Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I have an old friend arriving from France tomorrow, so I might be a bit tied up for the next few days. I'll post when I can though :) We're experiencing record temperatures here at the moment, so I'm munching a few of the Tabasco jelly beans Vince sent me to cool down ;) I think I'm going to head to the market with some stag tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

bH3e9Oz.jpg

I have an old friend arriving from France tomorrow, so I might be a bit tied up for the next few days. I'll post when I can though :) We're experiencing record temperatures here at the moment, so I'm munching a few of the Tabasco jelly beans Vince sent me to cool down ;) I think I'm going to head to the market with some stag tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

bH3e9Oz.jpg
I love that file work on the spring. :thumbsup:

(Not too many Jelly Bellies at one time!) ;)

bH3e9Oz.jpg
Jack, you have a great time with your company :thumbsup::) I see your Barlow has a little extra handiwork cool :thumbsup::cool:

Good day Guardians, Rosie is helping me prepare dinner...
IMG_1272.JPG

As many have said, what a treat this thread is, wonderful photos and comment. Thank you all for the effort and giving of your time to make it so!
Sunday's best!
....but I give up, what is the item behind the knife?
Dennis, it's just a piece of weathered wood that I picked up for the texture.
That little bug could very well be a '54, it does have a oval rear window...kinda poorly done but a oval

Nickle beer?!!! :eek::D
That HHB of yours is lookin' gooooood. :thumbsup:
Thanks Kevin! Yep, them's the good old days:rolleyes::D:rolleyes: Love that photo and of course the VW 'power' plant...
Here's it's big brother, a real power plant
IMG_1268.JPG

Preston that, my friend, is some very good stuff. :D Sigh.... :cool:
Thanks, Dwight, it is, it is!
Morning Guardians, it looks like I have a little catching-up to do! :) :thumbsup:

e4Vo7pa.jpg
You do the impossible(catching up) so very well Jack!!!

Why I Love My £30 Ebony Lambsfoot Working Knife

It’s said that one contributing factor which sustains lasting marriages and indeed any kind of long term relationship, is having lots of shared, happy memories to look back on.

Clearly, this wisdom can apply in a way to favourite knives as well.

Looking at some of the old ‘Lamb-punches’ from Rachel’s ‘Home for Wayward and Worn Out Lambsfoots’, is an instructive experience.

I often wonder at the memories that must be attached to those knives, and what it actually was, that finally led to them being retired from service. Comparing those old Lambsfoot knives to some of the ‘toothpick knives’ in my own collection, clearly they were still used for quite some time after the blade tips were sharpened well clear of the blade channel when closed.

I’d venture a guess that they were only regretfully laid aside, when they eventually got to the stage where the blade point was so proud when closed, that it continually bit the owner when in the pocket, or sliced open the fabric of their trousers. For some of them, the end of the road may have been when the nail nick was almost sharpened into.

Those worn old knives, with their untold stories, speak to another time of careful thriftiness - but surely even the most hard headed user in those days must at least have had a twinge of sentimentality for a faithful and reliable tool which they had carried and used for so long.

All of us, no doubt have knives in our collections or accumulations, quite probably far less worn but which have a similar sentiment attached to them - even though they may not be the most unique, or best crafted, or most expensive examples, or made of the rarest or finest materials.

For me, among a handful of contenders I have, the first among them is my ol’ ebony user A. Wright Lambsfoot knife.

YuR3Kdf.jpg

This is an early review of that knife, shortly after I purchased it in Sheffield in early 2017.

And some more thoughts on it, and the Lambsfoot pattern in general after nearly a years use.

Two and a half years down the track, I thought I might revisit the knife with a few notes and remarks.

Regarding durability, my feeling is that the ebony cover scales will quite possibly long outlast all the metal components of the knife. I have no concerns about handling the knife with wet hands, or the effect of seasonal weather changes, nor do I worry when the knife suffers the inevitable drops and scrapes a working knife will be subjected to.

The worst that seems to happen over time, is the hard ebony surface finish might get a little hazy, but it is immediately revived with a bit of hand buffing with fine sandpaper, and some leather with diamond stropping paste on it.

I did smooth over the handle and round off all the corners with fine sandpaper shortly after I got the knife. The handle is actually quite contoured, which I like.

The cutler who made this knife at A. Wright and Sons appears to be a different one to the maker of the Guardians knives. The Guardians knives are better in their construction and fit and finish of course (considering their higher cost, and Jack’s close specifications and guidance), but this one has its own slightly different handle and blade styling.

