GEC Rendezvous 2022

The picnic on Saturday has required advance sign-up...... There will be deadlines posted on the GEC website....... The actual Rendezvous you just show up.....
Thanks for this info!

Does anyone have recommendations on where to stay?

If anyone from SW Florida is interested in going this year, please PM me. Hopefully we could share expenses and drive up.

It probably wouldn’t be wise for me to go when my wife will be 8 months pregnant by then
Yes, probably best to stick close to home, and congratulations. 🤠:thumbsup:
Both of my children were about a month early
My youngest was 1 month early, still weighed over 10 lbs.
My oldest was 4 months early, and only weighed 1-1/2 lbs. :oops:

This is always a great weekend to meet with friends and make new ones.
My wife and I are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Gents...an idea has been floated about a Poker night (Friday) at the resort...poker tourney with stakes being bought in with...wait for it...a currency of knives! We shall have a moderator and a person (Logan perhaps) who will attribute values to knives for the bank. Still working on da' rulz for play, prizes, etc...

Stake will be same for all (i.e. Maximum stake...say $1000 in Knives) for buy in...no garbage (i.e. Bear and Son, foreign (Chinese) knockoffs, etc... Have not decided whether or not to permit wheelhouse knives yet. But, a percentage...to be set...of your total buy in shall be in GEC knife(s) currency. So, le the suggestions pour in....just thinking about something a little different...it will be a timed tourney so we are not up all night. Of course, refreshments will be part of festivity...more to come as interest, etc...develops.

Barring the tide rising....See ya'll there!

Wolfsschanze
a.k.a. Steve Conte

PS...cigars and fav bourbon welcome...Mr. Knife ;-)

Last edited:
Gents...an idea has been floated about a Poker night (Friday) at the resort...poker tourney with stakes being bought in with...wait for it...a currency of knives! We shall have a moderator and a person (Logan perhaps) who will attribute values to knives for the bank. Still working on da' rulz for play, prizes, etc...

Stake will be same for all (i.e. Maximum stake...say $1000 in Knives) for buy in...no garbage (i.e. Bear and Son, foreign (Chinese) knockoffs, etc... Have not decided whether or not to permit wheelhouse knives yet. But, a percentage...to be set...of your total buy in shall be in GEC knife(s) currency. So, le the suggestions pour in....just thinking about something a little different...it will be a timed tourney so we are not up all night. Of course, refreshments will be part of festivity...more to come as interest, etc...develops.

Wolfsschanze
a.k.a. Steve Conte

Steve, looking forward to hanging out with you. Not sure about this poker tournament, I’ll be too busy talking about knives for 48 hours

Wolfsschanze
a.k.a. Steve Conte

This will be in that game room at cross creek eh? I see where you are going with this Steve, so lets say for example a cocobolo 15 boys knife, nit valued at $150 will get you its equivalent in chips, or perhaps a 77 barlow valued at $xxx.xx, etc. Limited number of rebuys, winner takes all. Could be interesting! Valuations and agreed upon valuations will be the likely main issues.

Back