figure $800 for the pair of them.
  2. There's a new (here that means it's never cut anything and never has been sharpened) MV−1 made in 2001 - $1,000.
  5. There's also a new CQC7 that has the "Emerson Specwar Knives" logo but it's reversed. The logo was put on backwards so it's a mirror image. I've been offered $2,000 for that one. Same price to you!

Amon your total is only $5,300 but let's round it off to $5,000, OK? Just mail me the check and after it clears I'll give you the same GREAT customer service that Mr. Emerson gave me.

That means that I won't ship the knives to you. I also won't answer any emails and I'll never be available to speak to you on the phone. Rather I'll have my employees give you a runaround, sometimes telling you that the knives will ship in a month or two; sometimes feigning complete ignorance, and sometimes telling you that they'll call back tomorrow (and then they won't). A couple of times over the next few years we'll meet face to face and I'll promise to ship the knives to you in a month, and then I won't. At least you know the actual terms up front. I didn't.

sales are restricted to gold members and above and only in the appropriate section of the exchange :)

By the way, if you'll get off you high horse for a second, it was meant as friendly advice, rather than an "order."

Yaknow, I don't recall asking for your sympathy. SOMEHOW, I think I'll live.

Really? It sure doesn't seem that way to me. Had you written something along the lines of "I suggest that you ledigo." What you now claim, that it was meant as "friendly advice" would have been clear. Instead, it seems to me, that you were giving an order; especially in the curt, succinct way you wrote and since it immediately followed my previous post where I attempted to straighten out another poster who mistakenly thought that this thread was an attack on the quality of Mr. Emerson's knives.

Gonna go cry myself to sleep now. Sniff sniff ...

Same here, I mean it must be tough to have to deal with people who expect a service after is been paid for. I mean really who the hell does the op think he is.

At first, I was supportive of Lou's position.
However, after seeing the way in which he became exceptionally rude and pissy over friendly advice, I can only imagine the things he e-mailed to Emerson which we are not being shown.
I'm certain they were not pleasant though, given the way in which he has interacted with people in this thread.

At first, I was supportive of Lou's position.

Since you didn't bother actually expressing your support for my position we'll just have to take your word for this.

However, after seeing the way in which he became exceptionally rude and pissy over friendly advice [Emphasis Original]

Your "advice" was anything but "friendly." Rather it was a three−word−demand for me to just forget this incident and stop posting.

I can only imagine the things he e-mailed to Emerson which we are not being shown.

All of my communications with Mr. Emerson were polite and professional. There were two emails that I sent and then several certified letters. I no longer have the actual emails, too many computer meltdowns between then and now, but I still have the text of those emails as well as that of the certified letters that were sent. I'll be happy to post them if you like, so you and everyone else can decide if they're rude or not. I was still trying to get the knife that I'd ordered. Being rude certainly wouldn't have helped with that.

You might also remember that in Mr. Emerson's brief appearance in this thread he didn't mention anything of the sort of thing that you imagine and insinuate. Had those communications been as you'd like to believe, I'm sure that he would have discussed it in order to justify his reticence to complete the order. But he did not, leaving a reasonable, rational and logical person to believe that they were not as you allege. Of course, you're free to believe whatever nonsense your brain cooks up but there's no evidence to support it. All that happened in this thread was that you got back what you were handing out.

But please don't take my word for this. Feel free to call or write Mr. Emerson and ask him about the tone of my phone calls, emails and/or letters to him. Get back to us after you do and let us know what he says, OK?

I'm certain they were not pleasant though, given the way in which he has interacted with people in this thread.

Let's keep in mind that YOU are the one who started the personal attacks, in this case with name−calling, which I'll point out has not been returned. Some people simply can't stand it when someone stands up to them and gives back what they've handed out. You appear to be one of those.

This thread could be stopped in one post. All it needs is for Emerson to post that he will work something out with Lou that is mutually acceptable.

Until that happens I would say Lou is in the right and unfortunately all the mud being flung at Emerson will continue to stick.

Lou Castle:
Your "advice" was anything but "friendly." Rather it was a three−word−demand for me to just forget this incident and stop posting.