If anything, the ‘nickel silver’ brass bolsters are more susceptible to wear and tear than the wood scales.

But they polish up nicely too, with the same ‘spa’ treatment.

Every six months or so, I gently repeen the pivot with a light 4 oz ball peen hammer, if needed.

With normal light use, this probably would not be necessary, but I often use the knife in a tight hammer grip to cut through branches when pruning, or clearing fields of fire from a hunting hide.

The blade is ground fairly thin, and I have further thinned it out behind the edge. Initially I just set the edge at 15dps with the Sharpmaker, but over time I have removed more material by placing the blade on a handheld pocket stone, adjusting the angle until I can feel the stone is resting on the shoulder of the edge bevel, but not touching the edge apex, and progressively grinding it thinner on each side.

This ends up giving the ability to easily restore a razor keen edge in literally less than a minute, with a few swipes on the Sharpmaker rods, or a honing ceramic at 15dps, then a couple of passes on an ultrafine rod at 20dps, and a light strop on 1 micron diamond and 0.25 micron CBN loaded balsa and smoothside leather.

The rods at this setting are very close to the actual edge apex, and only need to remove a tiny amount of material to restore a clean, crisp edge.

It also makes it extremely simple to hit the apex with different abrasive grits and types, for experimental purposes.

I’d also like to say a few words about steels and Rockwell C hardness here.

These knives are in C70 steel (an AISI 1075 analogue) run at around 55 HRc (54-56 range).

These specs would perhaps be sniffed at by modern knife aficionados.

It’s worth remembering that steel production, technology and heat treatment was as much of a military arms race between Britain, France and Germany in the 17th-19th centuries as nuclear arms were between the USA and USSR in the 20th century.

The carbon level in C70 steel sits at just under what is called the eutectoid point, which is where the carbon completely saturates into solution at high temperature, and produces a very fine grain structure, when quenched and tempered correctly.

(By comparison, the 1095 in the Waynorth Lambsfoots will produce cementite with the excess carbon above ~0.78%, but the subsequent Peters cryo quench, which was not available in the ‘Golden Age’ circa 1890-1930, ensures a complete martensitic transformation.)

In short, the steel selection and hardness is actually the product of a highly evolved understanding of steel, to produce a very fine microstructure, which is tough and easily resharpenable. It is not the most wear resistant steel of course, but it will take a very thin edge, and if you can sharpen with some basic competency, it is a trivial matter to restore razor sharpness in a minute or two.

I have never experienced chipping in any of my A. Wright Lambsfoot knives.

One of the ‘secrets’ of Sheffield blade performance is highly evolved geometry. Blades I have measured, even worn ones are generally, at most 0.015” behind the edge or even thinner.

One of the concerns I had when initially starting to use the Lambsfoot pattern, was whether the tip would round off with extended use. Rehoning the knife frequently along the whole edge seems to minimise that effect.

Dylan @Pàdruig kindly made me a custom pocket slip for my trusty ebony knife. His slips are by far my favourite design, out of the many slips I have used, and commissioned from leatherworkers. They sit upright in the pocket, with their flat base, have a slim profile, and are vented at the bottom, so carbon steel knives do not accumulate moisture. Like all finely crafted leather products, they attain a lovely patina with age and use.

Together, this knife and slip pairing, and my other Lambsfoot knives have taken me to a similar place regarding traditional pocket knives, to the one I came to some time ago with my Japanese kitchen knives and hunting and game processing knives.

That is, I went through an initial period of high intensity research and knowledge saturation from as many sources as possible, as well as acquiring and using a lot of different knives and steel types, and applying various sharpening methods.

Following that period, I settled on the best tools for my purposes in the kitchen and in the field, and rarely look at kitchen or hunting knives anymore, as they will not improve on what I already have and use.

I seem to have reached a similar point, where now I purchase new pocketknives only in exceptional circumstances, as I know what works well for me, and the patterns I already have are actually ingrained in my ‘muscle memory’.

When I have the thought to use my Lambsfoot knife to cut something, I barely have to look at it before it is out of my pocket. The swayed handle ensures that it is oriented correctly in my hand by touch alone. I pinch out the blade with my right thumb and forefinger, listening for that satisfying auditory CLACK!, and apply the blade to the task at hand, with barely a conscious thought to the whole process, as if the blade is just an extension of my forefinger.

