GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

tUjEq45.jpg

I’m excited for this next run as it will be my first attempt trying to buy one new.

I know there is 4 different covers but what can we expect for a price range?

Maybe $125 to $175 depending on cover option?
Maybe if your lucky enough to get picked, otherwise $200-$300 on ebay. Im going to enter the drawing but knowing my luck ill be last on the standby if I even make that list and there will be several people that get picked for multiple cover reservations.

I'm excited, too. I sure hope I'm fortunate enough to get one. Ironwood is calling me :D

This one pictured below is probably my most carried traditional knife. It's like an old friend by now. And the action...to die for. She knows how to walk and talk. :thumbsup:
Fnd8LHP.jpg

This. A sawcut clip blade with a match striker pull is the penultimate traditional for me, right now. I wouldn't pay eBay prices for one so I'll put in for the lottery.

Why doesn't GEC do few hefty runs of these a year? Does a 77 Barlow need to be a SFO for CK?

Yes, CK SFO only. We didn't see any in 2017.

I’m excited for this next run as it will be my first attempt trying to buy one new.

I know there is 4 different covers but what can we expect for a price range?

Maybe $125 to $175 depending on cover option?

Sawcut single blade $97.95 in 2016

Carrying these 2 today . Clip and a Sheepsfoot from 2015

Harry
Show off, why don't you? ;)

I've seen pics of your collection and it's is aces, Harry! I'm hoping I can pick up just one of these in the next CK run. I love my GEC 15 Barlow but a little bigger knife in a clip point will pretty much seal the deal for me as my favorite trad. Not a huge fan of the pen second blade but it's not going to keep me from buying.

~Russell

Show off, why don't you? ;)

I've seen pics of your collection and it's is aces, Harry! I'm hoping I can pick up just one of these in the next CK run. I love my GEC 15 Barlow but a little bigger knife in a clip point will pretty much seal the deal for me as my favorite trad. Not a huge fan of the pen second blade but it's not going to keep me from buying.

~Russell
Thank you for your very kind words Russell and I hope you are able to get one of the next run . They are very nice knives to have and also to carry .

Harry

One of those red sawcut knives would look great in my line up. Thanks Harry , now I got something to hunt for.
h7nOouZ.jpg
Thank you for the credit of being an Enabler . Only too happy to help . Half/Stop Half/Stop also has a Red one that he needs to post again . I really feel that you should go after the Micarta though . Leave the Red ones for us older guys .

Harry

Back