Fiddleback Secret Santa

Ok, a big ol' box just showed up. I started to open it - took a knife to it and had just started - and then realized it might be from Santa! Or something I don't remember ordering. Could be a part for my Bronco. But I just don't know.

Now it's under the tree.

Driving me nuts.

To quote Tony, cuz I like the way he said that, " a big ol' box just showed up", kinda heavy too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To quote Tony, cuz I like the way he said that, " a big ol' box just showed up", kinda heavy too!

I got a mystery box also. However, I also got my kids some army surplus snow shoes from Sportsman's guide and the boxes are huge but very light. It's driving them nuts not knowing what's inside. I keep telling them it's Air Guitars. Can't wait to see the WTF look on their faces come Christmas Morning when they pull out some old cold war relic magnesium snow shoes. Watching them try to shoe in 2 inches of snow will be priceless!

This is gonna be fun!

No Bob, it is not my Ladyfinger.

I have determined that the box that arrived here is definitely from my Secret Santa. Now...the anticipation. The wait.

Just picked up a Secret Santa box from the mail! No questions about who it's from though. :D Under the tree it goes!

23, it's the new 25.

Who's with me?

bag.gif~original

I am SO opening mine at midnight on Saturday.

Unless I fall asleep or something.

My Santa's box has a slight clinkle-jingle to it. Sure hope it's supposed to! :D

(Great fun, y'all. Thanks, Justen, and everyone who's joined in. :thumbup:)

~ P.

23, it's the new 25.

Who's with me?

~ P.

Sounds good to me!

The outside of my box said to open before Christmas, I tried to hold out but just caved. And am I glad that I caved, YUM!! A taste of home (Pennsylvania). I shared a (yes, one each, only lol) pretzel with each member of the family and they were stunned how tastey, light and full of air the pretzels are. You just can't get good pretzels in Texas it seems .. or cheese steaks or Italian food for that matter. :D Besides the Tom Sturgis pretzels, the chocolate is an amazing compliment to them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I am thrilled with just the pretzels and chocolate but it looks like I still have two that are wrapped to save for Christmas.

Not sure if we're supposed to divulge anything at this point but thanks Sarah!! Merry Christmas!!
FFSS20161-vi.jpg

Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas to me since my wireless router died yesterday so I upgraded it to a heavy duty one and BOOM! My speeds went from 9 upload / 145 download to ...
WoohooSpeed-vi.jpg

The outside of my box said to open before Christmas, I tried to hold out but just caved.

I wrote that on the box because I was concerned about the edibles, and their potential fate otherwise (unfortunate things can happen to chocolate if left near heat or out in the cold too long, for example). :)

And am I glad that I caved, YUM!! A taste of home (Pennsylvania). I shared a (yes, one each, only lol) pretzel with each member of the family and they were stunned how tastey, light and full of air the pretzels are. You just can't get good pretzels in Texas it seems .. or cheese steaks or Italian food for that matter. :D Besides the Tom Sturgis pretzels, the chocolate is an amazing compliment to them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Aw, you're welcome. :eek: I'm glad the tasties hit the spot. :) One Little Ones pretzel each?! That's really funny. Both items are very local. Wilbur Chocolate had a factory here in town until just last year; the factory was closed down (a very sad day, for many reason), but a lot of the chocolate was already being made elsewhere in the region. Sturgis pretzels started here, claiming to have established the first pretzel bakery in the Colonies. Both companies maintain a presence here.

I didn't like pretzels until I came to college here in PA, when I encountered Little Ones and other great choices. When I returned to NY and went food shopping, I was baffled: "Where is the pretzel aisle?!"

I then realized how fortunate I am, pretzel-wise. We do have pretzel aisles, unlike most other regions/states where one might find a small section of shellacked Rold Gold offerings mixed in with the potato chips, at best. ;)

I am thrilled with just the pretzels and chocolate but it looks like I still have two that are wrapped to save for Christmas.

I'm glad, and: Yup!

Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas to me since my wireless router died yesterday so I upgraded it to a heavy duty one and BOOM! My speeds went from 9 upload / 145 download to ...
WoohooSpeed-vi.jpg

Whoa. I doubled my plan's speed yesterday (and added an additional 100 gb bandwidth), to, wait for it: 12.88 mps download, 1.07 upload.

No wonder I can't swim with the sharks! :D

Not sure if we're supposed to divulge anything at this point but thanks Sarah!!

You're welcome. Hopefully, I did okay-ly with the other pressies as well. :)

If I'd been drawn for anyone who said "anything outdoors," I would have sent a squirrel, so I think we're all coming out ahead, here. :D

~ P.

Ok, let's be clear.

I have 2.8 mps download speed. On my best day! My average is 2.4 or so. If anyone has anything connected to wi-fi or internet anywhere near me, forget about it.
Upload is usually well below 1.0 mbps.

I can't even imagine a 214.01 mbps speed. Remember Jerry, with great power comes great responsibility. Spiderman said so!

Ok, let's be clear.

I have 2.8 mps download speed. On my best day! My average is 2.4 or so. If anyone has anything connected to wi-fi or internet anywhere near me, forget about it.
Upload is usually well below 1.0 mbps.

I can't even imagine a 214.01 mbps speed. Remember Jerry, with great power comes great responsibility. Spiderman said so!

Ummm, I believe it was Uncle Ben. The sentiment still stands, however. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya'll think I'm kidding when I say that I make the kids turn their phones off, the tv is shut down, and I turn the lights off in the house before a sale thread opens.

Yes, I know the lights have nothing to do with it! I'll be you're going to argue that neither do the small animal sacrifices, sacred fires, burning sage, and ceremonial chanting!

I'm not listening to any of you!

Ya'll think I'm kidding when I say that I make the kids turn their phones off, the tv is shut down, and I turn the lights off in the house before a sale thread opens.

Yes, I know the lights have nothing to do with it! I'll be you're going to argue that neither do the small animal sacrifices, sacred fires, burning sage, and ceremonial chanting!

I'm not listening to any of you!

I'm about laughing out of my chair Tony. Even with my connection, I still power off my work laptop and put the cell phone in airplane mode. I should consider those lights come to think of it. :D

Back