Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

Just got home from hunting up in Colorado, what beautiful country up there and thin air haha. I got drawn for private land deer and cow elk then I bought an over the counter bear tag. Unfortunately the weather wasn’t in our favor and we had 60% + moon every night but three of us got lucky, very little fresh sign of elk and one bear roaming around but couldn’t catch him out and about.

Since I had a private land tag it was either sex so I held out as long as possible but ended up getting a doe Thursday evening. I gutted and skinned her out with my DEK1.

FclJvlE.jpg

9wZOuv5.jpg

VOjsm61.jpg

Had to bring the Medium Chopper just in case

qlhiX2n.jpg

Also had to throw in a pic of my truck

f2MTakR.jpg
Nice truck!

I went to visit a cousin yesterday who’s on 130 acre Quality Deer Managed property (oof! It was nice!). He hunted with my grandfather a lot back in the day.

When my cousin heard I had moved back to SC, he said he had an old rack from a deer my grandfather had killed. I have a box of antlers from my grandfather, and none of them are what you’d call trophy class by any means. He hunted for the joy of hunting and for meat. Didn’t matter to him what was on the head.

So all that to say I was pretty blown away when he handed this rack to me. Stunned and stoked and moved to hold these things many, many years later never having known they even existed. He killed it on the property of a historic church I grew up attending

To cap it off, I got home late, climbed up in my stand for the last 15 min of daylight, sat 10 min and dropped a doe in her tracks. Good day.

Swagged at 125-130”. Solid rack for this area.
AQb874Ql.jpg

irqIXFul.jpg

Figured this thread needed a new year bump! I went out looking for antlers over the weekend and came home empty, except for this bear skull I stumbled upon. I’ll wait till it warms up this spring to boil it and clean it up.

Looking at the teeth up close is pretty neat! It’s not a very big bear but it’s still a cool find.

05u1KYJ.jpg

8mtoAoV.jpg
zY8uU7I.jpg

Figured this thread needed a new year bump! I went out looking for antlers over the weekend and came home empty, except for this bear skull I stumbled upon. I’ll wait till it warms up this spring to boil it and clean it up.

Looking at the teeth up close is pretty neat! It’s not a very big bear but it’s still a cool find.

05u1KYJ.jpg

8mtoAoV.jpg
zY8uU7I.jpg

Very cool! I’ve been meaning to hunt for some sheds myself.

I found one of my coyote skulls from November recently. Got a free cleaning.

DlYfZL9l.jpg

Yesterday we saw a pride of 14 lions. They sleep most of the day, but they had strung themselves along the savannah for about 1/2 mile putting 1 or 2 every few hundred yards. This way they sleep, but still funnel any game toward the last few lions (and cubs). Even sleeping they are still hunting!

Also, they do climb trees.
IMG_20220325_170154155_HDR_resize_61.jpgIMG_20220325_165027715_resize_30.jpgIMG_20220325_164129074_resize_59.jpgIMG_20220325_165801363_HDR_resize_62.jpgIMG_20220325_171812599_HDR_resize_97.jpgIMG_20220325_172824951_HDR_resize_74.jpg

Holy shit, I was finally able to recover my account since they did the server change….anyhow went back up to OK a couple weeks ago and slayed some hogs. I acquired a thermal scope and mounted it on an AR-15 and was able to put some bodies on it.
LBooSKl.jpg

ZTDKdOz.jpg

aZMBT4K.jpg

Here’s a pic of my night rig, currently have a Sandman L in NFA jail but should make a nice combo once completed.

RzQY1ei.jpg

Back