Fishing rods...huh?

I'd go with the new zillion for the price and it's got sv. Adding an sv spool to a used steez will still total more than the zillion new. You can always add bearings as well

True. I could get the new non TWS steeze for 360.00 or the jdm zillion for 250.00. I know the steeze is freaking awesome but I am thinking the only reason for price hike is the mag frame which dosent matter to me

I'd go with the new zillion for the price and it's got sv. Adding an sv spool to a used steez will still total more than the zillion new. You can always add bearings as well

This is probably the most cost sensible option. But I thought Nick wanted all in with that EMTF lol

Haha...I am set on the PP for my type of fishing and am still looking at all possibilities. I was thinking the steeze because this is my all out rod and reel combo to see what all the hype is about, probably will never buy another this expensive but was wanting to experience a REALLY good setup with still having a cost effective mindset (my money tree out back died last year...lol)

Btw...does anyone else know when the 16 sv tw steeze are coming out and what the price would be on them.
I kinda look at it this way, a rod will probably eventually brake, a reel will last thought a LOT more rods and can stay with you 10 to 15 plus years, so why not get one of the best ones out (if I can afford it)
Edit...I see the prices now, 500.00 with a msrp of 535.00. With my tw discount that would be 482.00, the reel alone would be almost as much as the zillion and PP rod togather...ouch!!
Although I can get the older model sv steez for 360.00, hmmm...looks like the difference between the steez and PP and zillion and PP would be about a 100$ difference. What do you think?

Also, how do the steez xt rods compare to the MB PP

Last edited:
I would still go zillion tws sv. The steez will be possibly the best reel ever made with tws and sv but you will be at over 800 for the combo. Once you get the pp and zsv I almost bet you will be lookin for excuses to buy the steez and a x7 lol.

Yea, there maybe be a lot of excuses but having the money will not be one of them...lol

I am kinda set on the z sv tw mostly for the price and do plan on get the knob bearing set as well for a little more smoothness. I can always get just the steez reel after a year or so when price hopefully comes down a little(they may never though) and put it on the PP later

You could probably get one used I'm sure for pretty good price. I think the zillion and perfect pitch will be great for you. I have a zillion tws on my perfect pitch and absolutely love the combo

Sweet!!!!....just sold the knife...wooohooo...TW here I come...lol
I am right in thinking that one of you guys back in the post said TW is having a sale April 15 right?

This is just sad and I blame you megabass7, I am already having ideas about a steeze sv tw and a emtf...haha

Lol good luck deciding...post pics when you get your new combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry lol. Tell your wife I'm sorry also for talkin you into getting expensive things besides knives haha. Really wanna hear how you like the perfect pitch and the zillion. I love the xx line and I'm sure you will too once you use it

Ha....you had nothing to do with me and expensive taste...ask my wife, she hates it, I have had this disease since I was about 12 and my first 140$ BM knife...lol

Went fishing today and this is about all that happened besides one measly little old bass
20160409_113522_zpswyznl7ls.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yup, fell off the boat. I was standing on the edge and a wave hit and ker plunk

You notice my shoulders and above aren't wet even though it was 9ft of water...cat like reflexes...lol. I was already turning around mid air and grabbed the boat as I was falling...lol

My buddy had to hold his laughter till I started laughing and the water temp was about 65. The worst part was I had my ZT 560, Galaxy s6 active, wallet, keys and vape mod on me at the time but all turned out to still work!!

The rod will be here monday. I had to wait to buy the reel, I bought a 20$ left hand baitcast off eBay to see if I could switch, not gonna happen, carpal tunnel in my right hand won't let me, so now that I know that, I will be ordering the reel this week

Wait till that reel is the rod and it will feel like it was ment to be. Hope ya like the perfect pitch as much as I do. Today I was throwing 3/8 rage blade and no trailer with it into 25mph wind and I was still hitting 40 yards and no backlash. I normally wouldnt throw that with this rod but I only had the one with me

Back