Then the blade is wiped clean and palmed shut or brushed closed against my leg, and pocketed again.

When considering a more involved cutting task, it’s also a pleasant feeling to weigh the open or closed knife in the hand like worry beads, when assessing how to approach the job.

I’ve spent many hours gardening, harvesting and peeling fruit, vegetables and fungi with this knife, whittling walking sticks, doing basic food prep and spreading condiments, opening packages, shaving tinder for campfires and a myriad of other cutting and slicing chores.

e3dM8cp.jpg

I love all my Lambsfoot knives, and have similarly used and enjoyed most of them, but if ever I leave a well worn punch or toothpick of a blade behind, laden with memories - of all my knives it will most likely be this one.

3vvnmDj.jpg
Chin, another monumental, informative, illustrated, post. Thank you for the time and sharing your knowledge. Your photographic skills go hand in hand with your word-smithing.

You expecting visitors Preston?! :D That's a cool pic, I sure do miss going to the range :( :thumbsup:
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, Jack. My range time was shared with friends...I so wish you could be here, it would be an honor and privilege to share with you!
Thanks Vince! I appreciate you posting another book I will have to read. :thumbsup::cool:

Thank you gentlemen!

I managed to get very, very behind on this thread (like 30 days!) but have been wearing out the "like button". Always a high-point of my day to see all of your wonderful knives and more-so your insight and adventures. The Guardians are all much appreciated!
Oh, how I wish I didn't understand!!

Why I Love My £30 Ebony Lambsfoot Working Knife

It’s said that one contributing factor which sustains lasting marriages and indeed any kind of long term relationship, is having lots of shared, happy memories to look back on.

Clearly, this wisdom can apply in a way to favourite knives as well.

Looking at some of the old ‘Lamb-punches’ from Rachel’s ‘Home for Wayward and Worn Out Lambsfoots’, is an instructive experience.

I often wonder at the memories that must be attached to those knives, and what it actually was, that finally led to them being retired from service. Comparing those old Lambsfoot knives to some of the ‘toothpick knives’ in my own collection, clearly they were still used for quite some time after the blade tips were sharpened well clear of the blade channel when closed.

I’d venture a guess that they were only regretfully laid aside, when they eventually got to the stage where the blade point was so proud when closed, that it continually bit the owner when in the pocket, or sliced open the fabric of their trousers. For some of them, the end of the road may have been when the nail nick was almost sharpened into.

Those worn old knives, with their untold stories, speak to another time of careful thriftiness - but surely even the most hard headed user in those days must at least have had a twinge of sentimentality for a faithful and reliable tool which they had carried and used for so long.

All of us, no doubt have knives in our collections or accumulations, quite probably far less worn but which have a similar sentiment attached to them - even though they may not be the most unique, or best crafted, or most expensive examples, or made of the rarest or finest materials.

For me, among a handful of contenders I have, the first among them is my ol’ ebony user A. Wright Lambsfoot knife.

YuR3Kdf.jpg

e3dM8cp.jpg

I love all my Lambsfoot knives, and have similarly used and enjoyed most of them, but if ever I leave a well worn punch or toothpick of a blade behind, laden with memories - of all my knives it will most likely be this one.

3vvnmDj.jpg
Chin, you have a gift for writing, my friend. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us and I always enjoy reading these posts of yours while drinking my morning coffee.
The lambshank is looking good as ever.

Thanks Kevin! Yep, them's the good old days:rolleyes::D:rolleyes: Love that photo and of course the VW 'power' plant...
IMG_1268.JPG
Two fine examples of design excellence, the turbo frog and the Lambsfoot. :D:thumbsup:

48361066431_f2b797ce96_h.jpg

I love that file work on the spring. :thumbsup:

(Not too many Jelly Bellies at one time!) ;)

Thanks pal, I'll try not to be too greedy ;) :thumbsup:

Jack, you have a great time with your company :thumbsup::) I see your Barlow has a little extra handiwork cool :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Dave, I'm hoping it won't be quite as trying as when he visited last year! :D Yes, that's the one Ashley made for me :thumbsup:

Good day Guardians, Rosie is helping me prepare dinner...
IMG_1272.JPG

As many have said, what a treat this thread is, wonderful photos and comment. Thank you all for the effort and giving of your time to make it so!

Dennis, it's just a piece of weathered wood that I picked up for the texture.

