Epic Movie Knives

Not really an epic movie but think I saw a Buck 119 in the movie "Karla" yesterday. Its a very heart warming film.

On the bad guy side, for knives that you can actually buy, the Buck General I think was (in the Friday the 13th series) Jason's favourite, and is even reproduced in giant form on several posters of the movie serie.

Friday-the-13th-Part-8-jason-voorhees-23039108-1280-1024.jpg

158854125_f770be.jpg

Friday-the-13th-The-Final-Chapter-poster.jpg

In recognition for its -I guess- iconic stature, the Buck General is almost the only knife, massively used, by "Ghostface" in the whole Scream series...: Interestingly, the clip of the blade often appears to be slighly re-ground to exaggerate its curvature, for a meaner look it seems:

latest

That same Buck General was heavily put forward visually in the Jeff Bridge/Glen Close movie "Jagged Edge", and AGAIN its clip was modified, with nicely done -if of dubious use- serrations ground into the clip... The serrations are a major point of the movie, to the point of being in the title...

jagged_edge.jpg

Iconic flagship knife of two movie series -I even remember seeing it in innumerable other horror movie posters-, often in large view on the poster, and title subject in a third movie, the Buck General has got to be the most underrated movie knife of all time...

Gaston

How could anyone not have mentioned Tarzan's knife. Iconic knife of my childhood. Good for killing lions and crocodiles, depending which movie Tarzan you preferred.

bill

Loved James Cobern in magnificent 7. but my hero wasJames Caan as Mississippi in John Wayne's el dorado. I was throwing my Rambo knife ever chance I could and kept it in the back of my shirt like he did!

How could anyone not have mentioned Tarzan's knife. Iconic knife of my childhood. Good for killing lions and crocodiles, depending which movie Tarzan you preferred.
bill

If you mean the Johhny Weismuller Tarzan films, defintely an iconic knife, guy pretty much defeated the whole jungle
with it. Hower, it was never a real knife. They used three versions of the kinife; a wooden blade one, a sponge rubber one,
and retracting blade one.

Attachments

• Scan0029.jpg
    Scan0029.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 59
My three favourite movie knives are:

1)

Gil Hibben's double bladed dagger of the somewhat aggro neighbour of Korben Dallas in the Fifth Element:

gcTc71Ho

g6PWzZrE

2)

V's dagger set in V for Vendetta:

XaOHXc0x

3)

The Cold Steel throwing knives of Navajas in Desperados:

rP7DqTDD

If the OP was about swords this would surely make my top 3 too:

The deadly walking cane of the blind swordsman Zaitochi:

c8dNZd4B

DyHftSKt

Love the double shadow concept,but not much of a user blade,rather wallhanger category

Love the double shadow concept,but not much of a user blade,rather wallhanger category

Was being a "user" ever a requirement of these "Epic" movie knives you are asking about?

A practical user hardly seems "epic"! :D

(By the way...you already commented on that post 9 months ago....just "bumping" maybe?)

The knife that had the most impact on me was the spyderco the bad guy used in the Van Damme movie "Hard Target". It was the first non auto, one hand opening knife I ever remember seeing. It's probably the reason I'm on the forums today. I had always liked and owned knives, but that one really made an impact.

The knife that had the most impact on me was the spyderco the bad guy used in the Van Damme movie "Hard Target". It was the first non auto, one hand opening knife I ever remember seeing. It's probably the reason I'm on the forums today. I had always liked and owned knives, but that one really made an impact.

Is this knife still made and on market tday? Any links? Speaking of folding knives in movies- there is one that fascinate me ever since seeing it and ,I done some research on supersized folder used by Crocodile Dundee vs plastic anaconda in 3Rd part of movie Crocodile Dundee...unfortunately not even similar one can be found anywhere on the market,there are some speculations that Down Under Knives may bring this one to the market in real, usable form, as they done with famous large Outback Bowie,that would be fantastic shot.A lot of Dundee fans are asking for that giant folder...I found some info that original Dundee bowie was only a plastic prep in two or three pieces,it is very possible that this folder was also only a plastic prep,I couldn't find even single photo of it anywhere.

Is this knife still made and on market tday? Any links? Speaking of folding knives in movies- there is one that fascinate me ever since seeing it and ,I done some research on supersized folder used by Crocodile Dundee vs plastic anaconda in 3Rd part of movie Crocodile Dundee...unfortunately not even similar one can be found anywhere on the market,there are some speculations that Down Under Knives may bring this one to the market in real, usable form, as they done with famous large Outback Bowie,that would be fantastic shot.A lot of Dundee fans are asking for that giant folder...I found some info that original Dundee bowie was only a plastic prep in two or three pieces,it is very possible that this folder was also only a plastic prep,I couldn't find even single photo of it anywhere.

