Gec built 2022 Remington Bullet knife

I‘m in agreement with the others, this is a pretty cool knife and both of mine have good pulls around a 5, one has a better opening snap while the other has a better closing action going past half stop. The one with the slightly darker bone is definitely staying out of the box to get carried, I also like it more because the shield sits slightly proud so you can feel the edge of the bullet and case, it feels nicer and like a real cartridge.

Two 20 ga. boxes for size reference. I’ll also mention that the edges kind of suck on both knives, nothing that the Sharpmaker can’t straighten and even out though. 🍻

cYnPc2T.jpg

Mine arrived just now, a day early. It has a nice pull but doesn't quite "snap" open, it feels kind of sticky between half stop and open positions. I need to clean it out and hopefully the action will get a little better. Not bad though, other than that it's beautiful. I like it! :cool:👍

EDIT: I cleaned it up with mineral oil and now it's much smoother, that's all it needed!

View attachment 2082838

Last edited:
How did you find that out?
I asked someone in the know. Pretty sure that's how it went down. The listed production numbers are accurate production from 2022. More were finished up in January so those would show up in the 2023 totals next year.

Mine arrived today, as well. Very nice! Pull on mine is in the 5/6 zone, which suits this one just fine. I slipped it into my pocket for this afternoon's dog walk, and soon forgot it was there. Compared to a more full-size 5.25" Grand Daddy Barlow, this one is relatively light. It is also quite slim, making it a very comfortable knife for its size. I'm a very happy camper! As a bonus, I'm quite certain that its presence in my pocket will have any Grizzlies keeping their distance. :)

Got mine in this afternoon. 😁
3E52B7A1-788E-4D66-8A96-E9184803E232.jpegB19D5D88-95E2-4977-BC7C-E0843FAF3081.jpeg54562F6D-F225-47F4-9912-2A7000E8ECAC.jpeg
The thing I was a bit surprised by was the bolster length. I was noticing it when I saw sf fanatic sf fanatic ’s comparison shot with the 97, and that’s a long bolster, but not a third of the closed length. So when it get’s in this afternoon, I’ve got my 77 in pocket. Now, not the most accurate picture with the perspective, 77 is in the foreground, the 95s bolster is a bit longer, but not a lot. I guess I expected the bolsters to be longer in proportion with the knife.
E68A1D7B-8E1D-444C-8E8D-08FB6BA7430F.jpeg
Very pleased with the knife. Sawcut is great, a little more pronounced than my BF 86 Barlow. Pull is definitely adequate, say a 5 from closed to half stop, 6 from half to open. If you’ve got to put a shield on a Barlow, sterling silver is a nice touch.

Got mine today. Very impressed. I really like the color variations we are seeing. Mine is more the darker variation. I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Got mine in this afternoon. 😁
View attachment 2083082View attachment 2083084View attachment 2083085
The thing I was a bit surprised by was the bolster length. I was noticing it when I saw sf fanatic sf fanatic ’s comparison shot with the 97, and that’s a long bolster, but not a third of the closed length. So when it get’s in this afternoon, I’ve got my 77 in pocket. Now, not the most accurate picture with the perspective, 77 is in the foreground, the 95s bolster is a bit longer, but not a lot. I guess I expected the bolsters to be longer in proportion with the knife.
View attachment 2083103
Very pleased with the knife. Sawcut is great, a little more pronounced than my BF 86 Barlow. Pull is definitely adequate, say a 5 from closed to half stop, 6 from half to open. If you’ve got to put a shield on a Barlow, sterling silver is a nice touch.
The 1/3 rule on the Bolsters is only for the Standard and smaller Barlows . ALL of the Grandaddy Barlows that I have seen have bolsters that are about what you would see on a Standard sized Barlow . You have a beautiful pair there my friend . Carry them in good health .
Top to Bottom : Russell , Russell Commemorative by Colonial , Colonial , Bower , Case , and Remington

Harry

Last edited:
The 1/3 rule on the Bolsters is only for the Standard and smaller Barlows . ALL of the Grandaddy Barlows that I have seen have bolsters that are about what you would see on a Standard sized Barlow . You have a beautiful pair there my friend . Carry them in good health .

Harry
Thanks Harry!

405E8ECF-5C94-4F98-8F93-0011319BB90E.jpeg

Mine arrived yesterday, what a beauty. Fit and finish is excellent, real nice job on the shield, no gaps or filler. Pull feels good, nice snap fully opening and closing. Sawcut is well executed, personal preference would be for a slightly deeper cut than GEC has been doing. Overall I would highly recommend if you’re a Remington bullet or barlow fan.

It really is a fantastic knife. Have mine in pocket today. It’s a big knife, but svelte. Less “foot print” than most modern knives with similar closed length.
That is the best coloring, love it!!

Mine came today. I only have one other Granddaddy and it's this Buck Missionary. Years ago Chuck Buck donated many knives to missionaries, Buck ground most of the identifying markings off. This GEC Bullet is wonderful, fit and finish, feels good in hand, glad I got one.
K5bYFoU.jpg

Back