Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

Side note on ‘yotes: nothing wants to eat them. The buzzards picked at it, but left 80-90%.

A deer gut pile is gone in a matter of hours. I’ve had coyotes dig up a deer carcass and drag the entire thing away, hide and all. Nothing want to eat these dogs.

Side note on ‘yotes: nothing wants to eat them. The buzzards picked at it, but left 80-90%.

A deer gut pile is gone in a matter of hours. I’ve had coyotes dig up a deer carcass and drag the entire thing away, hide and all. Nothing want to eat these dogs.
That seems to be the case with canines in general. When I see coyotes, fox or even domestic dogs hit on the road, they rarely garner any attention from any of the scavengers.

I used to be very live-and-let-live. We had a mouse in our townhouse when my brother and I were going to school in Raleigh. It was the first time I'd ever had a mouse in the house. At first I thought, oh it's so cute. Then the turds and piss everywhere etc. and I learned why people kill them. We had coyotes in our back yard when we moved to Mooresville. I thought, oh how cute! Then they ate my cat. I like squirrels, who doesn't they're so cute! They got into the attic of the shop and chewed the wires bare and could have burned us down. That's okay I can cut some limbs back and squirrel proof things and that shouldn't be a problem after I re-ran a bunch of wire. Then they ruined my new trash cans (good ones, Toter). And chewed up the deck. But then they found my old Ford 7.3 turbodiesel and chewed up the plastic under the hood, and wires and now there's acorns stowed in my hood that rattle around when I drive down the road and I've had enough of that bullshit. I shot a bunch of them those first few days and now I don't see them much anymore. I'm sure they'll be back, but it's good to get in some regular target practice.

There's a lot less squirrel turds on the deck table now.

I used to be very live-and-let-live. We had a mouse in our townhouse when my brother and I were going to school in Raleigh. It was the first time I'd ever had a mouse in the house. At first I thought, oh it's so cute. Then the turds and piss everywhere etc. and I learned why people kill them. We had coyotes in our back yard when we moved to Mooresville. I thought, oh how cute! Then they ate my cat. I like squirrels, who doesn't they're so cute! They got into the attic of the shop and chewed the wires bare and could have burned us down. That's okay I can cut some limbs back and squirrel proof things and that shouldn't be a problem after I re-ran a bunch of wire. Then they ruined my new trash cans (good ones, Toter). And chewed up the deck. But then they found my old Ford 7.3 turbodiesel and chewed up the plastic under the hood, and wires and now there's acorns stowed in my hood that rattle around when I drive down the road and I've had enough of that bullshit. I shot a bunch of them those first few days and now I don't see them much anymore. I'm sure they'll be back, but it's good to get in some regular target practice.

Yup. I’ve seen even anti-gun/ anti-hunting folks change their tune when $ is on the line.

And then there’s Korea. My father in law rescued pups off the locals bikes there. Ack
Parents took us on a trip to Taiwan when I was a kid. Went to a night market. "Oooo... puppies!". "Those aren't being sold as/for pets". 😲🥴😫

On the long flight to Taiwan, I wound up seated next to a 40-something year old Korean man, who proceeded to explain in detail, how they raised, prepared and cooked dogs. It didn't occur to me that it happened outside Korea too, until we were at that market.

Just got done boning out a 50 pound Buck, after all the junk is taken to the burn pile.

Unfortunately my streak of one shot one kill ended today. Had to shoot twice. Reloading a muzzleloader after an adrenaline dump should be an Olympic sport.
Don't Panic.
F5
F5
Click Link
Scroll Down
Click in post area
Mash keys.
Click "Post Reply" button

We've lived here for over 20 years now and up until 3 or 4 years ago the rodents weren't a problem. :mad:
Squirrels…my old neighbor killed squirrels in his yard once or twice a week…for the entire 7 years he was my neighbor. We’re talking a 1 acre lot with a lake on one side. So a 3-sided 1 acre lot. He never ran out of squirrels!!

I told him it was like the weather: he was creating a low-pressure system and they just kept coming in. Like zombies.

Leave it to Nathan to hit the proverbial nail on the head

Just got done boning out a 50 pound Buck, after all the junk is taken to the burn pile.

Unfortunately my streak of one shot one kill ended today. Had to shoot twice. Reloading a muzzleloader after an adrenaline dump should be an Olympic sport.

Congrats!

I shot this nice coyote while still-hunting last deer season. It must have thought I was a meal and came running right in to me, it shows what going slow enough can produce. A muzzleloader to boot.
FgnaLn0.jpg

xV2koi8.jpg

On Thursday I was still-hunting along a rub line in a thicker drainage and had a great buck come cruising in right behind me. By the time I got positioned he picked out a little movement and we had a standoff. He slowly turned and took a few steps, I drew, he took a couple more and as soon as I hit the release he bolted off, allowing my arrow to sail just passed his ass and into this half rotted, frozen log.

Good thing I had a knife.

n6Wvy7y.jpg

boCNCdG.jpg

Back