Folding Bushcraft Knife that is usable/comfortable - by Daniel Koster

Can a folding bushcraft knife compete with the fixed blade version?

• I'm intrigued

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm skeptical

• I'm against it

• Sign me up!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll think about it. In the meantime, let me know how/where/what you want. It's going to cost me an extra $100 for the stenciling. But you guys don't have to cover that. It's all or nothing...everybody or nobody. FWIW

lightleak - if you're on the pre-order list you should have received an email from me yesterday. Did you get it?
Dan

Hey Dan, no I didn't get any Email, sadness. I thought I was fast enough by sending you an Email saying I really want to get onto the list only hours after the very first announcement in the secret Email link weeks before this thread had even started. You also confirmed that but by the looks things have changed and many others were faster than I was. That's life!

Best regards,

lightleak

lightleak - I don't see your email in my pre-order list. ???
Go ahead and submit it here: http://kosterknives.com/pre-order/
I have to do things this way to make it equitable as well as to ensure that I have good communication with those that are interested.
Thanks for understanding!
Dan

I messed up the time difference. Clicked the link an hour late, and no chance by that point. Oh well, next run. I assume those originally on the pre-order list will still be notified for the next batch.

Yep - same list. Very likely more folks will have signed up, making the list larger, but yes, everyone gets a fair shot on the next run.

My hand is up for an orange G-10 handle version. :)

I think this needs a little tweek. :)

From the first post
"3 - this knife is not intended for all bushcraft use except heavy batoning or spine-whacking"

I' m intrigued. Although ANY folding knife, no matter the maker or design, will have the problem of dirt and grit and junk getting into the mechanism. Otherwise, there are a large number of strong single blade folding knives that can serve for bush activities. Beautiful and functional knife, though.

Faiaoga - agreed. That's why the bearing system is so much better than standard washers. It allows for gunk to be pushed out rather than be sandwiched between the washer and blade/liners.

And I agree there are indeed other folding knives that could be used reliably in a bushcraft/survival setting. BUT, how many of them were designed with bushcraft in mind in the first place? And with comfort and high-quality materials its top goals?

Are they done yet!!! Are they done yet!!! Oh Man!!! I cant wait Dan!!! What did you decide on the numbering?

3rd knife from Dan, I learned about patient waiting the first go around. Was grateful for learning that and rewarded with an outstanding product (my 3v bushmaster). So I will chime in from time to time just to keep my head in the game and the dream alive hahaha. I'm telling you I haven't been this excited about a knife in awhile. I think that this is going to become my edc. I will use a Leatherman on crap jobs and this bad boy everywhere else. Woo Hoo baby.

anyone heard anything about updates or such, I thought I could be patient, just wait, keep waiting, just wait, keep waiting. I'm worse than my kid. Still excited, can't wait, must wait, can't wait, must wait.

Looks good ! The weakest part on folders is the pivot pin. To do a light baton just disengage the lock you only put pressure on the blade.
This could be a nice hunter with a little bit more belly.

No updates yet, guys. Trying to finish about 300 orders this month before I get started on these. :eek:

:thumbup:

Dan

This may have been asked before, but is a pocket clip out of the question on these? Not meaning the current ones that you are making Dan, but as an option down the road. Many times I just like to go without a sheath and have it in my pocket, and I really dont like it deep in the pocket so its hard to get ahold of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back