Get over yourself. It was not a "demand"; it was a actually a humourous bit of advice from a humourous commercial...Perhaps you aren't a fan of humour?

Let's keep in mind that YOU are the one who started the personal attacks, in this case with name−calling
Let's keep in mind that no such thing occurred; I said you were being obnoxious, when you were in fact being obnoxious.

Since we seem to have different understanding of communication, I'm going to leave it at this.
You saw rudeness where there was none; perhaps I did the same.

Stabman: just stop posting on Lou's thread please, you have said all you want. We understand you disagree.

2. There's a new (here that means it's never cut anything and never has been sharpened) CQC6 made in 2001 - $1,000.

Clearly you are unhappy with them. I'll offer you $200 to take them off your hands. As you clearly hate them, I'll do you a favor.

Dude, why would Mr. Emerson talk to you on the phone? You sound like a nutball, I would have my reception screen your calls as well. Clearly you think that because you spent some money you are owed something. From reading your posts you probably got the run around because you sounded like a lunatic.

Clearly you are unhappy with them. ... As you clearly hate them

I was right, you DO need a course in reading comprehension. Earlier I wrote, (I've added emphasis in these quotations for those few with the INability to understand simple sentences).
I like his knives. [and this] I carried a Commander on duty for years. I still have a bunch of them. ... [and this] I liked his knives and I like to have both production knives and something with some customization, some personalization, that makes it mine and mine alone. ... [and this] As I've already said a couple of times, I like his knives.

I'll offer you $200 to take them off your hands. ... I'll do you a favor.

After I wrote post #103 where I said that I'd "sell" you my Emerson's for $5,000, misterjuiceman wrote "sales are restricted to gold members and above and only in the appropriate section of the exchange :)"

I'm sure that he was writing "tongue−in−cheek" since I also wrote that my intention was to NOT ship the knives to you; rather I was going to do the same thing to you that Mr. Emerson did to me, take the money and give you nothing. Since you're willing to do this it's NOT a violation of the forum's rules, it's NOT an offer for sale. Rather it's an offer for abuse, which you've just accepted with your counteroffer! I read the rules and abuse is acceptable for "less than gold members." So I'll accept your offer of $200 to NOT send you any knives. Just send me the money, then sit back and wait.

Clearly you think that because you spent some money you are owed something.

You're RIGHT. When I make a deal with someone for a purchase and then pay them I do think that I'm "owed something." So does the rest of the world, so who am I to disagree?! Not really sure why the straightforward concept of free enterprise had eluded you.

Simply pay the $200 into my PayPal account, and then wait for the knives that will never arrive. I will consider that the offer made and accepted here between us to be a binding contract. To summarize, you're going to send me $200, and just as with my deal with Mr. Emerson turned into, I'M NOT going to send you anything. I'll use your money for several years, ignore your emails, calls and letters and then maybe I'll return it.

Gotta tell ya, Lou...Your tone has changed.:thumbdn:

Getting pissy because someone says let it go???? Come on.

We've all heard the story. We've read the dozens of posts and replies. We get it. We get the several things that happened.

1) You paid for a knife up front. Bad on You.
2) You waited way too long to receive your knife. Bad on Emerson.
3) You corresponded with him and he replied.
4) He touted his customer service and that bothered you.
5) You told your story to save the rest of us.

So NOW....

The "ledigo" you got is a pretty good piece of advice. It wasnt an order and it certainly didnt deserve the name-calling in return.

Last edited:
"Clearly you think that because you spent some money you are owed something."

Is this supposed to make some kind of sense? He paid for a knife with a delivery time set, he should have received said knife on or around that date. Certainly not a refund with a half assed apology SEVEN years later. C'mon...........

Gotta tell ya, Lou...Your tone has changed.
Getting pissy because someone says let it go???? Come on.

Perhaps my tone has changed. I must admit that I'm human and sometimes respond in kind when treated poorly. It appeared to me, based on his replies that the "friendly advice" from stabman was anything but friendly. I did not reply in the same tone as the unfriendly one that I perceived, rather I simply asked, "And can anyone tell me why some people think they can give others orders on the Net?" Stabman replied with name calling. If you think it's "pissy" to reply to such rudeness with sarcasm, I wonder how you'd characterize the name calling? Interesting that you made no such comment to anyone else who engaged in rude behavior in the thread!

