GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

I don’t know if you’re confusing northwoods with Northfield, but northwoods will never get a barlow on the 77 frame. The 77 barlow is exclusive to mike at CK like the 15 barlow is exclusive to Charlie.
I am disappointed we never got a Northfield barlow this year, but my wallet is happy.
I do hope we end up seeing the clip and coping blade combo next though.

Mike is correct, I was just stating that its odd some were able to get 4 on the list while we couldn't get one 77 Barlow. I realize there is more to it and that Derrick is piggy backing off runs in production while the 77 isn't. Still seems lopsided.

Just sayin.

Mike is correct, I was just stating that its odd some were able to get 4 on the list while we couldn't get one 77 Barlow. I realize there is more to it and that Derrick is piggy backing off runs in production while the 77 isn't. Still seems lopsided.

Just sayin.

Ah hah! I see now. My apologies.

Yeah, I was lucky a knife buddy had to sell this gem because of sad reasons for him, but good ones for me ;-) .
And yeah, is´s really a beauty, well made and absolutely wonderfull designed.
And this brings me into real trouble: shall I use it or just keep it?
Haha. Great question!! Use it but be on the lookout for another keeper.

The 77 Barlow is the right size and is a looker.
$_59.JPG

The bone micarta used on that run was outstanding. I was wishing for one just like that with a pen blade this year. Hopefully soon.

IMO the messed up dye job of what was supposed to be Smooth Autumn Gold was one of the best covers ever put on the 77's . Very nice looking knife Ramrodmb Ramrodmb . Thanks for showing it .

Harry

lol, so true - best smooth autumn gold ever from GEC. I wish they would mess up some of the appaloosa they have been trying...

I wish I had the pile of knives below :)

RCApW4Q.jpg

Orange being my favorite color, a color not very prevalent in traditionals, I must say that is the most gorgeous and alluring honey gold colored smooth bone I ever laid eyes on.

About time for people to get excited about Northfield 77 Barlows again . This thread needed bumping too .

Harry

Wonderful collection, Harry! I'm trying not to get too excited, but that's awfully hard when looking at those beauties.

I’m excited for this next run as it will be my first attempt trying to buy one new.

I know there is 4 different covers but what can we expect for a price range?

Maybe $125 to $175 depending on cover option?

Back