Everyone's latest acquisitions!

I had a strange, small, temporary acquisition when FRWK accidentally sent me a Mini-DCPT instead of what I actually ordered. I wish I had been smart enough to take my own pictures before I sent it back. Here's some pics I stole from the internet.

8640.970.JPG

8648.970.JPG

Did I mention how strange and small it is?

Got this yesterday, about 2 hours after my Keen showed up. Didn’t get a chance to show it off, so here’s the best way. The action and overall package is absurd. I’m a huge fan of the Reate produced Liong Mah Eraser, and this feels equal to the full ti version.

The brand new Three Rivers Atlas slipjoint and my old favorite, the Three Rivers Nomad for comparison

The brand new Three Rivers Atlas slipjoint and my old favorite, the Three Rivers Nomad for comparison

The new Atlas looks like it has a thinner blade than the Nomad. Is it a better slicer? I have a Nomad also and wish it would slice better. I find myself reaching for my Dragonfly more often because of this.

The new Atlas looks like it has a thinner blade than the Nomad. Is it a better slicer? I have a Nomad also and wish it would slice better. I find myself reaching for my Dragonfly more often because of this.
Yes, the blade is thinner and smoother, the whole knife feels slimmer and lighter. The exposed frame gives the Nomad in my opinion something more special, a higher end look. But the Atlas is also very well made, just a more utilitarian knife.

Got this yesterday, about 2 hours after my Keen showed up. Didn’t get a chance to show it off, so here’s the best way. The action and overall package is absurd. I’m a huge fan of the Reate produced Liong Mah Eraser, and this feels equal to the full ti version.

Totally agree. Probably one of my favorite knives this year. I need to get a backup.

Buck Yellow jacket

In my experiences, (knives aside), Buck has been phenomenal for the most part with their sheaths for a production company, and that sheath looks fantastic as well!!!

Knife looks great too.

Last edited:
Totally agree. Probably one of my favorite knives this year. I need to get a backup.

Handling that and the Keen, with my Wayfarer 247 in pocket, I feel like I did when I got my 0562. Peaceful. Not craving new buys. I have a $100 gift certificate for BHQ, and am perfectly happy to save it. Last time I felt like this, I didn’t buy another knife for 2-3 years.

Doing One Knife November might be contributing. I’m thoroughly enjoying the bonding experience, and looking at going back to committing to a single knife for my work week each week on a rotation. Maybe even one knife for my work day user all month, mixing it up for relief on days off. Did that for 2-3 years with the 0562, and I like my current collection far more than the total of what I had then.

Picked up today. I haven't held a 640 before so I wasn't aware of how nice this knife feels. It's a 124, clip point in 440c, nickel guard and pommel. Heavy knife. The 110 drop point has similiar colors in the scales so I took some pics together. I've wanted one since they came out. Cool story of the knife and how it came to be on the last picture. USA made sheath as well.

I hadn't bought a knife in over two months, but broke down for my birthday this past week and ordered this Cheburkov Strisch from Germany. My earlier Cheburkov Scout came regular DeutschePost and took 10 days or so to arrive. This one shipped DP Priority Wednesday, is already in the next state, and I expect I'll have it Monday. Leeched dealer pic for now....

ZxupleK.jpg

How are these knives? I've been interested in picking one up.

How are these knives? I've been interested in picking one up.
The short story is I like mine quite a bit. Here's a link to a post I made comparing it to my NorthArm Skaha.

This is my second Cheburkov--the Scout 95 mm frame lock flipper being my first. I'm big into Shiros, and the quality of these other Russian knives is comparable. Bang for the buck is good at 50-70% of the cost for models in similar size ranges, if bought from the authorized dealer. Cheburkov has a broad range of models overall and the Strisch comes in both 95 mm and 85 mm bladed versions with several variants in handle configurations and blade steels. Mine is the smaller size.

My preference leans toward larger knives in the 3 5/8" and up range, at least as much for better grip (both handle length and shape) as for blade shape. Anything in the range of this Strisch--3.25-3.375ish--is, to me, a small knife, but you might consider this light CF version to be at the upper size end of "gentleman's folder" while others might consider the size to be perfect for EDC. This one would be perfect for an office environment or in slacks as it's wicked light and disappears in pocket. The Strisch runs on PB washers and is very smooth, though mine took a bit of lube and breaking in to get there. The Vanadis 8 blade came stupidly sharp.

This one is a keeper, I think, though I don't have that much occasion to carry it. Here It is next to my NeOn UltraLite.

ianFq1r.jpg

7HrOotx.jpg

BTW, not too off-topic here, as, believe it or not, I haven't bought a knife since September, so my Strisch is still my latest acquisition. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back