French regional knives...

H Haegar I was only having a laugh about France, not in seriousness ;)
i know this is not knife related, but it has a strong connexion to French culture, regional and urban. Snapped this beauty in a street near me a couple of years back: simple, functional and an iconic car, real genius :cool: As was your VW Beetle :thumbsup:
ye4C4ye.jpg

How did you know that my fist car in 5he 70‘s was a VW Beetle in orange color?;)

Gerd

Âchillepattada

Gold Member
I did not know that our friend Charlie like the Opinel knives,

With this n°8 I've tried to imagine what would look like an old and used Opinel :

50315363258_1d99b51016_c.jpg

The only original part is the handle , the san maï blade and the iron bolster ring has been forged by my friend Davide Steri.

Â

Corto_Malt

Basic Member

With this n°8 I've tried to imagine what would look like an old and used Opinel :

The only original part is the handle , the san maï blade and the iron bolster ring has been forged by my friend Davide Steri.

Â
Nice work by Davide. The blade and the ferrule are superb as well as the treatment of the handle.
A beautiful knife :)

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
QUOTE="Âchillepattada"!! I did not know that our friend Charlie like the Opinel knives,

What an interesting piece of work!! (Reminds me of the "Ancient Barlows") Old is new again!!

Jolipapa

Basic Member
What a Treasure, JP!!:thumbsup:
The rings (nicely done!) may have provided extra grip when cutting meat!
Oh yes it certainly helped a lot, seeing how they are smoothened (and the blade shortened about 1 cm!)! It was also the tradition for soldiers doing their military service to count the remaining time on a wood skittle (la quille) before back to civilian life. The n° 12 Opi was long enough for that! :)

Modoc ED

Gold Member

Â

I really like that knife. If someone told me it was from a farmer's pocket or laborer's toolbox from the early to mid-1800s, I wouldn't question it. Very nice.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC