Gec built 2022 Remington Bullet knife

SMKW says they are out of stock:

ODUvdGVub3IuZ2lm.gif

$200 for a single blade of 1095, as the song says “you got the fever” :)

The sterling silver bullet shield sets these apart.

Has GEC ever done a silver shield before?

I was pretty surprised they only made 500 of these, since the debut year 2021 was around 2500 knives.

Anyone collecting GEC Remington knives now has a more difficult task to assemble a complete collection moving forward. I am guessing future years will also be runs of 500, so possibly 2500 people with a first year knife competing to get 1 of 500 in future years……….

They’re playing a game of hide the stock. The original 500 sold out hours earlier and now they’ve added more. Can see an additional 37 now. Interesting way to treat your customers…

Last edited:
I’d guess they keep a certain percentage for in store inventory that they release to the web if they don’t sell in store but could be wrong. A GEC drop would be hard to know what might happen and you don’t want to sell something online that someone has in hand on the showroom floor ready to buy too.

GEC production records show only 500 made, so they couldn’t have sold 500 and then gotten more.

They probably put 450 in the online store and held some back for friends and for retail walk-in business.

I hope they all sell quickly because that makes it more likely they do one next year (this year) 2023!

They’re playing a game of hide the stock. The original 500 sold out hours earlier and now they’ve added more. Can see an additional 37 now. Interesting way to treat your customers…
What do you mean by treating their customers in a interesting way? I don’t see how it’s affecting anyone other than those enjoying the game of keeping track of the inventory.

What do you mean by treating their customers in an interesting way? I don’t see how it’s affecting anyone other than those enjoying the game of keeping track of the inventory.
As I see it everyone who really wanted one has gotten one. IMHO at this point does it matter how many are left? From the pics I’ve seen I’m not going to be disappointed tomorrow when mine is scheduled to arrive. 😀

Lol, the "brother" that the family keeps locked up in the knife roll.
Little brother was locked up for a while when it was separated from its shield. But I put it back on with some super glue and now its in the EDC group.

Fresh off the FedX truck. First impressions are that it is a beautiful knife with excellent fit and finish. The pull is a little stouter than my #97 that I included in the pic for comparison. Maybe it’s just me but the saw cut on this and the Beerlow I received yesterday is some of the best I’ve seen from the factory in a while. Both knives are compatible in size but the #97 weights in at 5oz and the Remington at 3.7oz. Is it worth the price? For me it was. I have a fair number of barlows but this is my only Grandaddy Barlow and most likely my last. I usually don’t carry a traditional folder this size. 😀
View attachment 2082787

Back