IMG_1268.JPG

Thanks, Dwight, it is, it is!

You do the impossible(catching up) so very well Jack!!!

Thanks Preston, those are great pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, Jack. My range time was shared with friends...I so wish you could be here, it would be an honor and privilege to share with you!

Oh, how I wish I didn't understand!!

Definitely words to live by :thumbsup:

I'm beginning to think I'm destined to never catch up in this thread, even using catch-up rules such as "respond to only one post per page". Last night before bed I selected a bunch of posts to which I planned to respond in the morning; when I got up, I found that my computer had decided on its own during the night to update the operating system and then restart, so all of my quotes were lost! So I had to go back through the same pages and re-quote. :mad:

Long tradition with the UK. Father convalesced in Devonshire from wounds suffered in the Battle of the Bulge . Stayed with a lovely family there. My son taught school in Battle for several years. My first car was a 1962 Triumph TR-3B. My restoration project is below and pictured with my now favorite sharp object.

View attachment 1165407 View attachment 1165409
Both restored car and HHB look real sharp, Bill! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

G'day folks and may it be peaceful View attachment 1165474
That People's Wagon with AC on top must be very cool, Dwight! ;):cool::cool: Scary headlights! :D

That ebony WCLF is stupendous, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What's the translation of the Latin phrase?

Thank you, GT that's a mighty fine photo of Valley Jack.:thumbsup::cool:
Might fine look'n that Valley Jack
Thank you my friend, and it's nice to see Valley Jack take a bow :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dave & Bill & Jack. :)

Nice to see Valley Jack lapping up the sun. Been overcast and dull round me today.
Oh and yes according to Wiki' 'Eagle' touched down approximately where the tip of the lambsfoot is resting. I know it was the Sea of Tranquility, but that's actually a big place so I did a search and Wiki' says it's roughly there. :thumbsup:
Thanks, David, for noting Valley Jack and for researching the site of the original lunar landing! :):cool::cool:

Since this seems to be an ongoing thing, do you think it might be possible to consider the selection of an alternative title for this installment GT? As was pointed out to me when I first started posting here, some of our younger members like to read through the posts with their kids, and if that is the case, I doubt they'd be comfortable explaining the meaning of all of that sentence to their youngsters. I know that I wouldn't. Just a thought, it did occur to me last week :thumbsup:
Sure, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I edited the objectionable phrase out of a couple of recent posts in which I publicized my current obsession. "A rose by any other name ..." ;)

I think I may just have found the cure for insomnia! :eek: o_O :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Dkzkcwd.jpg

I love having mathematics show up in this thread!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The ingredients:
vgUr5jM.jpg

Everyone is familiar with Spam, I suppose. The bread may be a Texas brand. The peanut butter is Laura Scudder's, my favourite: just peanuts and a little salt. No sugar, no corn syrup, no artificial preservatives, etc. And that's a rosewood lambsfoot, front and center.

1TIy6iY.jpg

The Spam was easy to slice with the lambsfoot.

I spread some peanut butter on each slice of bread.
Sy5vMrU.jpg

The peanut butter jar was less than half full, so I had to dig in. Got some peanut butter on the tang and a little in the well near the tang, but it wasn't too hard to clean.

Fried the Spam in a little butter:
BrgsHfB.jpg

And the lambsfoot easily cut my sandwich in half:
GQBbfQO.jpg

Normally I eat potato chips with sandwiches, but I thought a banana would better accompany this meal:
CnzpgDQ.jpg

Wasn't sure if I should have milk or beer with this meal, so I opted for Tang, in honour of the Apollo 11 astronauts.

You should have seen my wife's face when I put the Spam on the peanut butter! She already thinks I'm crazy.

I must say I have never had this particular combination before, but it was not bad at all. My wife thought I would end up giving most of the sandwich to the dogs, but I ate it all. I probably will not add this meal to my rotation, but I did enjoy it.

Note: This was a one-off deal. I do not intend to start accepting "culinary challenges"!

That's all folks!
Excellent WIP post, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll put almost anything on a sandwich, in combination with almost anything else (although "chip buddy" has little appeal for me :rolleyes:), so I wasn't surprised that your PB&Spam was enjoyable. I never use white bread, but at least you had the sense to toast it, and I'd have but the banana slices in/on the sandwich.

