Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I'm beginning to think I'm destined to never catch up in this thread, even using catch-up rules such as "respond to only one post per page". Last night before bed I selected a bunch of posts to which I planned to respond in the morning; when I got up, I found that my computer had decided on its own during the night to update the operating system and then restart, so all of my quotes were lost! So I had to go back through the same pages and re-quote. :mad:

Both restored car and HHB look real sharp, Bill! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That People's Wagon with AC on top must be very cool, Dwight! ;):cool::cool: Scary headlights! :D

That ebony WCLF is stupendous, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What's the translation of the Latin phrase?

Thanks, Dave & Bill & Jack. :)

Thanks, David, for noting Valley Jack and for researching the site of the original lunar landing! :):cool::cool:

Sure, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup: I edited the objectionable phrase out of a couple of recent posts in which I publicized my current obsession. "A rose by any other name ..." ;)

I love having mathematics show up in this thread!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excellent WIP post, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll put almost anything on a sandwich, in combination with almost anything else (although "chip buddy" has little appeal for me :rolleyes:), so I wasn't surprised that your PB&Spam was enjoyable. I never use white bread, but at least you had the sense to toast it, and I'd have but the banana slices in/on the sandwich.

Dramatic duo, too, P&G! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup:
Thanks, Dwight. :)

Charlie @waynorth , these are sensational comparisons! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I think they'll be an unforgettable pair of pics, and you, being the one who's personally responsible for bringing into existence two of the knives in each photo, must be incredibly proud, deservedly so, of the images!! :):thumbsup::cool:

Funny! :p:thumbsup: I don't think I'd ever heard this before, but I guessed it might be attributable to Groucho Marx. The history of the joke is very interesting: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/10/02/like-kipling/

That pic should come with a referral to a cardiologist, Harvey! What a heart-stopper! :cool::thumbsup::cool:;)

Thanks for building up Valley Jack, Dennis. :)
Your 2019 ironwood is noteworthy!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Almost ALL of my pics are recycled. :rolleyes:)

Love those ACs, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (Even if I didn't have it long enough in 2018 to name it my official Knife of the Year. ;):rolleyes:)

Here's a photo of Black Jack from a year ago:
View attachment 1167307

- GT
Thanks GT for the compliments on my collector car and HHB.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes, and since it was 19th century snuff, heaven knows what was in that box! :eek:

Nice pic David :thumbsup:

I think I may just have found the cure for insomnia! :eek: o_O :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Dkzkcwd.jpg

CoLzvpD.jpg

08hfzL8.jpg
Thanks a lot, Jack! :thumbsup:
Have you tried the counting sheep yet?:D

..............Very nice photo, Mark!

Don't need no jealousies or hurt feelings going on in the knife drawer!:D:thumbsup: Wonderful photo, Ron, rugged!:):thumbsup:

We had a BlackBerry bush when we lived out in the country, love some fresh fruit!:thumbsup:

Fantastic restoration job!:eek::thumbsup: Both are a class act!:thumbsup:

Great comparison shot, John! Both are dandy! That ebony...ump!:eek::thumbsup: Such a slick looking knife!:cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, Dennis! :thumbsup:
For some reason I seem to loose quotes of yours more readily than others. :confused:
Your nice comments are always appreciated and you've had some wonderful photos lately my friend!

Smashing pic Christian, and that's a great tip :) It also reminded me I had some nectarines in the kitchen, so I'm eating one right now! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Dwight, great pic of your DamLamb :) :thumbsup:

Wow, that's a fantastic photo Mark, I love the grain on your '19 :cool: :thumbsup:

I reckon that's probably true of most of us Vince! :D Great to see those 4 together, superb pic my friend :thumbsup:

Cool pic Christian :D :thumbsup:
Thank you, sir!

