Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I love my revolvers, but my 1911 is the most fun to shoot. And such a classic!

The small keyboard is frustrating, but I do almost all of my "forum stuff" on my iPhone. My desktop is old and slow (like me!), and I just find it easier to use the phone.

Great looking knife, Kevin. I wonder if the 2020 Guardians will be ebony?
Thanks, Vince. I wouldn't complain one bit if there was a ebony 2020 but I think our illustrious enabler Jack Black Jack Black deserves a year or two off. :D
Speaking of revolvers, I think I need a Ruger Black Hawk too.

Cheers Kevin. I’ve been digging your miniatures series of pics lately, so I took the opportunity the other day, to take this quick snap of my three year old nieces 1/64th violin!:D

bikjNKP.jpg

I am glad you are enjoying the pics, Chin, I know I am diggin' the ones you posted.
Your post about your ebony Lamb had me digging out Betty yesterday. I even gave her a little tune up.

I hope to be part of the club
48371550186_39a79086af_z.jpg

Â
Welcome to the club!
Did you recover that Waynorth?

There it is! A fantastic no fuss no frills piece of pocket cutlery. :thumbsup:
By far, my favorite pistol platform, Kevin, do it! I belong to a private range that's about 40 minutes from my house:thumbsup::)

Afternoon folks, I'm just back from the market, and have a couple of hours to tidy up a bit before my pal gets here! ;) :thumbsup:

JLX46Un.jpg
I always like seeing that fancy HHB. :thumbsup:
Have a great time with your ol' pal, Jack

Thank you Kevin. I appreciate it.

Morning (afternoon and evening) all.......... moon beams on the lamb.....
img_0270-jpeg.1167761
Another fine photo, Dwight.

Yesterday's sharpening session with Betty.
48368438041_72e5d41f54_h.jpg

Another day of catching up. GREAT photos by everyone. I've really enjoyed perusing the pics. WTG :cool:
(had to butcher a lot of quoted posts to get under the character limit, sorry :()
Why I Love My £30 Ebony Lambsfoot Working Knife

3vvnmDj.jpg
Fantastic write-up :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you :)
Looks like a very good Bloody Mary.
Whenever I have one, I like to add some freshly ground black pepper.

I know what you mean OG, it can just turn out looking grey. I have to confess that I could put a lot more thought, time, and care into my pics. They are often taken quite hastily. When I go out walking, I'll take about 10 pics, while my girlfriend, with her fancy camera, is still setting up one :rolleyes: I just have a little Canon PowerShot SX620 HS, so if I get a good pic, it's mainly down to luck! :D I take a lot of pics, and delete a lot too! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. I've had a couple of Canons and I like 'em a lot. Time to do some research ;)
I will be heading out soon for another three day fishing trip with the family. I will take my laptop, but I don't expect my participation to be high for a few days. I will make sure to check in here though. :D

I'll leave you with a picture of another gift from my kids, with Lambsfoot content of course. :D
I've been trying to claim this statue for a couple of years and my son finally talked him down low enough on the price.
This is especially posted for my fellow Trekkie, GT @5K Qs This one is now special among my small Sci-Fi collection...

Set Lambsfoot to stun
Hope you catch a bunch! Tight Lines ;)
Oh sing a song of lambsfoot :p
View attachment 1167388
Ah life on the range - where men are men and the sheep are nervous :)
Ah, sounds tasty, Jack. Yes I remember that Secret Aardvark sauce - looks like they make some great condiments.:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Greg. Yes, if we were to be exact, I guess it’s more of a faceted grind. In the old days, I would have finished by fully convexing the edge by running it over some fine sandpaper on a leather substrate, but nowadays, my objective is just to reduce the contact area of the Sharpmaker rods to a very small edge area, in order to facilitate swift resharpening. And it improves the cutting feel, obviously, being thinner behind the edge.:):thumbsup:
Most experienced superhot chilli pepper consumers only sample them after a full meal!:eek:
This English bloke does great chilli pepper reviews - he sounds like a stalwart Northerner, and obviously has an extreme capsaicin tolerance - but he was likewise felled by the fearsome Seven Pot Brain Strain!;):eek::D

fVIfCo2.jpg
Peter piper's got nuthun on you :D

Â
Great Lambsfoot pic. That is a fantastic print :cool: Gotta have one! I found his shop on the 'net so more knives are gonna have to wait a bit. Very cool :thumbsup:

2PL8GsU.jpg

OG

Thanks, Vince. I wouldn't complain one bit if there was a ebony 2020 but I think our illustrious enabler Jack Black Jack Black deserves a year or two off. :D
He does, indeed. But he has had a 2017, 2018, and 2019 annual Guardians knife, so I was just thinking there might be one next year. But he deserves a break. I won't be wanting for knives!
Speaking of revolvers, I think I need a Ruger Black Hawk too.
Ruger is a good company, and they make a rugged gun.

Yesterday's sharpening session with Betty.
48368438041_72e5d41f54_h.jpg
One of the things I like about the lambsfoot is that it is easier to sharpen than most other shapes. Gonna make some guacamole with them avocados?

