1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Favorite Brand?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Nephron44, Aug 16, 2016.

1. hossgray23

hossgray23

Feb 2, 2016
    Benchmade... All day, every day. Not just because I love their knives, and extremely versatile selection, but, their customer-service is incredible. Also, I've beat my AFO 2 to death and (aside from broken pocket clips) have had no problems. I've been drooling over the bushcrafter for a while now, but still haven't pulled the trigger.

2. ryanh121

ryanh121

Nov 3, 2009
    Spyderco by a mile.

3. onojoe

onojoe Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I keep going back to benchmade. Spyderco a close second, but the spydie hole on a lot of blades make them too wide in the pocket

4. Sigsog226

Sigsog226 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2013
    spyderco is still my all round favorite, pm2 being my favorite folder. Zt would be a close second with the zt0452cf

5. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Spyderco is my favorite but not in love with there newer models .

6. JDX

JDX

Mar 2, 2014
    Spyderco with zero tolerance being a close second

7. Dean Crail

Dean Crail

Nov 25, 2013
    Microtech for me, they make everything from super lightweight OTF's for carry to big ass fixed bladed like the Interceptor.

8. Etna

Etna

Jun 17, 2015
    Sanrenmu, Schrade and S&W are all tied for first place.

9. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Victorinox. Hands down.

10. metsfan

metsfan Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Zero Tolerance followed closely by Kershaw.

11. bdmicarta

bdmicarta

Feb 16, 2012
    I like my Benchmade knives but I would choose Spyderco.

12. marsturm

marsturm Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2008
    I always have a Leatherman Wave in a belt pouch. If I could have that plus a knife, it would be my Smith & Sons Mudbug(made by GEC). If just one knife and no multi-tool, I'd select my SAK one-handed Trekker with non-serrated blade.

13. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Fixed blade - Big Chris
    Folder - Sebenza 25
    Why, they work for me

14. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    KAI.

That means Kershaw, Zero Tolerance and Shun.

Thanks and good night.

best

mqqn

15. sph801

sph801

Jul 8, 2016
    This is a tough one. There's so many great knives out there but for me it would be tough to decide between William Henry, Chris Reeves, Benchmade or Al Mar. Not a huge fan of Spyderco's designs especially their all plastic handle knives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    SAK,CASE, USA Old Timer, CRTK BUCK Coast.

17. dw32005

dw32005

May 4, 2016
    Would have to go BM too. Love the axis lock and the choices available, have never tried their fixed blade offerings though.

18. SV-97

SV-97

Aug 18, 2016
    Just for Fun, carry and light duty stuff: Spyderco, without a doubt but for pure heavy duty users I'd have to go FKMD since I don't like spydercos fixed blades and FKMDs Scream quality. There's also Böker and DPx floating around somewhere in this lineup
    Favorite knife is hard to pinpoint; lets say PITS, Southard, FKMD FX-121 or Urban Lightweight

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

19. 416isToronto

416isToronto Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2013
    CRK...

Their product line covers most knife requirements...now if the Impofu would have been regular production, the large fixed blade would be covered too...

Great customer service...although my experience it limited to calling in with a few questions...

20. peterbright

peterbright

Jul 29, 2016
    I like nice things! Nice guitars, nice amps, nice cameras, nice lenses, nice bows, nice arrows, nice guns, nice everything. When the knife bug bit me, I devised a strategy...buy several (4 or more) of multiple brands to see which features I liked or didn't like. Those brands were Spyderco, Benchmade, Kershaw, CRKT and Zero Tolerance. My basic theory was I could sell those I didn't care that much for. I found knives from all of these to be much better than I expected and very useful. My favorites are flippers that are light.. I like them better than I would have thought. Not every one of them but most. Then I decided on a size...actually two sizes...one for the front pocket and one for the back. I carried each of them for a while and came to the conclusion that the front pocket knife...cutting boxes, opening mail and packages came down to "who cares"... if it works, it is fine. For looks a small CRK Sebenza will probably some day be bought. It is quadruple overkill but I can afford it. A really fancy one would be nice. If I sell all my smaller folders, I can buy two or three from the sale proceeds. If CRK made a small flipper, I would be in heaven for at least 15 minutes. The back pocket knife I like the best is a flipper, light, not too wide. and one that doesn't feel like I'm sitting on an anvil. To date the ZT 0452CF anodized blue is the reigning king. The medium sized folders are fine (for other people) and carried as a front pocket knife is overkill but works. Back in the day when I was SCUBA diving, skydiving, piloting multi-engine aircraft and hunting/butchering hogs and deer, my answers would be different. My final answer is: Zero Tolerance but is always subject to change...please consult with my ex-wives for further details.