Jack Black Jack Black @paulhilborn - what a fitting gift! Well done!:cool:

I can only judge by visuals, and yours is looking good, Harvey!;):thumbsup: cigarrodog cigarrodog I had the wrong name down, sorry about that!:(

Sir, yes sir! Enjoy the simpler things in life, coffee, a Lambsfoot, and maybe a Nectarine !:cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much John!:):thumbsup:

Exactly, then they complain about the price!o_O:thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

And...what a grand photo of a gorgeous AC, Jack!:eek::thumbsup:

The Force is strong in this one, José!:D:thumbsup:

Those would certainly make a morning good! Great photo, Mark!:cool::thumbsup:

And it certainly is a beauty, Ron! Great shot!:):thumbsup:

Great knife, great photo, and cool tip!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks again, Dennis!:)

Gorgeous knife Mark, I'm curious as to the item up front, is it a tiny skullo_O or maybe it's my twisted imagination:eek::D

John and Jack, thank you for your nice comments on my traveling ebony:)
Thanks, Paul! We must both be twisted.:D It's a tiny bird skull I found in one of the wife's flower pots.
I loved the Iron lamb you sent to Jack!:thumbsup::cool:

Hi everyone. Hope your Tuesday was/is terrific!
Again and as always, great pics by everyone. So many pics, so little time :eek:

Lemme guess - east bay - Del Valle? Nice pic, fine lookin' knife :thumbsup:

Thank you for the thank yous :confused: Very nice pic :thumbsup:

Great pic - always impressed by your impressionism ;)

And a mighty fine pile it is :thumbsup:

Thank you. I always have a bugger of a time gettin' the Damacus to show the way I want but that one came out pretty good :rolleyes:

A remarkably righteous rendition :cool:

Great pic :thumbsup: No doubt about it, I'm gonna have to get a camera instead of using my cell phone. What do you use?

Absolutely stunning Ironwood shot :cool: Pic of the day :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great job on the edge. Lookin' mighty fine :thumbsup: :cool:

Two of the absolute best for Tuesday - what more can you ask? :cool:

Great shot :thumbsup: :cool: Do you have an avocado tree?

Mail Call
I think it was @WhittlinAway who put this up a while ago. Anyway, look out bass wood, here I come :)
View attachment 1166823
OG
Thanks so much, OG! :thumbsup:
Can't wait to see what comes out of the basswood.:thumbsup: That little blade looks mighty sharp; be careful!

Now the lost quotes:

@5K Qs I'm sure I had at least 3 entries of yours to reply to... and now, nothing.:mad:
:rolleyes: I seem to tend to lose quotes from you and from Dennis mitch4ging mitch4ging . I wonder if it has anything to do with the size of the post or numbers of characters? It's a bit irritating. Thank you for you thoughtful words and responses, they are always appreciated. Also, I couldn't get enough of your Ironwood Valley Jack last week. :cool: You have some really great photos of that beauty. (as well as your Rosewood)

@akaMatt Thanks for the nice words. Some great photos lately from you! I look forward to following your Waynorth patina progress!:thumbsup:

@cudgee Well done on the learning to post pics! Now, we will just want more and more!:D

@tmd_87 Taylor, what a fantastic heirloom rifle! Congrats, my friend and thanks for sharing it with us. We will want a report when you are able to put it to use.;)

@Cambertree Really enjoyed your further review of your trusted Ebony companion, Chin. :thumbsup:

flatblackcapo flatblackcapo Been loving your very creative photos! The one with the car in front of the house is my fav. :D:cool:

@WhittlinAway I always enjoy your posts, Greg. Thank you!

pjsjr pjsjr Yours is another that routinely drops from my list of quotes.:mad: I always enjoy your posts and look forward to hearing about you and Dutch's routine.
The "after range" photo was just great!:thumbsup:

@Pt-Luso Always enjoy the photos of your fine knives and seeing your country even if I don't get to say so.:thumbsup:

@Pàdruig Really like your recent posts showing your garden and food prep as well as your reliably fantastic photos.:thumbsup:

Fodderwing Fodderwing cigarrodog cigarrodog Love both of your guys photos. Too many great ones to comment on each one but know that I enjoy them all!

dc50 dc50 Dave, Tell Linda I really love seeing her paintings along with your fine collection, sir!:thumbsup:

@donn It's always a treat to peruse your posts, David! Thanks for taking the time to do so.:cool:

@JohnDF Thanks for the kind words and I always enjoy reading your posts. Have a great fishing trip!:thumbsup:

Prester John Prester John Great pics and posts lately, Vince! I used to live near enough to the Hormel plant to smell the Spam factory so I will pass on that.... Worst part was, every Sunday, they "burned the blood" from the weeks Spam production. Uggh- god-awful smell!!:thumbsdown: So glad I don't have to live anywhere near that now.:thumbsup:

I know I am forgetting some but will try to address them in a future post.

