GEC Rendezvous 2022

Just caught up on this thread. I always enjoy these (particularly once the Rendezvous is actually happening and those of us who couldn’t make it get to see some of the goings-on), but it seems all I’ve missed over the past two months in this thread are gas price updates. Apparently gas is high right now? I had no idea……

Just caught up on this thread. I always enjoy these (particularly once the Rendezvous is actually happening and those of us who couldn’t make it get to see some of the goings-on), but it seems all I’ve missed over the past two months in this thread are gas price updates. Apparently gas is high right now? I had no idea……

i mean if i do go, i have to drive there, as its in the middle of no where. If flying and renting a car or flying and public transport was doable, it would be easier.

$4.15 to $4.40gal reg.🤬🤬
Not sure what diesel is going for. 🤔
Just saying. 😁
John 💥

i mean if i do go, i have to drive there, as its in the middle of no where. If flying and renting a car or flying and public transport was doable, it would be easier.
You may be able to fly into Erie PA, then rent a car to drive. I would guess it to be about an hour and forty five minute drive from Erie, maybe 2 hrs. A bus ride from erie to titusville would be a long trip, if it's even available

You may be able to fly into Erie PA, then rent a car to drive. I would guess it to be about an hour and forty five minute drive from Erie, maybe 2 hrs. A bus ride from erie to titusville would be a long trip, if it's even available

I did consider that once, except id be starting from unfamiliar territory. When i drive from brooklyn, i have some idea more or less of where im going with the gps.

For those that have been in previous years. Is it necessary to be there Thursday night for the chance to buy a rendezvous knife? My wife and I will be in Cleveland on Thursday and wondered if it’s possible to stop by anytime on Friday and knives will be available or are they gone as quick as the drops?

For those that have been in previous years. Is it necessary to be there Thursday night for the chance to buy a rendezvous knife. My wife and I will be in Cleveland on Thursday and wondered if it’s possible to stop by and knives will be available or are they gone as quick as the drops?
From what I understand, last year was out of the norm being people showed up the night before. I'm guilty also. The previous rendezvous was my first and showed up about an hour before opening and was able to get a knife. So this year, who knows. From what I saw last year, if you weren't there by about 4 am or maybe earlier, you were probably unlucky in your quest.

From what I understand, last year was out of the norm being people showed up the night before. I'm guilty also. The previous rendezvous was my first and showed up about an hour before opening and was able to get a knife. So this year, who knows. From what I saw last year, if you weren't there by about 4 am or maybe earlier, you were probably unlucky in your quest.
Thanks! If we end up going We’ll probably be there Friday around noon. Hopefully there will still be something available. Maybe an SFA if not the rendezvous knife. 🤷🏻

Thanks! If we end up going We’ll probably be there Friday around noon. Hopefully there will still be something available. Maybe an SFA if not the rendezvous knife. 🤷🏻

Knives will be available all day Friday. Generally even a few left on Saturday. But the Friday Rendezvous knife itself will probably be claimed by folks in line no later than 4am.

Last year I arrived at about 5-5:30 AM and was #50 in line - they gave out about 30 or 35 Rendezvous 38s so I missed out. I did get a nice 33 SFA in acrylic. I’m skipping it this year but when I was considering going, I was planning to camp out.

Back