That horn is almost translucent.:thumbsup:

Another great photo my friend, and a nice vintage compass :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, it's part of a set.
unqH1LP.jpg

David donn donn - I liked that scenario of you and Jack discussing the Lambsfoot pattern in The Fat Cat in Sheffield, complete with knives laid out on the table and interested onlookers.

I have happy memories of doing the same with our Guardian-in-Chief, a couple of years ago, while enjoying a slice of their fine mushroom and ale pie and a pint of the good stuff.

GT @5K Qs , I collected some representative samples of more pasties from the other two bakeries in my town:

TXqg0yd.jpg

The Fat Cat only leaves happy memories...:D
There great looking pasties. Different pastry than what we'd get over here but they look delicious.

Why I Love My £30 Ebony Lambsfoot Working Knife

What a great write up! Really enjoyed reading that. :thumbsup:

This is especially posted for my fellow Trekkie, GT @5K Qs This one is now special among my small Sci-Fi collection...

Set Lambsfoot to stun

...Engage....

I have not seen Star Trek since I was a kid, but when I visit Huddersfield, I often go to a pub called The Sportsman with @ADEE. We sit in this corner :cool: :thumbsup:

JS141244828.jpg

I knew he wasn't a beer man!

The wheels of the bus go round and round...:D

Thanks, David, for noting Valley Jack and for researching the site of the original lunar landing! :):cool::cool:

Here's a photo of Black Jack from a year ago:
View attachment 1167307

- GT

Your welcome. :thumbsup: Black Jack is looking good. :thumbsup:

Those stag Lambsfoots look amazing, I have to have one :D. Does anyone have any comparison shots from the side that show the thickness of the stag on the Wrights?

Carrying my usual today
View attachment 1167308

46PGHY6.jpg

donn donn It's always a treat to peruse your posts, David! Thanks for taking the time to do so.:cool:
AMwWlpk.jpg

I looked at that without my specs on and for a second thought "crikey! Look at the size of that grasshopper!!" :eek: My next thought was then "thank God Preston has all that firepower" :D
Then I put my specs on. :rolleyes:

When I met up with donn donn the other week, he gave me a fabulous Lancashire hospitality pack, which included a couple of great Lancashire-brewed ales :) Marble is actually one of my favourite breweries, and I love Imperial Stouts :) This 10.5% beauty is certainly no exception, Decadence indeed :) :thumbsup:

dfYew0M.jpg

I sure enjoyed that! :) :thumbsup:

Glad you liked that Jack! :thumbsup:

I've only tried Samuel Smith's, and it is delicious. :thumbsup:

I've heard there's trouble at'th brewery but not sure what. :confused:

This A. Wright just in from Snowdonia, Wales U.K.. @Jack Black may know them. This is a Lambfoot with Buffalo Horn covers. It is a small knife at 3 3/8" long with a 2 5/8" long blade. The covers are very nice with multiple colors throughout them. Here are my normal pictures on a board but the covers are so nice and translucent, I took a couple shots outside. Some of you may recognize my old photograph backstop with the rock and cinder block.

jz7IHOK.jpg

kfDwz6O.jpg

ZH9azSe.jpg

qN3wKuY.jpg

What fantastic and unusual looking horn covers they are!

My nemesis is the Trinidad Seven Pot Brain Strain.:eek::D

I made the mistake of eating half a pod one morning in the garden, on an empty stomach. Oh, it was like having a white hot slug of molten lava sliding slowly down my throat! That really, really hurt, and laid me low for several hours!:eek::D:oops:

Most experienced superhot chilli pepper consumers only sample them after a full meal!:eek:

This English bloke does great chilli pepper reviews - he sounds like a stalwart Northerner, and obviously has an extreme capsaicin tolerance - but he was likewise felled by the fearsome Seven Pot Brain Strain!;):eek::D

fVIfCo2.jpg

zoE98UC.jpg

SUgqELh.jpg

Crikey! I'm 12,000 miles away and can feel the heat from here! :D

Â

What a great display!

Well I'm packing my bags for a weekend away in the wilds of northern England so as always my rosewood comes along on my outdoor trips. Great shots everyone and hope you all have a great weekend. :thumbsup:

C7E0695.jpg

Still playin' "catch-up" with the chores around the place since I was laid up in the spring, but I'm gettin' there with the help of my lambfoot pardners, carrying two very fine gifted models from the generous Mr. Black today:

Tm7govJ.jpg

Trouble w/ IMGUR today....

Last edited:
One of the things I like about the lambsfoot is that it is easier to sharpen than most other shapes. Gonna make some guacamole with them avocados?
I totally agree, the Lambsfoot makes for great work knives for that very reason.
No guacamole, not recently anyway. I have just been adding them to things, like this beans and rice bowl.

Well I'm packing my bags for a weekend away in the wilds of northern England so as always my rosewood comes along on my outdoor trips. Great shots everyone and hope you all have a great weekend. :thumbsup:

C7E0695.jpg
Have a great weekend, David.

48359509886_fb8877ef57_h.jpg

There is beans and rice under all that stuff, I swear. :D

Back