Interesting! Went from Spyderco to Down Under Knives pretty quick! :) Gotta concentrate around here!

Can you tell us about this famous Down Under Knives Outback Bowie? Is it the knife used in the movie? Because that certainly was epic! :thumbup:

Interesting! Went from Spyderco to Down Under Knives pretty quick! :) Gotta concentrate around here!

Can you tell us about this famous Down Under Knives Outback Bowie? Is it the knife used in the movie? Because that certainly was epic! :thumbup:

Mods,can you get this spam away from here?

Mods,can you get this spam away from here?

What's more epic than the Crocodile Dundee knife? Possibly the most famous movie knife ever...maybe second only to Rambo's knife!

Oh well...got me! :confused:

I'll offer up the Iron Mistress knife from the Iron Mistress. So epic that it rewrote history (actually more like took history, crumpled it up, and threw it out the window) as to what Bowie's knives looked like.

Top that!

Certainly not epic, but i was happy to see one of Gotham's lunatics sporting the Vallotton. If you've handled one of these you too would have enjoyed seeing it on film; albeit in the hands of a serial killer. i love this knife! Spyderco and Butch rocked this one.
Screen%20Shot%202015-12-07%20at%204.37.29%20PM_zps8gwsef8b.png
Screen%20Shot%202015-12-07%20at%204.30.49%20PM_zps2uud7l0b.png
Screen%20Shot%202015-12-07%20at%204.33.38%20PM_zpssk7e7l1f.png
926e1914-7cfc-4f1d-a169-134adc581c5a_zps0uceu4in.png

Warriors of the Rainbow (Seediq Bale)
Basically Taiwanese natives
with big knives/swords defeating foreign invaders who use machine guns and poison gas which in real live was only tear gas but hey whatever makes Japanese look bad and hides that the natives later were "freed" from themselves by another nation close by...
Anyways besides a little bit propaganda a pretty cool movie with nice blades.

Blade from "Blade". Nothing I would buy but what sticks in mind.

Rambo. ☺

Predator. I remember the knife but the movie was completely dominated by the scene were the guy mows down trees with his portable mini gun.
Maybe I've to see it a couple more times to appreciate the finer details of that movie.

Oops just read "childhood".
Let's scratch the first movie. Still worth seeing though.

Few years ago I got two Rambo 3 knives as I always liked it's designs, they are still like new sitting in their original boxes,company that made these is Master Cutlery. Sheaths are decent,but quality of their construction is very poor,I would be actually afraid to use them as they would most likely snapped in half.Steel used on them is a joke itself 420J2, very expensive wall hangers, consider their price at 120-130 bucks.Blades are very thin (about 4-5mm) in comparison how large they are.... very similar apply to Predator knife from same maker I got,this seem to be tougher construction, but also expensive wallhanger.I think for this money it's a shame,that these are not made better.Yes, they look nice and cool,but unfortunately in my opinion non of them can be used in any other purpose just hanging on walls.It would be great news if any company start to make Rambo knives in premium quality construction plus fit and finish for affordable price,same apply to Predator machete...

Last edited:
On the bad guy side, for knives that you can actually buy, the Buck General I think was (in the Friday the 13th series) Jason's favourite, and is even reproduced in giant form on several posters of the movie serie.

Friday-the-13th-Part-8-jason-voorhees-23039108-1280-1024.jpg

158854125_f770be.jpg

Friday-the-13th-The-Final-Chapter-poster.jpg

In recognition for its -I guess- iconic stature, the Buck General is almost the only knife, massively used, by "Ghostface" in the whole Scream series...: Interestingly, the clip of the blade often appears to be slighly re-ground to exaggerate its curvature, for a meaner look it seems:

latest

That same Buck General was heavily put forward visually in the Jeff Bridge/Glen Close movie "Jagged Edge", and AGAIN its clip was modified, with nicely done -if of dubious use- serrations ground into the clip... The serrations are a major point of the movie, to the point of being in the title...

jagged_edge.jpg

Iconic flagship knife of two movie series -I even remember seeing it in innumerable other horror movie posters-, often in large view on the poster, and title subject in a third movie, the Buck General has got to be the most underrated movie knife of all time...

Gaston

Seem to be decent knife

Back