1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Wonderful stag Dave!;):thumbsup:

OLd_gUY, Prester John and Dschal like this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you :) A fine choice :) :thumbsup:

Nice to see the pile side is just as good Dave :) :thumbsup:

Prester John and Dschal like this.
  3. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Interesting picture, Vince. Having been to the range today I immediately went from your HHB to the target in the background;)
    Carrying those two should ease some of the fatigue and frustration things have caused you in this thread. This is a great thread and I hope it runs the way you designed and planned it.
    I wondered if anyone else would notice:D
    Never herd of them before...

Sure do like that album cover:thumbsup:
    Mighty fitting brew for the thread today, Jack...enjoy!
    Congrats, what a fine piece of stag for that HHB!
    I love the look and feel of this ebony Waynorth lambfoot...
    [​IMG]

donn, JaxBaron, Cambertree and 18 others like this.
  4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Preston, while this thread has turned into something quite different to what I had anticipated, who could have guessed that we'd be seeing such a wealth of great Lambsfoot knives available, or the interest in this fantastic pattern. As long as we still have Lambsfoot content here, I'm happy to see it continue, and hope it will :) :thumbsup:

LOL! I hadn't thought of that Preston! :D I was just after some high ABV, and besides, I only have one beer in the house :( Perhaps just as well, as I have my meeting with David tomorrow :) That knife is a beauty my friend :thumbsup:

donn, Cambertree, TFBraden and 7 others like this.
  5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Another day is drawing to a close at Grumble Towers, and I'm about to hit the hay. Before I do so though, I just want to leave you with this one thought Guardians...

[​IMG]

Goodnight folks ;) :thumbsup:

donn, JaxBaron, Cambertree and 11 others like this.
  6. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    My new and only lambs foot with coins- 1 Kopeks, Russia circa 1960s through 1980s.
    Don't ask me :rolleyes: I just like the mix of textures and the Kopeks are what I had. ;)

The knife is superb!!!

Waynorth-Kopek-detail.jpg

Waynorth-&-kopek.jpg

Ray

donn, JaxBaron, Cambertree and 18 others like this.
  7. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Almost a week elapsed between my @waynorth Lambfoot’s delivery and my own arrival back from vacation. Given my high level of anticipation, I thought my initial exuberance might have been slightly colored, so I put it aside for a few days.

Today seemed like a good day to give it a formal test drive, and I am happy to report that I like it even more than I did initially (if that is possible).

I don’t know if the level of craftsmanship this knife displays is indicative of the entire run or if I was privileged to receive an especially fine example. I’ve previously poo-pooed the notion that the backspring of a slipjoint with a half-stop should be flush in all three positions, and I still think this isn’t necessarily indicative of quality, but I must be honest and admit that the fact this knife exhibits that feature makes me happy.

The knife’s unquestionable beauty is an added bonus.

Thanks again, Charlie for all the work required to make this project happen.

8A71F6E0-A7E3-48F6-AC59-04EC623C351D.jpeg

donn, JaxBaron, Cambertree and 17 others like this.
  8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    That looks nice. Congratulations.

dc50 and mitch4ging like this.
  9. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Thank you, and thanks for everything you have done. Relax and enjoy the day give us a report on the activities and of course pictures...I know you will!
    Grumble Towers, love it...
    Ray, that is a couple of wonderful photos and confirm what you have said, superb!
    There have been many comments on the fit and finish of these Waynorth knives, all complementary and express the same thoughts you have. I have not seen one negative remark.

TFBraden, dc50, mitch4ging and 5 others like this.
  10. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Tough returning to work after a long holiday weekend. BUT! New knife Monday’s ease the blues. ;)

[​IMG]

donn, JaxBaron, Cambertree and 20 others like this.
  11. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Attention Jack Black, just curious, you said in a previous post that this thread has turned into something quite different to what you had anticipated. What were your initial thoughts and expectations?:thumbsup:

Cambertree likes this.
  12. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Preston. Usually carry a .38, but .357 Magnum and .45 ACP are more fun to shoot.

Cambertree, pjsjr, dc50 and 5 others like this.
  13. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Interesting coincidence. This book has been on my reading list for a couple of years, and I finally started reading it today. It was right beside me when I saw this.

E25D7B1E-C857-47EB-A932-D85513ECEF6B.jpeg

donn, Jack Black, tmd_87 and 16 others like this.
  14. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    I carry a 4 inch lamb foot. It's much lighter than my .45 ACP and does a much better job of sharpening my pencil!

[​IMG]

15. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Pocket full of good stuff
    IMG_20190708_154327.jpg

donn, JaxBaron, glennbad and 21 others like this.
  16. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    The whole run turned out very nice, Frailer!:thumbsup: I have replaced one so the fellow wouldn't have to wait for a small repair, but that's it!! I asked for high quality for my first eponymous run, and was not disappointed . . . . . .not that GEC disappoints ever!! We are all fortunate with this one!!:)

17. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Nice! A knifemaker recommended it recently so I thought I’d give it a look. Here’s to thought provoking knives and books. :thumbsup:

18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Evening Guardians
    [​IMG]

Jack Black, JaxBaron, Dschal and 19 others like this.
  19. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Evening IMG_3150.jpeg

mitch4ging, JaxBaron, Dschal and 19 others like this.
  20. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Mondays are bad enough, but a bad Monday is worse! No doubt, that since this place is full of top quality folks, it will iron out! If not, the rest of the villagers will revolt!:cool::thumbsup:
    Great replys, Gary! Grand shot of UJ, GT!
    Like Preston, I grew up with the yucca plants everywhere. In our youth, we would find good size poles, get on our horses and joust! :D:thumbsup:
    Cactus, on the other hand, getting thrown off a horse, landing in one....still have bad dreams of that!:confused::D
    Very cool dog!:), but he does seem to be drawn to your Lambsfoot!:eek::thumbsup: But he does have good taste!;)
    Nice shot, Mark! Looks like it will fill your hand nicely!:cool::thumbsup:
    Well put! And well photographed!:thumbsup:
    :eek: wow, well done! Gorgeous!
    Nicely worded, Preston!
    Your photo "quacked" me up!:D(ok, I went for the low hanging fruit :oops:). But great Team photo, Ducks and Lambs!:thumbsup:
    Nice shot, Matt!:thumbsup:
    Another nice one, John! Great colors all around!:cool::thumbsup:
    You know what they say...when in Roma!:p:thumbsup: A hardy Lamb and a hardy breakfast!:thumbsup:
    An Ace with an Ace high!:eek::thumbsup: Can't loose with those!
    Nice, Dave! Great looking scenery! Sounds like you've made it home!:):thumbsup:
    Such lovely ebony! Look forward to many more photos of it, Ed!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Lovely, Harvey! Sweet photo, and the pastry looks good too!;):thumbsup:
    dall_sheep_tracks.gif :D
    Another sweet shot, Rachel!:cool::thumbsup:
    What can't a Lambsfoot do??:eek::D:thumbsup:
    The Lambsfoot is a good shot!:cool::thumbsup:
    More great stuff to read, Jack! Thanks for posting!:thumbsup:
    Hard to go wrong, either the HHB-low, or the Stamascus!:eek::thumbsup:
    Anymore, I get a surprise everytime I pull a knife out of my pocket, even just after 5 minutes!:p:thumbsup:
    :D LOL!

Great [email protected]:cool::thumbsup:
    And what a dandy, OG!!;):thumbsup:
    Seems like a very restful place!:cool::thumbsup:
    At least it wasn't labeled "Love to Hate"! :cool::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    donn, tmd_87, Fodderwing and 11 others like this.