We've all heard the story. We've read the dozens of posts and replies. We get it. We get the several things that happened.

1) You paid for a knife up front. Bad on You.

It seems that you missed the part where I wrote, "I've found that some knife makers don't want any money up−front for a custom, some want a deposit and some want it fully paid up−front." Back then Mr. Emerson said that he wanted to be paid up front and so I agreed. That's not "bad on" anyone. It's a simple business agreement. In fact it's the way that business is USUALLY DONE! Does Amazon ship you a book BEFORE you pay for it? Does Ralph's let you carry the groceries out to your car BEFORE you pay for them? If you ordered a production knife from Emerson Specwar Knives, Inc. today, would they ship it BEFORE you paid for it? The only difference with this order was the time that was to have elapsed between first payment and delivery. In fact, the way that I worked out the payments, it was paid−in−full at exactly the time that Mr. Emerson told me that it would be ready.

2) You waited way too long to receive your knife. Bad on Emerson.

Had Mr. Emerson simply explained what was going on with the development of his new business I might still be waiting and happy to do so. The main issue were the lack of responses to my phone calls and the constant run−around I got from his employees and Mr. Emerson as well. At one point the man looked me right in the eye and lied to me! That seems to be OK with you. My standards are somewhat different.

3) You corresponded with him and he replied.

No, you're wrong, he didn't reply. Not until I threatened legal action via certified mail. And then there was no explanation, only a refund of the money that I'd sent him. It seems that you've missed quite a bit here.

5) You told your story to save the rest of us.

I don't know about "sav[ing]" anyone. People have been told of one incident. As expected some fan boys have jumped on their usual wagon. Some folks have said that they'd prefer not to do business with someone who treats a customer as he treated me. Everyone has more information than they did before, some are pissed off, some are happy they've received the information and some have been entertained by the silliness of some posts.

So NOW....

The "ledigo" you got is a pretty good piece of advice. It wasnt an order and it certainly didnt deserve the name-calling in return.

I took it as one. All that it would have taken to change my mind was an explanation of how it was intended. That didn't come until a few more exchanges.

But NDJeep, I've read my responses to stabman a few times now and still can't find what you refer to as "the name−calling in return." Can you please show me where I've called him any names?

How about this? Let it go...or NOT. This member is done caring about your plight.

I knew when I started out that I'd get varied responses from people. I really don't care that you are "done caring about my plight." But thanks for contributing; it resulted allowed me to clear up a few of your misconceptions and some things that you'd gotten dead wrong.

As far as "let[ing] it go" ... I'm over the ill feelings I used to harbor towards Mr. Emerson. (I’m sure he's greatly relieved. lol) But I'll never forget how I was treated. I doubt that anyone else would either. You and some others have taken time out of your busy schedules (I'm guessing here) to read this thread and then to write your thoughts about the incident, my response to it, some responses to my responses (and so on). The least I can do is correct your errors and mistaken beliefs by responding to your posts.

"Clearly you think that because you spent some money you are owed something."

Is this supposed to make some kind of sense? He paid for a knife with a delivery time set, he should have received said knife on or around that date. Certainly not a refund with a half assed apology SEVEN years later. C'mon...........

Ya, what I meant was it sounds like he wanted to be pals with Mr. Emerson, didn't happen and now he is butt hurt over it and coming up with all this other stuff but Mr. Emerson won't return his calls personally. It is the internet, I honestly don't believe 90% of what I read online. The whole story sounds like BS to me. :jerkit:

I think if Lou Castle was that good of a fiction writer he'd probably be too busy writing professionally to be making up stuff on the internet.

Ya, what I meant was it sounds like he wanted to be pals with Mr. Emerson, didn't happen and now he is butt hurt over it and coming up with all this other stuff but Mr. Emerson won't return his calls personally. It is the internet, I honestly don't believe 90% of what I read online. The whole story sounds like BS to me. :jerkit:

I doubt much if any is BS. Mr. Emerson replied in this thread, refunded monies, and half ass apologized. If his actions in this manner were defensible I would expect he would have offered a better explanation.

Back