Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thank heavens for that! :eek: Lovely pic Rachel :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, looks like another sunny day in Yorkshire :) Wow, two in a row! :D Have a great day folks, would love to hear all our US Guardians have planned for the 4th :thumbsup:
My plans for the 4th? Pardon me while I rant like a curmudgeon:
When I was young, what folks did on the 4th of July (what city folks did, anyway) was to go to the city park. Eat a picnic. Throw a frisbee around. When the sun goes down, open a beer or bottle of wine, and watch the fireworks display. Then go home.

If I try to do that now in Austin, there are 200,000 other people with the same idea. Gates and shuttle buses, and multiple music stages, and wristbands for preferred viewing areas...:mad:

So now, just like on other holidays like New Years and Halloween which involve "drinkin', drivin', and blowin' stuff up", I hunker down at home, with all pets inside.

This year, though, I've been invited to ride with some friends out to a suburb/smaller town nearby that has its own fireworks show, and might not be such a hassle. Since I don't have to drive, maybe I'll do a little "drinkin' & blowin' stuff up." :D

Today, I've got some puttering around the house to do. I still haven't taken a new Lambsfoot group shot to include the Hartshead. ;)
WMZ0SoV.jpg
k0lpfMt.jpg

Happy Independence Day!

"Did you know they don't have the Fourth of July in England?"
"Then what day comes after the third over there?" :confused:

what folks did on the 4th of July (what city folks did, anyway) was to go to the city park. Eat a picnic. Throw a frisbee around. When the sun goes down, open a beer or bottle of wine, and watch the fireworks display. Then go home.
Those were wonderful days.
I once lived in a little mountain town. The town's people would gather at the park for the usual games and picnics. At dark, because there were no supplied fireworks show, everybody would bring their own fireworks to shoot off in the park. There were fountains everywhere and pinwheels nailed to the trees. The show would go on for a couple of hours and we would walk around and see all the different stuff. What a great time it was.

Last edited:
If I try to do that now in Austin, there are 200,000 other people with the same idea. Gates and shuttle buses, and multiple music stages, and wristbands for preferred viewing areas...:mad:
I still haven't taken a new Lambsfoot group shot to include the Hartshead. ;)
WMZ0SoV.jpg
k0lpfMt.jpg
I know what you mean, I got inadvertantly stuck in the Dallas madness that is July 4 traffic a couple years ago trying to get to work for an implementation late shift, and I still suffer flashbacks. And I hate driving through Austin too... there's no time of day that 35 isn't a nightmare!

Side note, we were down at Lake Travis last week for a few days... outside of Austin is great country, so at least you have that. Outside (and inside, for that matter) of Dallas is a wasteland for 100 miles in any direction! :mad:

Oh, and great knife pics! :thumbsup:

My plans for the 4th? Pardon me while I rant like a curmudgeon:
When I was young, what folks did on the 4th of July (what city folks did, anyway) was to go to the city park. Eat a picnic. Throw a frisbee around. When the sun goes down, open a beer or bottle of wine, and watch the fireworks display. Then go home.

So now, just like on other holidays like New Years and Halloween which involve "drinkin', drivin', and blowin' stuff up", I hunker down at home, with all pets inside.

This year, though, I've been invited to ride with some friends out to a suburb/smaller town nearby that has its own fireworks show, and might not be such a hassle. Since I don't have to drive, maybe I'll do a little "drinkin' & blowin' stuff up." :D

Today, I've got some puttering around the house to do. I still haven't taken a new Lambsfoot group shot to include the Hartshead. ;)
WMZ0SoV.jpg
k0lpfMt.jpg

Happy Independence Day!

"Did you know they don't have the Fourth of July in England?"
"Then what day comes after the third over there?" :confused:

If you go, don't forget to leave the pets inside. They get scared and restless during the fireworks.

