GEC IS MAKING TRAPPER KNIVES IN 2020.

Thanks for bringing it over from the previous page, Kelly!!:thumbsup: They turn so fast, stuff gets lost!!:eek:

Here's one I took in trade so long ago, I can't remember when. It was before Bill put numbers on the knives, but I think it would be called a #735107??o_O Can anyone confirm that??
A 2007 NKCA youth knife with two shields, flush and square joints!!:cool:
NKCA Youthknife 1.jpg

A 721110LB in a deep Ruby Red!! This would make a nice carry over the Holidays!!;) Maybe??:rolleyes:
This one has a PPP on the back! Wonder why?? First clip blade or something?? Have to look it up!!
Not a trapper collector, I just picked them up when I liked them! Gotta change my ways, now that I am retired! Money doesn't come in like it used to!! This is a nice GEC!!!:)721110LB red 1.jpg

721110lb-red-1-jpg.1247181
That's a beautiful lockback knife. :cool::thumbsup:

As I was comparing these two knives, I was thinking of the reverence Bill at GEC had for the founder of Bulldog Knives, Charlie Dorton. Bill has said he learned an enormous amount about traditional pocket knives and knifemaking from him over the years!
The name "Bulldog" now belongs to someone else, and since these 2009 knives, I don't know if it still exists. But this horn example (compared to a GEC #73) is an apt tribute to Bill's once-mentor!!!
View attachment 1246305 View attachment 1246306 View attachment 1246307 View attachment 1246308 View attachment 1246309 View attachment 1246310 View attachment 1246311

The grain on that Ram’s horn is gorgeous! I understand why they don’t use horn anymore, but man is it some nice looking stuff!

This picture isn't even close to all of them that have been produced!! The company could almost change its name from GEC to GET!!!:D
They have made many sizes of Trapper with numerous handles!!:eek: If you have one, or some, please post it/them!!!:)
More comps 1.jpg

Pardon my ignorance blokes, but are these 23 two blade Trappers only available if you are a member of a particular club or will the same pattern get a general release as well. The Trapper is my favorite pattern and I’ve never had a GEC version so this may be right up my alley.

Pardon my ignorance blokes, but are these 23 two blade Trappers only available if you are a member of a particular club or will the same pattern get a general release as well. The Trapper is my favorite pattern and I’ve never had a GEC version so this may be right up my alley.

They'll be available to the public. But if it is a short run, the collectors will line up in advance and the run could be fully subscribed at release. If you really, really want one, get on a dealer's waiting list. Mike at Collectorknives has one that's popular and public. Some other dealers you have to contact them to get put on the list, but you have to know to do so.

I should also have said that some dealers don't do lists, but "drop" the knives at a certain time. Really popular knives can sell out in a matter of a minute or two, so you have to find out when the drop is happening and then be standing ready with a fast computer and a fast connection. It's a royal PITA, but if you want it badly enough, it's worth it. You'll also see them pop up on the exchange and on other aftermarket sales sites because people buy multiples, either through fear of missing out or to have a bunch to choose the best from, or to flip and make money. Sometimes they go(quickly) at a reasonable price and sometimes they sell for double, or more, than retail. Once again, you have to be on it and be lucky. Here's hoping that it's a normal-sized run so we won't have to stand on our heads to get one.

Back