Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning everyone, hope you all have a good weekend:) I am posting a photo, unfortunately it is taken from a paper and is lacking detail. It is an array of memorabilia from Dandenong Stock Sale yards, it was the last sale complex in metropolitan Melbourne to close in December 1998. They have a small sale ring left as a small museum, so those days are not completely forgotten. I remember being taken there as a kid by my dad and it was a thriving vibrant hub of activity. They had designated cattle, dairy cattle and sheep sale days. And once a fortnight they had a horse sale day. The whole area has been taken over by suburbia, and is nothing like it was. Would be the same as Sheffield i presume. The leather pouch is made by an Australian saddlery company, it is a watch pouch, which farmers and stockman can place their wrist watch and keep on their belt to protect the watch. I use it as a coin pouch when i am wearing pants that do not have a fob pocket, you can carry a small pocket knife in it as well, very handy. Take care everyone.;):thumbsup:

Last edited:
That one really has some character Dennis
Thank you very much, Jack!:):thumbsup:
Very cool photo! Looks like an old barn door...:cool::thumbsup:
Thought I'd do some sharpening while I was waiting :thumbsup:

RcZ58R6.jpg
Looks like those Lambs have some teeth, Jack!:D:thumbsup:
Then I got a message from a member here, @Nal0n , who asked for my address and sent me the A.Wright & Sons Lambfoot big'un that I posted on the first page of this thread.
Z0QufOdl.jpg

It was such a kind gesture, and part of the reason I associate the Lambsfoot pattern with friendship and generosity, even before Jack started this epic thread.
Those are the ones that mean the most! Nice, Rachel. :):thumbsup:
Picked up this Acme Guide whistle the other day :)

7PFgrjT.jpg
Very cool, Jack! Are you a whistle collector as well?
Thank you so very much for the generous gesture my friend!!:thumbsup::eek:
Fantastic photograph, Vince!:cool::thumbsup:
Congrats to Jack, and all of the Guardians, for the 1500 page milestone in this thread!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup::)
Jack, thanks for the generous GAW! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm in, but if I win, please send the prize to Rachel @r8shell ; those Texans need all the help they can get! ;)
View attachment 1194596

- GT
More great generosity shown here, Gary!:):thumbsup: And a great photo as well!:thumbsup:
And the winner is...

TEOgrol.jpg

Congratulations Gary :) Would it be possible for you to take a pic of your Lambsfoot collection, so that I can see what you have? :thumbsup:
Fantastic!
Great giveaway, Jack, and congratulations Gary 》>>Rachel!
Just amazing the generosity shown by ALL here in the very special part of the porch!:):confused:
Good Morning Guardians. My wife surprised me with an early BD(21st) Pepperidge Farm Confetti cake as good as the sample from the bakery.
52e71e3f-bd64-4282-9fc2-3f76f0a73204-jpeg.1194660
Not sure how to read the "21" part, so I'll just say Happy 21st birthday!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great looking cake...mmmm, cake, and Lamb!;):thumbsup:
Chippy" my little friend that I presented to you yesterday ....
@r8shell called him "cute" and wanted to be the subject for today's post and be present on page 1501 of the Guardians :)
GU6BFos.jpg
....but where's Dale?? :p:thumbsup:
Cool buddy you have, and cool photos!:cool::thumbsup:
Congrats, Gary, and thanks to Jack and all the Guardians for such great photos!
When you're house-bound, a little color can sure brighten the day! :thumbsup: :)
Indeed!
Hope you're healing up ok?:):thumbsup:
@WhittlinAway Thanks for your great question about everyone's interest in the Lamb Foot, the Gaurdians and the porch. One thing i forgot to mention is the quick wit and dry sense of humor that is bantered around on the "Porch".There are some very quick and funny people on the porch with some great banter and posts. This seems to me, to be a lot more prevalent on the "Porch", which just shows the good people that gravitate towards the "Gaurdians". I have found everyone's posts about how they became involved with their affection for the Lamb Foot, most interesting reading.:):thumbsup:. Now to more important matters, after publicly coming out about my "addiction" issues, this is the problem everyone on the "Porch" has. Take note and be warned.:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused::confused:
JVs1aeb.jpg
:cool::thumbsup:
Cool sheath and a awsome looking Lambsfoot!!:cool::thumbsup:

@r8shell Congratulations! :) After reading back through the posts for the last couple of days I realized that Gary @5K Qs had passed his winnings on to you. :thumbsup: I think that’s a super nice gesture Gary! You two are both great ambassadors for the Lambsfoot! Again congratulations to you both and thanks to Mr. Jack Black Jack Black for his generosity! :D
Nicely put, Ron!;):thumbsup:
I've been mostly keeping up with this thread in terms of reading the posts, but I haven't responded to any posts for almost two weeks. About that time, a 36" circumference limb fell off an old oak tree in the front yard and punched a couple of sizable holes completely through the roof, cracked a rafter, and tore off numerous shingles. So roof repairs, debris clean-up, consultations with tree guys, and correspondence with insurance people have occupied a substantial part of my time. Oh, and a new semester started a couple of days after the limb came down, and I'm teaching one class again, so that cuts into my "play time". :rolleyes: Less than two weeks didn't sound like such a big deal for catching up, but then I noticed it was almost 40 pages!! :eek: So in honor of Columbus Day coming up in about a month, I restricted my search for posts to quote to those on page 1492 or higher (basically since Monday, I think), and ignored MANY posts that were quote-worthy. :(
Man, sorry to hear you've had so much on your plate, Gary! Hope it's getting back to normal for you!;):thumbsup:
everyone appreciates all the effort and caring you invest in your personalized multi quotes! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gotta appreciate the patina on your ironwood lamb, too! :thumbsup:
Thank you so very much for the kind words Gary, I have to say it's difficult to receive such comments...very uncomfortable, but also appreciated!
Good morning Guardians.;):thumbsup:

Neat picture, José!
If the coin only had one helix, would it only be worth a pound?:D:thumbsup:
My Lambsfoot for Thursday is my Waynorth Jigged Bone! ;) Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

48415439422_9761b0ce4c_b_d.jpg
Looking good, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:
There should be a lot of knife handles in that!
Pain in the butt, though; glad it wasn't more serious.

Oops, lambsfoot-
00Mgpx1.jpg
Looks like Cool Kitty is Guarding the Guardian!:D:thumbsup: Cool foto!
A Walk in Nature” # 30
H71sx0y.jpg
Another eye popping shot, Dan!:eek::thumbsup: ( though I'm missing Chip :D)
I like questions like: "You have three apples. How many apples do you have?"
That's more like it!:cool::thumbsup: My brother is an engineer at Los Alamos, plays with math for fun, but me... I can count my toes and come up with a different number every time.:(
Hope everyone is having a good day :) :thumbsup:

3qGoVXk.jpg
A grand shot, Jack!:):thumbsup: Looks like a peaceful area!:thumbsup:
I saw that movie: The Science of the Lambs. ;) :D
:p:thumbsup:
Howdy Guardians!! Be wary today- keep on the lookout - my Black Widow on her perch ready to strike:eek::rolleyes:

I021pwD.jpg
The Black Widow looks Wicked, Ed!:cool::thumbsup:
Great look at your Ebony Lamb, Dennis. Best wishes for your continued recovery.
Thank you very much, Harvey!:):thumbsup:
That one is actually the Ironwood, don't have an Ebony...yet!:D
What incredible Scarlet Snake Scales, Sir!! ("covers" didn't go as smooth:D) Beautiful photo, Harvey!:)
Last evenings BBQ staring Henderson's Relish courtesy of Jack :thumbsup:;)
View attachment 1195121
It seems like you and Jack "relish" food!:p:thumbsup:
But yeah, that makes me hungry!:eek:
Nice on the go shot of your HHB, Taylor!
Take care everyone.;):thumbsup:
Cool Lamb and pouch!:cool::thumbsup:
My Sister and BIL have an auction once a month in rural Oklahoma, selling cattle, horses and all sorts of tac. Not too many left.

Mine today...
20190909_191102-2125x1712.jpg

And a link for Gary, John and all you mafmatichins....or if you're a fan of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the answer is "42"...
http://news.mit.edu/2019/answer-life-universe-and-everything-sum-three-cubes-mathematics-0910

:D:thumbsup:

Man, sorry to hear you've had so much on your plate, Gary! Hope it's getting back to normal for you!;):thumbsup:

Thank you so very much for the kind words Gary, I have to say it's difficult to receive such comments...very uncomfortable, but also appreciated!

