Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning, guardians! I have a lot of pages to make my way through today! Hope everyone has a good day!
mCBE3Kl.jpg

Ah, sounds tasty, Jack. Yes I remember that Secret Aardvark sauce - looks like they make some great condiments.:cool::thumbsup:

Nice one mate. Feel free to post that pic. I’ve likewise got a couple of you from when we were out and about in Sheffield that I haven’t posted sans permission.;)

I appreciate that my friend. I hope you have a great time with your mate visiting from France. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave, I’m glad you like the ebony as well. That’s a fantastic picture.:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words, Bill.:) Yes that drink is for sippin’ only, unless you’re a masochist!:eek:

Cheers Christian!:)

Thanks Dwight. I meant to mention that I used to have one of those Matchbox Unimogs. I painted it OD green from memory. I suppose it’s long gone now, but I’ll ask my younger brothers what happened to my Matchbox cars after I left home.:thumbsup:

Thanks Greg. Yes, if we were to be exact, I guess it’s more of a faceted grind. In the old days, I would have finished by fully convexing the edge by running it over some fine sandpaper on a leather substrate, but nowadays, my objective is just to reduce the contact area of the Sharpmaker rods to a very small edge area, in order to facilitate swift resharpening. And it improves the cutting feel, obviously, being thinner behind the edge.:):thumbsup:

Very kind of you my friend.:)

Cheers Kevin. I’ve been digging your miniatures series of pics lately, so I took the opportunity the other day, to take this quick snap of my three year old nieces 1/64th violin!:D

bikjNKP.jpg

Thanks very much Harvey. Likewise my friend - I always enjoy your posts and sumptuous Lambsfoot photography.:cool::thumbsup:

I appreciate that Mark.:)

Cheers Dennis. It’s Bohler Uddeholm D2 with a two day liquid nitrogen cryo quench, then temper x 2.;)

Ha ha, it’s interesting that tolerance to the superhot chillies builds up quite fast, but fades after a few days of not indulging.

A sip of that Bloody Mary gives a nice heat for a few minutes, then you’re ready for another.;)

But sometimes I get a reminder not to be too cavalier!

My nemesis is the Trinidad Seven Pot Brain Strain.:eek::D

I made the mistake of eating half a pod one morning in the garden, on an empty stomach. Oh, it was like having a white hot slug of molten lava sliding slowly down my throat! That really, really hurt, and laid me low for several hours!:eek::D:oops:

Most experienced superhot chilli pepper consumers only sample them after a full meal!:eek:

This English bloke does great chilli pepper reviews - he sounds like a stalwart Northerner, and obviously has an extreme capsaicin tolerance - but he was likewise felled by the fearsome Seven Pot Brain Strain!;):eek::D

zoE98UC.jpg

SUgqELh.jpg

I'm very impressed with it Chin :)

Here's my pic of Chin in the Fat Cat folks :) It brings back very happy memories :) :thumbsup:

PvQC9YT.jpg

I'm not sure if it's the record-breaking temperatures here that have me wiping my brow, or your photos Chin! :D That's some serious HEAT there brother! :eek: :thumbsup:

@Cambertree Thank you Chin. Great video. Love Chillies.
View attachment 1167599

Great pic of your Slater Harvey :) :thumbsup:

I hope to be part of the club
48371550186_39a79086af_z.jpg

Â

Welcome to the Guardians good sir, please be sure to read this :) Love the cats! :D :thumbsup:

Dwight, you make me want to be better with my photos and editing! Wonderful shot!
A very nice compliment Dennis. Thank you.

I have been enjoying your nature themed Lambsfoot pics lately, good stuff.
Thank you Kevin. I appreciate it.

I wonder if the 2020 Guardians will be ebony?
There can never be enough ebony! :rolleyes:

Thanks Dwight. I meant to mention that I used to have one of those Matchbox Unimogs. I painted it OD green from memory. I suppose it’s long gone now, but I’ll ask my younger brothers what happened to my Matchbox cars after I left home
I have loved Unimogs ever since seeing them in the Bolivian jungle performing amazing feats. The ultimate 4x4 imo.
I really enjoyed seeing the pic of you in Fat Cats when visiting Jack. Here's to miniature Unimogs and violins Chin! (and hot peppers) :D
Cheers Kevin. I’ve been digging your miniatures series of pics lately, so I took the opportunity the other day, to take this quick snap of my three year old nieces 1/64th violin

I hope to be part of the club
48371550186_39a79086af_z.jpg

Â
Great pic  and welcome!

