Fixed Blade Dilemma?

Look. Since you can't decide just post your credit card number and will pick and have it sent your way. Sound like a plan?:D:po_O

If you buy one of the less expensive knives and have some cash left over. I recommend a custom sheath instead of a second knife. If you plan on carrying it a nice sheath makes a big difference.

This is a good idea. I also recommend talking with Makael Makael who's already posted in this thread is is active in the buck forums. Great guy, great work. Sometimes he snags a few decent knives from the buck factory too.

That kalinga is nice looking. I always find myself attracted to it but have no use for something with so much belly anymore, and I tend to poke myself with high points so I avoid them for users. They look so good though...

The 118 can be found in D2 if you like that steel but consider the 'Spur' a LE from 2016 for a small classy fixed blade. Over all slightly longer than a 112 but with more blade..

What about a Buck Selkirk? A bit smaller than the 119 and more modern looking, but a great knife and around $60.

The 102 is small with a much thinner blade than the 119 and I wouldn’t use a 103 for anything other than hunting/processing game.

For the sheer joy of ownership it’s hard to beat a Buck 124 - I love to handle that model although I have no real world use for it - its the biggest knife I own and in my opinion the very best of production Bowie style knives made by any manufacturer. As for outdoors use, I’ve worked my way through many of Buck’s offerings in the 100 series and will choose a Buck 118 over any other model for skinning, cleaning, cutting up deer size game. I’ll take the Buck 102 for ducks and pheasant, and the Buck 105 for all around general outdoors use. You will have to use them to determine what you think and how much you like each model. But a Buck 124 just evokes something deep in my American Heritage for me. OH

So many choices and all great ideas. I do have the Small Selkirk folder. Will have to look into the fixed model but really trying to stick (pun intended) with knives made in the USA.

Old Hunter guess we were typing at the same time? I will be getting the 124 for my birthday as i dont hunt but do want a full tang beast to as you infer enjoy the pride of just owning a damn awesome bowie knife.

IMO, The S30V Akonua is one of the best knife values around at 129.00. You might check that one out. Kinda like a heavy duty 118.

Pete, who unbelievably wishes it would stop raining here in Texas... feast or famine for sure.

Have you thought about the 101, aka the fixed blade 110? Very nice knife and in the middle as far as size.

Based on my experience with my new drop point 110, I would agree with this. IMO, it's easy to make a drop point that just misses the mark and I think Buck absolutely nailed the blade shape with this drop point.

I could easily see using a drop point 101 for a general purpose wood knife. Now, if I can just find one with a flat grind...

Must be on another thread but though I’m leaning to the point of no return on the 124 the big 913? 7 1/4 inch bowie ( i think) has caught my eye.
The reveiws on it are mixed mainly the handle being to small,but i like the look.
Is it considered a custom as I’m not willing to pay full price that would definitely nix the 913. I like budget knives and the only exotic knives i have puchased is the Kalinga pro and Kalinga pro folder.

Back