Playing with this dynamic duo today
MunHgnW.jpg
Dramatic duo, too, P&G! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Oh he is GT but still prefers the AC. :rolleyes:

Valley Jack is looking smart!
:D:thumbsup:
Thanks, Dwight. :)

Nice recipes and pictures!! I am gonna have to hurry and post these comparisons - I have an urge for a snack!!!:D
The older inspirations and the new!!:)
View attachment 1165850 View attachment 1165851
Charlie @waynorth , these are sensational comparisons! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I think they'll be an unforgettable pair of pics, and you, being the one who's personally responsible for bringing into existence two of the knives in each photo, must be incredibly proud, deservedly so, of the images!! :):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Rudyard!
"Do you like Kipling?"
"I don't know, I've never kippled!" ;)
Funny! :p:thumbsup: I don't think I'd ever heard this before, but I guessed it might be attributable to Groucho Marx. The history of the joke is very interesting: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/10/02/like-kipling/

That pic should come with a referral to a cardiologist, Harvey! What a heart-stopper! :cool::thumbsup::cool:;)

What a lovely valley to get lost in, Gary!:):thumbsup:
Recycled photo, but what I carried today...
D3rABPd.jpg
Thanks for building up Valley Jack, Dennis. :)
Your 2019 ironwood is noteworthy!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Almost ALL of my pics are recycled. :rolleyes:)

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) I haven't carried my AC in a while, making up for that today :thumbsup:

YkTZDW9.jpg

Have a good week folks :thumbsup:
Love those ACs, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Even if I didn't have it long enough in 2018 to name it my official Knife of the Year. ;):rolleyes:)

Here's a photo of Black Jack from a year ago:
BJ.kitchensill.jpg

- GT

A good Monday morning to all.:thumbsup:
V88RCwE.jpg
Splendid pic of astounding knives, Mark! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I’m carrying this Ebony beauty from Charlie today! :thumbsup: :D

48346802336_457a7e9af7_b_d.jpg
Extraordinary ebony lambsfoot, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Guess which knife I'll be using on this bunch? None other than my WCLF of course. The long, slim blade is perfect for the task, whether it's quartering a freestone or slicing pieces off a clingstone.

48346935576_eb6c9e7f30_b.jpg
Marvelous photo of the sweetest fruit of @waynorth's labors with your sweet nectarines, Christian! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

As I've written before, this is no doubt my favorite knife pose, and your desert ironwood looks totally majestic this way, Mark! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Show 'em if you got 'em, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What a formidable foursome!

My week got off to a great start - I received not just one, but two gift packages from generous Guardians :) :thumbsup:

I think my neighbours must have heard me laughing when I opened the parcel @paulhilborn sent me! :D What a fantastic surprise :) It even has a working bell :cool: :thumbsup:

BPLigJw.jpg

There was also a very classy cutlery item, which I'll post in the EDC thread ;)

I'll be chewing over where to hang Paul (and Nanc)'s gift, with these, which Prester John Prester John kindly sent me, along with a very cool postcard :) :thumbsup:

wTbf6eX.jpg

Thank you so much guys, I'm really touched by your kindness :) I hope everyone else's week got off to a great start :) :thumbsup:
Congrats on receiving those tokens of esteem from Paul and Vince, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Charlie's Jigged has been a rather constant companion. So constant that my other knives have been rather neglected. ...

xdrWuCw.jpg

kHBO2rn.jpg
Dylan, your pics are always stunning, partly because you have such incredible taste in knives (and skill and luck in obtaining what you're after ;)), and I usually find your analysis of knife-related topics insightful! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians
Sorry I'm a little late posting today. I had to take one last trip to the Bay Area :mad:
But on the happy side, the tour season is over and I have my boy back home... at least until he starts college. :)
I hope you have a fantastic remainder of the summer with your two guys around, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Do they leave for school at about the same time?

Every time you post this, it makes me sing that song in my head.

VJ doesn't look like he needs a vacation...:D Who's next ?

Have a good week Guardians!
48342064126_5c19b30c77_h.jpg
Yeah, Betty brings a song to my head, too. ;)
Thanks for "stroking" VJ; I'm compelled to move on to my 2018 ebony Black Jack for this week. :)
I can hear your 2019 ironwood singing an old Paul Simon lyric: "I wonder how your engines feel" :D:cool::thumbsup:

Couldn't decide which lambsfoot go with this black cherry pie. ;):D
View attachment 1166346 View attachment 1166347
Dave, you are doubly-blessed with that pair of indescribable WCLFs!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Excellent WIP post, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll put almost anything on a sandwich, in combination with almost anything else (although "chip buddy" has little appeal for me :rolleyes:), so I wasn't surprised that your PB&Spam was enjoyable. I never use white bread, but at least you had the sense to toast it, and I'd have but the banana slices in/on the sandwich.
A "chip butty" looks very appealing to me. When I was a child, I ate french fries on white bread, but I didn't butter it--I put bacon in it!