AMwWlpk.jpg

Last edited:
I do not have a avocado tree but I could probably save a lot of money if I did. :D
That is a fine lamb whittler you got there, I look forward to see what you create with it.

Thanks, Jack. I noticed the paint on the tire and wondered if someone painted it green. I have always seen them in red.

I feel your pain, GT. I think everyone understands if a fellow Guardian misses a quote or comment. The Lambsfoot train is definitely gaining steam.

Black Jack is a fine choice for this week. :thumbsup:

A pic of Jake helping me make lunch yesterday.
48359676737_a0e4f94fcb_h.jpg
Looks like healthy eats

@5K Qs - Thank you G.T. Your Black Jack is magnifico!

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Here’s to you having a great visit.

@JohnDF Have a wonderful time John.

@Cambertree Part of what makes Jack’s world of Lambfoot knives in the Guardians such a richly rewarding experience, is from contributions from members like yourself. Thoroughly enjoyable, Chin.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians
View attachment 1167316
That is some awesome stag

Those stag Lambsfoots look amazing, I have to have one :D. Does anyone have any comparison shots from the side that show the thickness of the stag on the Wrights?

Carrying my usual today
View attachment 1167308

Very nice :)

Here's a pic showing a handful of Hartsheads from above ;) :thumbsup:

NNUSsA9.jpg

Thanks a lot, Jack! :thumbsup:
Have you tried the counting sheep yet?:D

AMwWlpk.jpg

I tried watching it for a few minutes Mark, it's somewhat bizarre, and quite funny (not least because there are several language options) :rolleyes: I usually count my knives! :D :thumbsup:

Great pic of your '19 my friend :) :thumbsup:

I'm not the first to make a Spam and peanut butter sandwich:
https://www.spam.com/recipes/spam-pb-j

I didn't put jam in mine, though. Not a bad idea!
GQBbfQO.jpg

Them folks will recommend Spam with anything! :D You're talking yourself into it aren't you Vince?! :D ;) :thumbsup:

When I met up with @donn the other week, he gave me a fabulous Lancashire hospitality pack, which included a couple of great Lancashire-brewed ales :) Marble is actually one of my favourite breweries, and I love Imperial Stouts :) This 10.5% beauty is certainly no exception, Decadence indeed :) :thumbsup:

dfYew0M.jpg

I sure enjoyed that! :) :thumbsup:

Them folks will recommend Spam with anything! :D You're talking yourself into it aren't you Vince?! :D ;) :thumbsup:
I'm actually craving another one! I sent that recipe to my wife so maybe she'll think I'm not so crazy. :)
When I met up with @donn the other week, he gave me a fabulous Lancashire hospitality pack, which included a couple of great Lancashire-brewed ales :) Marble is actually one of my favourite breweries, and I love Imperial Stouts :) This 10.5% beauty is certainly no exception, Decadence indeed :) :thumbsup:
I've only tried Samuel Smith's, and it is delicious. :thumbsup:

This A. Wright just in from Snowdonia, Wales U.K.. @Jack Black may know them. This is a Lambfoot with Buffalo Horn covers. It is a small knife at 3 3/8" long with a 2 5/8" long blade. The covers are very nice with multiple colors throughout them. Here are my normal pictures on a board but the covers are so nice and translucent, I took a couple shots outside. Some of you may recognize my old photograph backstop with the rock and cinder block.

jz7IHOK.jpg

kfDwz6O.jpg

ZH9azSe.jpg

qN3wKuY.jpg

Last edited:
This thread moves SO fast! I was catching up on the 50 pages or so that I was behind after being sick... When my wife surprised me with a camping trip to Leavenworth/Lake Wenatchee... So of course now I'm another 50 pages behind, lol.

I'm gonna read up a bit and I'll get some pics from the trip posted tonight or tomorrow (I brought the Ironwood Guardians and Ebony Waynorth along for the trip).

I'm feeling MUCH better.

pjsjr pjsjr Yours is another that routinely drops from my list of quotes.:mad: I always enjoy your posts and look forward to hearing about you and Dutch's routine.
The "after range" photo was just great!:thumbsup:

AMwWlpk.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Mark that is a great photo, love the reflective qualities. I know what you guys mean about dropped quotes...I'm just not able to tell the ones that get dropped, so I could reply as you did. The size of the original and the quoted one must have something to do with it. I've said before that at times I have caught a quote go missing when I have had to change pages...either by me going forward or back a page or two.

