Ffg bk17 passaround! UPDATE!! New knife made to continue passaround!

Do you still have my addy K9? Or do I need to resend it?

It's here somewhere but I can't seem to find it. :confused: Go ahead and resend it.

EDIT! Found it. Never mind...
Almost ready to ship it out. I needed to update scales and take photos before it left.

Last edited:
OK...ready to ship!

This is how HYBRID is going out. I've swapped out scales and included an extra set. The ones shown are my epoxy scales with glow-in-the-dark powder added, and they are also the width of normal scales that are running approximatly .040" spacers added to each side, so they are a GITD handful! Hardware = 8-32 X 5/8" SS.

DSC_0046.jpg

The other set that will be going along for the ride is a stock black Tweener set that's been media blasted for extra grip. In this photo is a stock Zytel scale in the center flanked by both blasted scales. The dullness of the finish is obvious, but it's even more obvious when you have them in your hand. Stock hardware = 8-32 X 1/2" black steel.

DSC_0045.jpg

So long, Kid. Have a good time and don't forget to write! :blue: Try not to hurt Thrillbilly!

Update: All day long I play with knives and nothing. Shipping out this package and I run my index finger across the tape dispenser's tear strip and cut the finger to the bone. Man, did that ever hurt! Did you ever try to open a bandage wrapper with one hand?

Last edited:
Update: All day long I play with knives and nothing. Shipping out this package and I run my index finger across the tape dispenser's tear strip and cut the finger to the bone. Man, did that ever hurt! Did you ever try to open a bandage wrapper with one hand?

Done it. Those tape-cutters are brutal.

I like the looks of those blasted zytels. I will have to see how they feel!

Sweet..I'll keep an eye out on the mail

This is going to be fun. Ever thought about convexing, clipping and making some slabs for the tape dispenser?

I have a a couple of Beckers (BK2, BK14) and am about to purchase a BK16. I found this forum and just joined and stumbled across this thread. What a gorgeous knife. Glad I found this place.

I wouldn't mind checking it out! The only thing is if JWL is on the list it is allready comming to Maine. If he dosn't mind I could meet up with him and check it out if that is cool with you K9. That way I wouldn't need ro take up a spot on the list and someone else could check out your work. If this dosn't work for you I have knives of my own I can beat on. Lol.

Just a thought,

Jeremy

Hey guys, sorry I haven't looked at this thread in a few days.... Either is fine with me, I can either ship it to you, or we can meet up and check it out together. I'd feel kinda strange beating up on someone's customized knife, but I wouldn't mind using it gently for a few things.... If we meet up we'll have to figure out a good time and place, maybe we could meet in the middle (like, say Buckfield or somewhere nearby, I actually get up to Cooper Spring in Buckfield pretty regularly) on a saturday or sunday if one is available. I don't want to keep the knife too long, but yes it'd be very cool to meet up.

Let's stay in touch and we can make specific plans once I have the knife (or at least know it's on its way to me).

Hey guys, sorry I haven't looked at this thread in a few days.... Either is fine with me, I can either ship it to you, or we can meet up and check it out together. I'd feel kinda strange beating up on someone's customized knife, but I wouldn't mind using it gently for a few things.... If we meet up we'll have to figure out a good time and place, maybe we could meet in the middle (like, say Buckfield or somewhere nearby, I actually get up to Cooper Spring in Buckfield pretty regularly) on a saturday or sunday if one is available. I don't want to keep the knife too long, but yes it'd be very cool to meet up.

Let's stay in touch and we can make specific plans once I have the knife (or at least know it's on its way to me).

Sniff. :sorrow: Who would have thought a simple knife mod could bring the world together?

I don't know Buckfield that well but we can figure it out. Not sure about a weekend day since I work weekends. We will have to play it by ear. I am confident we can figureot out.

Jeremy

I don't know Buckfield that well but we can figure it out. Not sure about a weekend day since I work weekends. We will have to play it by ear. I am confident we can figureot out.

No worries.... keep an eye on this thread, I'll post once I have the knife. Buckfield looks to be about halfway between you and me, which is why I thought of it.

WHERE IS IT? I need to calculate to the minute how much longer I will have to wait....

I think thrillbilly has it and he's not been around for a bit. Hopefully he passes this and the brute on soon.

Thrill had it last I heard, but that was at least 10 days ago. JWL is up second, so if he doesn't have it yet then Thrill still has it.

Yep, I definitely don't have it yet. Lots of cool things headed my way, including this BK17 and a BK15 from MoosezBladez that I bought.... I can def relate to that pic above from Inglourious Basterds.... LOL

Yep, I definitely don't have it yet. Lots of cool things headed my way, including this BK17 and a BK15 from MoosezBladez that I bought.... I can def relate to that pic above from Inglourious Basterds.... LOL

JWL: Tried to send you a return PM, and got an error message back saying your inbox was full.

Yep, sorry. It only lets you have 5 messages stored at any given time.... including the ones in all folders, including Sent. Should be cleared out now. Until it isn't again. LOL

Back