Funny! :p:thumbsup: I don't think I'd ever heard this before, but I guessed it might be attributable to Groucho Marx. The history of the joke is very interesting: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/10/02/like-kipling/
Interesting article. I think I heard Alan Alda as Hawkeye Pierce say that while imitating Groucho. Maybe I heard Groucho say it too.
Show 'em if you got 'em, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What a formidable foursome!
Thanks! A great quartet. Even though the other three are prettier, I may go with the rosewood again tomorrow.
wGILIJc.jpg

Great shot :thumbsup: :cool: Do you have an avocado tree?
Thanks, OG.

Mail Call
I think it was @WhittlinAway who put this up a while ago. Anyway, look out bass wood, here I come :)
0723191116a_hdr-jpg.1166823
I do not have a avocado tree but I could probably save a lot of money if I did. :D
That is a fine lamb whittler you got there, I look forward to see what you create with it.

Another choice photo Kevin :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. I noticed the paint on the tire and wondered if someone painted it green. I have always seen them in red.

I'm beginning to think I'm destined to never catch up in this thread, even using catch-up rules such as "respond to only one post per page". Last night before bed I selected a bunch of posts to which I planned to respond in the morning; when I got up, I found that my computer had decided on its own during the night to update the operating system and then restart, so all of my quotes were lost! So I had to go back through the same pages and re-quote. :mad:

Yeah, Betty brings a song to my head, too. ;)
Thanks for "stroking" VJ; I'm compelled to move on to my 2018 ebony Black Jack for this week. :)
I can hear your 2019 ironwood singing an old Paul Simon lyric: "I wonder how your engines feel" :D:cool::thumbsup:

I feel your pain, GT. I think everyone understands if a fellow Guardian misses a quote or comment. The Lambsfoot train is definitely gaining steam.

Black Jack is a fine choice for this week. :thumbsup:

A pic of Jake helping me make lunch yesterday.
48359676737_a0e4f94fcb_h.jpg

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you G.T. Your Black Jack is magnifico!

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Here’s to you having a great visit.

@JohnDF Have a wonderful time John.

@Cambertree Part of what makes Jack’s world of Lambfoot knives in the Guardians such a richly rewarding experience, is from contributions from members like yourself. Thoroughly enjoyable, Chin.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians
B1E4CBA1-E731-47AD-A764-99ED588E6029.jpeg

That ebony WCLF is stupendous, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What's the translation of the Latin phrase?

Sure, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I edited the objectionable phrase out of a couple of recent posts in which I publicized my current obsession. "A rose by any other name ..." ;)

Thank you Gary, (and thanks for your perseverance) , that one was a lucky find :) I had to look up the phrase - 'Black is the way to go' according to the Google translator, but who trusts those?! :D

I think that other word actually comes from the Greek, thank you for your consideration my friend :) :thumbsup:

Interesting link GT, I've always thought of it as an old music hall joke :thumbsup:

Love those ACs, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Even if I didn't have it long enough in 2018 to name it my official Knife of the Year. ;):rolleyes:)

Here's a photo of Black Jack from a year ago:
View attachment 1167307

- GT

I know I'm a hard task-master ;) I think all of us who have one have been very pleased with it, I know I have :) Black Jack, when he was little more than a callow youth! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Congrats on receiving those tokens of esteem from Paul and Vince, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks pal, I'm absolutely knocked-out by the kindness I've received this week :) :thumbsup:

A "chip butty" looks very appealing to me. When I was a child, I ate french fries on white bread, but I didn't butter it--I put bacon in it!

:D :thumbsup:

Back home with this Lambsfoot.
KUQkk73.jpg

Great pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

Even though the other three are prettier, I may go with the rosewood again tomorrow.
wGILIJc.jpg

Ah, the lure of the Rosewood! :) It has a special beauty :) :thumbsup:

A pic of Jake helping me make lunch yesterday.
48359676737_a0e4f94fcb_h.jpg

Smashing pic Kevin, some great colours there :) :thumbsup:

Back