Taking Dutch and going training, have a wonderful day Guardians. Rosie will tag along.
I'm gonna start calling you Drill Sargent Preston! :D

Smashing pic Dwight
Thanks pal.

Morning (afternoon and evening) all.......... moon beams on the lamb.....
IMG_0270.jpeg

IMG_20190725_113525.jpg
Good afternoon gentleman, or whatever time it is in your part of the world :D

I finally got a stag on the way, I'm looking forward to it but don't know if it'll get as much pocket time as this one. I love the feel of the wood and how slim it is.
With the rising popularity of this pattern with us knife nuts I certainly hope the rest of the U.S. discovers its virtues, at least enough to convince more makers to start making some.

I love all types of patterns but haven't found anything as beautiful and utilitarian as the Lambsfoot. All I want now is more handle options like nice peachseed bone :thumbsup:

Taking Dutch and going training, have a wonderful day Guardians. Rosie will tag along.
IMG_1274.JPG

Thanks Dennis, I have always loved firearms, glad I'm able to have what I have. You are the sure do a

Yes it is, but, sorry it's not mine:D

Right!! Thanks

By far, my favorite pistol platform, Kevin, do it! I belong to a private range that's about 40 minutes from my house:thumbsup::)

Thanks you, Chin, your hot pepper fixation brings tears to my eyes, but I love your photos of those heat bombs! I have a very low tolerance for hot and spicy.

Great photo Harvey, what's the blue mold on that wonderful lambs cover?
Thank you Preston. Lovely outdoorsy image of your Lambsfoot.

I often rely on stream of consciousness when making images. This is glitter paste that my wife uses to highlight her hair and eyes.:)

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. I hear the the Uk is going through a warm spell. Stay cool. That chip buttie looks yummy, especially with your HH Barlow. Great portrait of Chin.

Half/Stop Half/Stop Thank you Ron. Love your Ebony - red, white, and blue image.

Good Morning Guardians.

I was an avowed wharncliffe fan, but the WCLF has me re-examining previously held beliefs. It's not that I favor the lambsfoot more now, but rather a realization that first and foremost, I like traditional knives. Not slipjoints, but traditional knives. Knives with old school covers, all-steel construction, and an aesthetic that is mostly missing from today's offerings. I like knives with vintage styling.

48373639521_1b86ee65d9_b.jpg

WCLF with hundred-year old harness jack

I think that's why I'm so drawn to the WCLF. Look at her, she is just so classically beautiful. If you were to go back in time and give a Yorkshireman from a hundred years ago one of Charlie's WCLFs, he'd immediately recognize it. He probably wouldn't even take note, that's how faithful this SFO is to the oldies. The only thing he'd probably wonder about is this new firm Waynorth Cutlery.

Do they leave for school at about the same time?
They leave fairly close together, one in late August and the other early September.

Have a wonderful time John.
Thank you, it was a relaxing trip. :cool::thumbsup:

Have a great fishing trip!:thumbsup:
Thank you, it was a lot of fun. :cool::thumbsup:

I'm feeling MUCH better.
So glad you are FINALLY feeling better. :cool::thumbsup:

I think Mickey's got good taste in incredible knives, John!!;):thumbsup:
Thanks, Dennis. Micky always has good taste. :):thumbsup:

Cool score, John! Looks like he's handled lambs before!:cool::thumbsup:
Well, he is a fine Englishman. :D:D:D

Enjoy your fishing trip! More photos of your trophy fish required!
Thanks, Dennis. We all enjoyed it. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks to a generous package from the Guardian-in-Chief, I'm ready for a hike, and can find my way home!!
Once again I find myself, gratefully, in appreciation of Jack's generosity! Thank you, my friend!:):thumbsup:
QTPALA6.jpg
What a great gift from Jack Black Jack Black , knowing you are a fellow compass fan. :cool::thumbsup:

And since I forgot to include my lamb with the photo, this one is me nerding out ( JohnDF JohnDF ) :D
View attachment 1167584
What a GREAT picture, Dennis. I'm jealous of the model/drone. Don't blow up any stars :D:thumbsup:

Good (late) Morning Guardians... I'm back!

I had a great trip to the mountains with the family. No wifi, no cell service, no electricity, just a bunch of fishing, talking, and playing. :cool::thumbsup:

The only knife I toted...

Caught a whole bunch of these little guys. :cool::thumbsup:

Even had some entertainment... Fox vs Bobcat this morning. :D:thumbsup:
Sorry the picture is blurry, it was a little too far for my phone camera. But at least you can kinda see 'em...

Back