Gec built 2022 Remington Bullet knife

That is the best coloring, love it!!

Mine came today. I only have one other Granddaddy and it's this Buck Missionary. Years ago Chuck Buck donated many knives to missionaries, Buck ground most of the identifying markings off. This GEC Bullet is wonderful, fit and finish, feels good in hand, glad I got one.
K5bYFoU.jpg

Thanks! There’s a lot of variation in the color of the bone. Personally, I like the light and dark - wouldn’t be disappointed with either. Yours has a very nice rich color - it’s fantastic…

Thanks! There’s a lot of variation in the color of the bone. Personally, I like the light and dark - wouldn’t be disappointed with either. Yours has a very nice rich color - it’s fantastic…
I got one dark and one light.
I need to figure out which one to carry now, the light has a pull of 5.5 or so and the darker has a 6+, but the darker one has a little scoring on the cover right in front of the shield.
No complaints for sure, they're both beautiful! It's the choosing that I haven't needed to do since the days of being able to purchase 2 forum knives...
The round is a .35 Rem from my 1956 Marlin 336

Last edited:
I got one dark and one light.
I need to figure out which one to carry now, the light has a pull of 5.5 or so and the darker has a 6+, but the darker one has a little scoring on the cover right in front of the shield.
No complaints for sure, they're both beautiful! It's the choosing that I haven't needed to do since the days of being able to purchase 2 forum knives...
The round is a .35 Rem from my 1956 Marlin 336

View attachment 2083834View attachment 2083835

IF it was my call I’d be pocketing that darker one. 1st world problems😄

Looks like it’s out of stock. I almost had a moment of weakness. Nice photos, everyone.

Received mine today. Middle of the road coloring of the bone. I like it, 5 pull to H/S, 6 to open.
I can catch the tip with the fat of my finger when closed, wish they could set the blade deeper. Overall I give it a 6.5 out of 7.

A comparison shot of the 2023 Bullet with a GEC 77 and a 100 year old Russell EZ open barlow
0zOub3R.jpg

Its very thin in cross section, much thinner than earlier Remingtons like the Navigator, pretty close to the smaller GEC 77-
ai6LTnQ.jpg

For those wondering about the pull, its right on par with the Russell.....

Been experimenting with different large / small combos. Pairing the Remington with a 12 today. Similar bone color…

tYgQDM6.jpg
Call me a weirdo, but between those two, even being a Barlow pattern fan, I'd choose that magnificent toothpick without any hesitation. Hope that they make some more one day. And really hope that they won't make it as a "Beertooth", or "Beerpick", or something.

Back