Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good evening Guardians, three full days at the range out of the last four( Sat, Monday and today) has left this Guardian fulfilled, but exhausted. I'll catch up as I can, but now, the not so much fun as shooting part, cleaning and caring for the firearms. I might find a few uses for the lambsfoots, but the most important will be morale boosting and encouragement as I proceed.
IMG_1260.JPG
Loos like you had some fun out at the range, Preston.
I have been meaning to buy a 1911 for a few years now, I think I should stop lollygagging.

Goodnight Guardians
img_5445-jpeg.1167037
I have been enjoying your nature themed Lambsfoot pics lately, good stuff. :thumbsup:

This A. Wright just in from Snowdonia, Wales U.K.. @Jack Black may know them. This is a Lambfoot with Buffalo Horn covers. It is a small knife at 3 3/8" long with a 2 5/8" long blade. The covers are very nice with multiple colors throughout them. Here are my normal pictures on a board but the covers are so nice and translucent, I took a couple shots outside. Some of you may recognize my old photograph backstop with the rock and cinder block.

jz7IHOK.jpg

kfDwz6O.jpg

ZH9azSe.jpg

qN3wKuY.jpg
Congrat's Ed, you got a looker! :thumbsup:

Too kool, Kevin! Both are keepers!:cool::thumbsup:

YES!
Between out right missing some posts, fumbling with my thumbs while trping on my phone, or maybe going to a different page and back, loosing quotes, it happens!:thumbsup:
Looking good (and healthy), Kevin! Looks like you are getting some patina coming on.:thumbsup:

Thanks, Dennis. I gave up trying to do any forum stuff on my phone. I feared that I wouldn't be able to suppress the urge to throw my phone as far as I could if I kept trying to type on that little tiny keyboard. :D

Betty and I went for short bike ride today.... it was too hot for a longer ride.
48368505371_51ed9fd795_h.jpg

I have been meaning to buy a 1911 for a few years now, I think I should stop lollygagging.
I love my revolvers, but my 1911 is the most fun to shoot. And such a classic!
Thanks, Dennis. I gave up trying to do any forum stuff on my phone. I feared that I wouldn't be able to suppress the urge to throw my phone as far as I could if I kept trying to type on that little tiny keyboard. :D
The small keyboard is frustrating, but I do almost all of my "forum stuff" on my iPhone. My desktop is old and slow (like me!), and I just find it easier to use the phone.

Great looking knife, Kevin. I wonder if the 2020 Guardians will be ebony?

Thanks mate, your Harissa would have gone great with it :) I actually had some 'Yorkshire Chilli and Tomato Chutney' with it, and since it's a bit limp on the heat, loaded up with some of the Secret Aardvark @btb01 gave me at Xmas :thumbsup:

Ah, sounds tasty, Jack. Yes I remember that Secret Aardvark sauce - looks like they make some great condiments.:cool::thumbsup:

You were certainly there in spirit my friend :) I was looking at some photos of you sat in The Fat Cat just the other day, but would only post one with your permission :) There was a lot of positive interest in the knives in the pub, we ended up having quite a chat with our fellow drinkers :D :thumbsup:

Nice one mate. Feel free to post that pic. I’ve likewise got a couple of you from when we were out and about in Sheffield that I haven’t posted sans permission.;)

Scholarly post my friend, simply superb, and well worth savouring more than once I think :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I appreciate that my friend. I hope you have a great time with your mate visiting from France. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Chin, for a splendid read on my favorite lambsfoot the ebony.:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::D

Thanks Dave, I’m glad you like the ebony as well. That’s a fantastic picture.:cool::thumbsup:

Hi Chin, I like your assortment of hot stuff. That Bloody Mary must be very interesting.
Chin I realized that I had not read your entire post and I must say it read like prose. Just a beautifully rendered writing about your "trusty" user from A Wright. What a pleasurable read first thing in the morning for me to start my day. Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words, Bill.:) Yes that drink is for sippin’ only, unless you’re a masochist!:eek:

Great post Chin. :thumbsup:

Cheers Christian!:)

Cambertree Cambertree - I always greatly enjoy your thoughtful erudite posts Chin. Thank you my friend.