Neat picture, José!
If the coin only had one helix, would it only be worth a pound?:D:thumbsup:

Looks like Cool Kitty is Guarding the Guardian!:D:thumbsup: Cool foto!

Another eye popping shot, Dan!:eek::thumbsup: ( though I'm missing Chip :D)

That's more like it!:cool::thumbsup: My brother is an engineer at Los Alamos, plays with math for fun, but me... I can count my toes and come up with a different number every time.:(

:p:thumbsup:

The Black Widow looks Wicked, Ed!:cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Harvey!:):thumbsup:
That one is actually the Ironwood, don't have an Ebony...yet!:D
What incredible Scarlet Snake Scales, Sir!! ("covers" didn't go as smooth:D) Beautiful photo, Harvey!:)

It seems like you and Jack "relish" food!:p:thumbsup:
But yeah, that makes me hungry!:eek:

Nice on the go shot of your HHB, Taylor!

Cool Lamb and pouch!:cool::thumbsup:
My Sister and BIL have an auction once a month in rural Oklahoma, selling cattle, horses and all sorts of tac. Not too many left.

Mine today...
View attachment 1195425

And a link for Gary, John and all you mafmatichins....or if you're a fan of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the answer is "42"...
http://news.mit.edu/2019/answer-life-universe-and-everything-sum-three-cubes-mathematics-0910

:D:thumbsup:
Great painting, and the Lamb Foot is simply superb. You have a good weekend mate.

See: it's lambsfoot science! :D

Worth a special mention in the thread index I think Greg :cool: :thumbsup:

I saw that movie: The Science of the Lambs. ;) :D

:D :thumbsup:

Howdy Guardians!! Be wary today- keep on the lookout - my Black Widow on her perch ready to strike:eek::rolleyes:

I021pwD.jpg

Entrancing ebony Ed :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack Black Jack Black . I saved the reference and will have to look into it.

Hope it brings back some happy memories for you Ed :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - You had asked about the Ti guitar. It was from a maker(not Vox), whose name escapes me. Sorry about that. Splendid food shots.

Good Morning Guardians
View attachment 1195077

Thnks for the info Harvey, and for the compliment. My Vox tool is like this:

crkt-snailor-voxnaes-bottle-opener-keychain-tool-9006-32.jpg

Last evenings BBQ staring Henderson's Relish courtesy of Jack :thumbsup:;)
View attachment 1195121

Mmmmmmm :) :thumbsup:

No PM necessary Jack Black Jack Black . I'll edit my post. Post edited.

It was my reply that I thought would be inappropriate rather than your post Ed :) I've PMed you some info :thumbsup:

Good morning everyone, hope you all have a good weekend:) I am posting a photo, unfortunately it is taken from a paper and is lacking detail. It is an array of memorabilia from Dandenong Stock Sale yards, it was the last sale complex in metropolitan Melbourne to close in December 1998. They have a small sale ring left as a small museum, so those days are not completely forgotten. I remember being taken there as a kid by my dad and it was a thriving vibrant hub of activity. They had designated cattle, dairy cattle and sheep sale days. And once a fortnight they had a horse sale day. The whole area has been taken over by suburbia, and is nothing like it was. Would be the same as Sheffield i presume. The leather pouch is made by an Australian saddlery company, it is a watch pouch, which farmers and stockman can place their wrist watch and keep on their belt to protect the watch. I use it as a coin pouch when i am wearing pants that do not have a fob pocket, you can carry a small pocket knife in it as well, very handy. Take care everyone.;):thumbsup:

Very interesting :thumbsup:

Very cool, Jack! Are you a whistle collector as well?

Thanks Dennis, I have a few old whistles, and pick them up occasionally, but I often give them away :thumbsup:

Mine today...
View attachment 1195425

Thanks again Dennis, nice pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

That looks very tasty Dave :) :) :thumbsup:

Mine today...
20190909_191102-2125x1712-jpg.1195425
Thank you for the compliments Dennis! :) That’s a beautiful Horn Lambsfoot my friend! :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, this week has gone fast for me, I hope everyone has had a good one. The weekend is nearly upon us again :) I'm stepping out with Lucy today :) :thumbsup:

mkJGN86.jpg
Good morning Jack! I hope you and Lucy have a great day and weekend! :thumbsup: :)

Back