Morning Guardians, looks like another sunny day in Yorkshire :) Wow, two in a row! :D Have a great day folks, would love to hear all our US Guardians have planned for the 4th :thumbsup:

oh3Xnbj.jpg
Lovely photo, Jack. :thumbsup:

My plans for the 4th of July are to sleep in a little, fly my US flag, grill some hamburgers, drink some Budweiser [I know some scoff at Bud, but I AM a traditionalist, and I've been drinking Bud since the 1970s; Samuel Adams and Guinness may be better, but I actually like Budweiser (and it's cheaper!), and it is a tradition with me to drink it on the 4th of July], and watch some baseball. Going to watch the Miami Marlins at the Washington Nationals. All the baseball teams will be wearing patriotic uniforms.

May have time to take a nap, walk my Chihuahua (my wife usually runs with the lab--I can't keep up!), and have a cigar on my back porch with some good ol' Kentucky bourbon. May even watch a movie, like Cagney's Yankee Doodle Dandy, with my wife and daughter. Don't do the fireworks myself anymore. There's a city ordinance against it, but everyone ignores it. Freaks out my lab.

Going to carry an American knife, but won't post pictures here!

Have a great day, Guardians!
6FsTFTQ.jpg

Have a great day folks, would love to hear all our US Guardians have planned for the 4th :thumbsup:

My daughter is doing a Kids Run first thing in the morning. Then we'll head to a local park to have a picnic and maybe do some swimming with my parents and siblings with their families. We'll be knackered afterwards so home for a quick nap. If I have any energy left I'm gonna make me some chili cheese dogs and turn on the television to watch a 4th of July Special or two.

Just chilling in the shade. :)
View attachment 1154453
Nice shot, Dave! I'm still almost speechless each time I see one of the Waynorth lambsfoots, especially the jigged bone! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Switched back to Damascus for today! :D

33716411558_3b4edd0e76_b_d.jpg
Outstanding knife, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Carrying these two....can't keep em out of the pocket.
View attachment 1154589
I can see why that could be an addictive pair, Taylor! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure the new Lamb would be able to keep up with the rigors of my day to day use...
6PZAmO7.jpg

but I was pleasantly surprised with her inaugural run! That's one tough knife!
Looks that will win almost any beauty contest AND tough enough to slice through multiple layers of grain products and dead flesh!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: That's a keeper, Matt! :)

Honestly, I am having a hard time picking a favorite between the jigged bone and the ebony, they are both superb.

3LzwgG0.jpg
Your pic is also superb, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: You may still be undecided regarding preference between the two handle materials, but photos like yours have me firmly believing that the jigged bone is the berries!! ;)

View attachment 1154633 View attachment 1154632 I was lucky enough to receive a Charlie’s lambsfoot. This was my first time handling a lambsfoot knife. I like the pattern so much, I just placed a order for a A. Wright lambsfoot with rosewood handles. I can’t wait to finally have a authentic English lambsfoot in my pocket. I must admit I’ve be quite jealous of the beautiful knives you all post!
Welcome to the Guardians, Jon, and congrats on your first lambsfoot being such an incredible stunner! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Just when I think I was getting the hang of this multi quote thing, I typed all my replies....and they were good and witty too. :rolleyes::D
I guess I took too long and it signed me out and ...gone. :(
Oh well, I will try again later.

I did a bit of forging with a friend of mine yesterday.
48176772947_79afe48992_h.jpg
Condolences on the loss of your wits, FBC! :(:rolleyes: At least you have that impressive rosewood Hartshead Lambsfoot Barlow that BF software can NEVER steal from you. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you GT. Man oh Man. That Man Jack Image is quite Manly...and very nice.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

After every 6 month Dr. visit, and swearing to her what a good boy I’ve been, this is my post-fasting meal. Every time.:)
View attachment 1154647
Thanks, Harvey. :) Man Jack is the epitome of masculinity, and claims that your post-fasting meal is the way to a manly man's heart! :D

Intriguing grain in your rosewood, Rachel! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT I'm fortunate to be living in what's known as the foothills which is a quick 20 minutes away from the mountains.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Here's another shot of Man Jack:
2senator.mark.V.nov17.jpg

- GT

Back