Thanks Dwight. I meant to mention that I used to have one of those Matchbox Unimogs. I painted it OD green from memory. I suppose it’s long gone now, but I’ll ask my younger brothers what happened to my Matchbox cars after I left home.:thumbsup:

Chin, what a fantastic post. I love how you’ve not only captured your feelings about your ebony lambsfoot, but also put yourself—and us through your words—into the minds of the folks who owned and used those extremely well worn examples.

Very interesting. Is my understanding correct that the effect of this is to approximate having a convex primary grind with a small secondary bevel?

Thanks Greg. Yes, if we were to be exact, I guess it’s more of a faceted grind. In the old days, I would have finished by fully convexing the edge by running it over some fine sandpaper on a leather substrate, but nowadays, my objective is just to reduce the contact area of the Sharpmaker rods to a very small edge area, in order to facilitate swift resharpening. And it improves the cutting feel, obviously, being thinner behind the edge.:):thumbsup:

Chin, another monumental, informative, illustrated, post. Thank you for the time and sharing your knowledge. Your photographic skills go hand in hand with your word-smithing.

Very kind of you my friend.:)

Chin, you have a gift for writing, my friend. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us and I always enjoy reading these posts of yours while drinking my morning coffee.
The lambshank is looking good as ever.

Cheers Kevin. I’ve been digging your miniatures series of pics lately, so I took the opportunity the other day, to take this quick snap of my three year old nieces 1/64th violin!:D

bikjNKP.jpg

Cambertree Cambertree Part of what makes Jack’s world of Lambfoot knives in the Guardians such a richly rewarding experience, is from contributions from members like yourself. Thoroughly enjoyable, Chin.:thumbsup:

Thanks very much Harvey. Likewise my friend - I always enjoy your posts and sumptuous Lambsfoot photography.:cool::thumbsup:

Cambertree Cambertree Really enjoyed your further review of your trusted Ebony companion, Chin. :thumbsup:

I appreciate that Mark.:)

Do love that fixed blade, Chin! What steel did you use?:):thumbsup:

Cheers Dennis. It’s Bohler Uddeholm D2 with a two day liquid nitrogen cryo quench, then temper x 2.;)

And the folding friend to the fixed!;):thumbsup:
Did you modify your stomach with....maybe Adamantium?:eek: I like hot, but mmmmm, no!:cool::thumbsup:

Ha ha, it’s interesting that tolerance to the superhot chillies builds up quite fast, but fades after a few days of not indulging.

A sip of that Bloody Mary gives a nice heat for a few minutes, then you’re ready for another.;)

But sometimes I get a reminder not to be too cavalier!

My nemesis is the Trinidad Seven Pot Brain Strain.:eek::D

I made the mistake of eating half a pod one morning in the garden, on an empty stomach. Oh, it was like having a white hot slug of molten lava sliding slowly down my throat! That really, really hurt, and laid me low for several hours!:eek::D:oops:

Most experienced superhot chilli pepper consumers only sample them after a full meal!:eek:

This English bloke does great chilli pepper reviews - he sounds like a stalwart Northerner, and obviously has an extreme capsaicin tolerance - but he was likewise felled by the fearsome Seven Pot Brain Strain!;):eek::D

fVIfCo2.jpg

zoE98UC.jpg

SUgqELh.jpg

Last edited:
I hope to be part of the club
48371550186_39a79086af_z.jpg

Â

But Â, you have such a pitiful collection of lamb foot knives and are, by established Guardian standards, a very poor photographer - no composition skills or artfulness whatsoever. Perhaps in time if you "up your game" your participation as a member might be considered. :( :rolleyes:

48371550186_39a79086af_z.jpg

Âchillepattada Âchillepattada - surely I jest. :D Knives & photo & composition are elegant and lovely! I am very happy to see this post. I think you are IN :thumbsup:

Ray

Last edited:
Taking Dutch and going training, have a wonderful day Guardians. Rosie will tag along.
IMG_1274.JPG

Man, nice armory you got there, Preston! Must have had a blast! All fun and games....till it comes down to cleaning that many!:eek::D:thumbsup:
Now you got me wanting to go out and put some rounds down range!:thumbsup:
Thanks Dennis, I have always loved firearms, glad I'm able to have what I have. You are the sure do a
Cool photo of the all seeing eye, Preston!:cool::thumbsup:
Yes it is, but, sorry it's not mine:D
Rosie's a handy girl to have in the kitchen, and a looker!;):thumbsup:
Now if she'd bring you a beer....
Right!! Thanks
Loos like you had some fun out at the range, Preston.
By far, my favorite pistol platform, Kevin, do it! I belong to a private range that's about 40 minutes from my house:thumbsup::)
Very kind of you my friend.:)
Thanks you, Chin, your hot pepper fixation brings tears to my eyes, but I love your photos of those heat bombs! I have a very low tolerance for hot and spicy.
Cambertree Cambertree Thank you Chin. Great video. Love Chillies.
View attachment 1167599
Great photo Harvey, what's the blue mold on that wonderful lambs cover?

@5K Qs - Thank you G.T. Your Black Jack is magnifico!

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Here’s to you having a great visit.

@JohnDF Have a wonderful time John.

Cambertree Cambertree Part of what makes Jack’s world of Lambfoot knives in the Guardians such a richly rewarding experience, is from contributions from members like yourself. Thoroughly enjoyable, Chin.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians
View attachment 1167316

Thank you very much Harvey, stellar pic :) :thumbsup:

I'm actually craving another one! I sent that recipe to my wife so maybe she'll think I'm not so crazy. :)

I've only tried Samuel Smith's, and it is delicious. :thumbsup:

LOL! :D They are excellent beers I think Vince, and very traditional :) Your talk of chip butties had me craving one, so I bought a 'round' of them for the guys on the tool-stall :D :thumbsup:

yE9XNzp.jpg

This A. Wright just in from Snowdonia, Wales U.K.. @Jack Black may know them. This is a Lambfoot with Buffalo Horn covers. It is a small knife at 3 3/8" long with a 2 5/8" long blade. The covers are very nice with multiple colors throughout them. Here are my normal pictures on a board but the covers are so nice and translucent, I took a couple shots outside. Some of you may recognize my old photograph backstop with the rock and cinder block.

jz7IHOK.jpg

kfDwz6O.jpg

ZH9azSe.jpg

qN3wKuY.jpg

If it's the firm I'm thinking of, I think I was actually at Wright's when that order was placed Ed :) It looks nice, and I'm looking forward to hearing how you find it :) :thumbsup:

This thread moves SO fast! I was catching up on the 50 pages or so that I was behind after being sick... When my wife surprised me with a camping trip to Leavenworth/Lake Wenatchee... So of course now I'm another 50 pages behind, lol.

I'm gonna read up a bit and I'll get some pics from the trip posted tonight or tomorrow (I brought the Ironwood Guardians and Ebony Waynorth along for the trip).

I'm feeling MUCH better.

Glad to hear you're all well again :) :thumbsup:

Smashing pic Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Love it! Some of them are really eyeballing your HHB!:p

That's some mean bean munching machine!:p
Like the others have stated, love the file work on your SHHB!:):thumbsup:

Thanks a lot buddy :) :thumbsup:

Thanks to a generous package from the Guardian-in-Chief, I'm ready for a hike, and can find my way home!!
Once again I find myself, gratefully, in appreciation of Jack's generosity! Thank you, my friend!:):thumbsup:
QTPALA6.jpg

And since I forgot to include my lamb with the photo, this one is me nerding out ( @JohnDF ) :D

View attachment 1167584

Nice pics Dennis, I'm glad the package made it my friend :) :thumbsup:

Back