Very nice :)

Here's a pic showing a handful of Hartsheads from above ;) :thumbsup:

NNUSsA9.jpg

I tried watching it for a few minutes Mark, it's somewhat bizarre, and quite funny (not least because there are several language options) :rolleyes: I usually count my knives! :D :thumbsup:

Great pic of your '19 my friend :) :thumbsup:

dfYew0M.jpg

Great photo of the HHBs and their stag covers, Jack. I think counting knives would be best...but then I might not get any sleep!
This A. Wright just in from Snowdonia, Wales U.K.. @Black Jack may know them. This is a Lambfoot with Buffalo Horn covers. It is a small knife at 3 3/8" long with a 2 5/8" long blade. The covers are very nice with multiple colors throughout them. Here are my normal pictures on a board but the covers are so nice and translucent, I took a couple shots outside. Some of you may recognize my old photograph backstop with the rock and cinder block.

jz7IHOK.jpg

kfDwz6O.jpg

ZH9azSe.jpg

qN3wKuY.jpg
Great looking knife Ed, that horn is really nice...neat reflection in the blade on that last photo.
This thread moves SO fast! I was catching up on the 50 pages or so that I was behind after being sick... When my wife surprised me with a camping trip to Leavenworth/Lake Wenatchee... So of course now I'm another 50 pages behind, lol.

I'm gonna read up a bit and I'll get some pics from the trip posted tonight or tomorrow (I brought the Ironwood Guardians and Ebony Waynorth along for the trip).

I'm feeling MUCH better.
Look forward to your report. So glad you're feeling better, being sick is a bummer!

cleaning and caring for the firearms. I might find a few uses for the lambsfoots, but the most important will be morale boosting and encouragement as I proceed.
Man, nice armory you got there, Preston! Must have had a blast! All fun and games....till it comes down to cleaning that many!:eek::D:thumbsup:
Now you got me wanting to go out and put some rounds down range!:thumbsup:
That Horn Lambsfoot is gorgeous.
Thank you very much, Harvey!:):thumbsup:
Good evening Guardians. A lot of fine Lambsfoot knives showing today.
a141b3d6-bc8b-4638-b105-1584a6f9fffb-jpeg.1167033
That really is a wonderful shot, Harvey!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks buddy and a great photo! :D
Thank you, kind sir!:thumbsup:
Goodnight Guardians
img_5445-jpeg.1167037
Another foto-tastic shot, Dwight!:eek::thumbsup:
Almost forgot the Lambsfoot content- recycled
He6eCTh.jpg
Looks great, the covers just glow!:cool::thumbsup:
Nice shot! Love that bone!;):thumbsup:
Morning Guardians, it looks like I have a little catching-up to do! :) :thumbsup:

e4Vo7pa.jpg
Love it! Some of them are really eyeballing your HHB!:p
Do love that fixed blade, Chin! What steel did you use?:):thumbsup:
I used my ol’ ebony Lambsfoot to slice up some fresh mustard habanero and some fine diced celery to go in it:

mNcJbtj.jpg
And the folding friend to the fixed!;):thumbsup:
Did you modify your stomach with....maybe Adamantium?:eek: I like hot, but mmmmm, no!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians.:):thumbsup:

ou2lfs.jpg
Another dandy double, José! Nice photo:cool::thumbsup:
Looks like a great way to start the day, Dave :)! A nice sunny photo.:cool:
Good Morning Pals
I think Mickey's got good taste in incredible knives, John!!;):thumbsup:
Thinking autumn thoughts until it arrives...
img_4908-jpeg.1167176
We can only hope for an early one!, but that photo provides temporary relief!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning, Guardians!
zEeJaPI.jpg
Nice photo, Vince! Great color in your stag!:):thumbsup:
This is especially posted for my fellow Trekkie, GT @5K Qs This one is now special among my small Sci-Fi collection...
:D:thumbsup: Cool score, John! Looks like he's handled lambs before!:cool::thumbsup:
Enjoy your fishing trip! More photos of your trophy fish required!
Great photo, Bill! Great coloring on your covers!:):thumbsup:
Cool photo of the all seeing eye, Taylor!:cool::thumbsup:. @tmd_87 I do apologize for the SNAFU on your name...I guess I need to do these earlier in the day. o_O:oops: Thanks for the alert Preston!:thumbsup: pjsjr pjsjr
I'm munching a few of the Tabasco jelly beans Vince sent me to cool down ;) I think I'm going to head to the market with some stag tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

bH3e9Oz.jpg
That's some mean bean munching machine!:p
Like the others have stated, love the file work on your SHHB!:):thumbsup:

Good day Guardians, Rosie is helping me prepare dinner...
IMG_1272.JPG
Rosie's a handy girl to have in the kitchen, and a looker!;):thumbsup:
Now if she'd bring you a beer....
Two fine examples of design excellence, the turbo frog and the Lambsfoot. :D:thumbsup:

48361066431_f2b797ce96_h.jpg
Too kool, Kevin! Both are keepers!:cool::thumbsup:
Your 2019 ironwood is noteworthy!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (Almost ALL of my pics are recycled. :rolleyes:)
Thank you very much, Gary!:) Glad I'm not the only recycler!:D:thumbsup:
Here's a photo of Black Jack from a year ago:
bj-kitchensill-jpg.1167307
Methinks Black Jack was a handsome fellow from the get go!:cool::thumbsup:
Back home with this Lambsfoot.
KUQkk73.jpg
Cool photo!:cool::thumbsup: Home is where the Lamb is!:D
I may go with the rosewood again tomorrow.
wGILIJc.jpg
Certainly a hardy Lamb, Vince!:cool::thumbsup: one will be on my get list soon!

Last edited:
I feel your pain, GT. I think everyone understands if a fellow Guardian misses a quote or comment. The Lambsfoot train is definitely gaining steam.
YES!
Between out right missing some posts, fumbling with my thumbs while trping on my phone, or maybe going to a different page and back, loosing quotes, it happens!:thumbsup:
A pic of Jake helping me make lunch yesterday.
48359676737_a0e4f94fcb_h.jpg
Looking good (and healthy), Kevin! Looks like you are getting some patina coming on.:thumbsup:
Good Afternoon Guardians
b1e4cba1-e731-47ad-a764-99ed588e6029-jpeg.1167316
Incredible colors with those covers, Harvey! Excellent job capturing it!:):thumbsup:
This just in! (Yes, I have a problem)

View attachment 1167323
:cool::thumbsup:
What a fantastic find!:eek::thumbsup:
Thank you, Dennis! :thumbsup:
For some reason I seem to loose quotes of yours more readily than others. :confused:
Your nice comments are always appreciated and you've had some wonderful photos lately my friend!
Thank you very much, Mark! I loose quotes, and won't realize it till I read others...:mad: No worries, my friend!
I know I am forgetting some but will try to address them in a future post.

AMwWlpk.jpg
What a Grand Green Grasshopper & Lambsfoot shot! So very vivid!:):thumbsup:
This 10.5% beauty is certainly no exception, Decadence indeed :) :thumbsup:

dfYew0M.jpg

What's not to enjoy in that photo! Things that make life more tolerable!:cool::thumbsup:
Oh sing a song of lambsfoot :p
77830b4e25885a67e1e270fb12496a90-jpg.1167388
my old photograph backstop with the rock and cinder block.

jz7IHOK.jpg

kfDwz6O.jpg

ZH9azSe.jpg
Some awsome horn going on there, Ed!:cool::thumbsup:
Thank you Mark. :cool:

img_8155-jpeg.1167504
Dwight, you make me want to be better with my photos and editing! Wonderful shot!:):thumbsup:

Thanks to a generous package from the Guardian-in-Chief, I'm ready for a hike, and can find my way home!!
Once again I find myself, gratefully, in appreciation of Jack's generosity! Thank you, my friend!:):thumbsup:
QTPALA6.jpg

And since I forgot to include my lamb with the photo, this one is me nerding out ( @JohnDF ) :D

starwars--598x713.png

Last edited:
That TEW is a peach Harry. The WCLF is a remarkable knife, one that has me more excited for a knife than I've been in a long time, but there's something magical about old Sheffield steel. :thumbsup:
I certainly agree with you on the Waynorth Lambfoot . I decided to retire my Old Taylors Eye Witness Lambfoot from using it for work but it still does not feel real comfortable leaving it in the drawer every morning .

Harry

Back