Favorite Brand?

Nephron44

Gold Member
If you could only choose one brand of knife for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why? What's your favorite knife from that brand?

Mine would be Benchmade because of the vast selection of knives that serve different purposes and the outstanding customer support. My favorite knife from Benchmade 3550 with serrated black blade.

can't. no one brand makes everything i need or want.

Spyderco. No question.

I have and have had plenty of knives from other makers, but Spyderco is certainly top of the pile.

They make knives to be used and I like using them. Currently, my favorite is the Delica. The military and Manix 2 LW would be tied for a very close second.

For me its spyderco or emerson. Im leaning more toward emerson. The horeseman might be my all time favorite folder. Spyderco is almost even. I love the military and endura too.

I'll say Spyderco as well. Everything I have got from them has been well constructed and a good value IMO. And with their vast lineup I can find the right knife for any of my needs. My favorite edc is a SE Salt Pacific.

Spyderco. For me, they make the best knives, and they have some of the best people. No other knife company like them.

Chris Reeve, without a doubt.
Never gotten one in with a single problem.

Which model ? Sebenza. It would be one of my plain Regulars, Classic Micarta's, Wilson Combat 21's, or maybe my small plain Insingo. Never can decide which I like the best. If I HAD to pick only one it would be my Large BG-42 Regular.

Spyderco would be second. I especially like the Para 2 and Military, and all the steels Spyderco offers. But they have no design as good as the Sebenza(IMO), but no one else does either(IMO).
The QC is the thing I don't like about Spyderco, and most brands other than CRK. Love Spyderco's, but about one out of three or four usually has a sticky lock, rough opening, or something going on. I've only got a few of their Taiwan models, and none of those had a problem.

My needs are modest and experience with various brands limited, but among those I have experienced, Buck (USA made) and Spyderco (USA, Seki) are the ones I trust most. Of multi-tools, Victorinox and Leatherman are my top picks. This is not to say that I haven't been satisfied with other makes, but I have several samples each of the above-mentioned, and they are all well designed and made, perform as they should and hold up to use. I couldn't commit to one favorite, though.

Last edited:
Wow what a hard question!
It's like a tie between Spyderco, CRK, and Hinderer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If by "favorite" it means the most used, then KAI's Shun for me and followed by SAK. In the folding knife world, I like Spyderco, ZT, and Benchmade in no particular order. Can't say which one is better or my most favorite.

Spyderco... by quite a bit...

I have many from other companies... but Spyderco always bites the biggest chunk out of my wallet month after month, year after year... (not complaining... just stating the facts)

I'd probably go with KAI. Between Kershaw and ZT, I'd be able to find what I wanted/needed. Spyderco would be a very close second.

My favorite brand is Buck, but they don't make everything I need. I could still edc my neck knives as unmake them myself and I don't carry my leatherman for the knife so I could still edc it to, but
The problem comes when I want a carbon steel blade ( I don't think any of the old camillus made buck slipjoints came in carbon steel )
It would be cool if I could stick with one brand for the rest of my life, but it's not exactly viable.

Benchmade. Hands down. 3 of the 4 folders I own are BM. Love the axis lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back