Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks, Jack. :) I've been planning to do a flock foto for a while, but it hasn't happen

That looks delicious, Jack :thumbsup::):thumbsup:, but where do you get the gravy? I think of gravy as a by-product of preparing meat, but the meat is already in the pie, right? Can you buy containers of "independent" gravy to use as needed?

- GT

That gravy came out of a packet I'm afraid Gary, I do like making a good gravy, but if I'm on my own, I don't always bother :rolleyes:

278347-Bisto-Gravy-Granules-170g1.jpg

Thank you Jack, and thank you, @5K Qs (if he's surely sure)
and thank you to all the folks who wished congratulations. :)
Here's a picture of my flock:
0AV02o6.jpg

Very nice collection Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Maybe you'll get an ivory! ;)
Congrats!

I laughed out loud. :D

I don't think Customs would be too happy about that! :eek:

Congrats @r8shell !
@5K Qs - you must be one of the luckiest men alive!:D I've never seen someone get picked randomly so many times! I hope you play the lottery- seriously, you must have mad karma points built up!:D Nice gesture to pass it on to R8shell.:thumbsup:
Thanks Jack Black Jack Black for all the fun!:thumbsup:
ds9A99B.jpg

You're right Mark - spooky! :D Thank you my friend, lovely pic of your '19 :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - That reminds me of a Bridie Beef Pie we used to get when I was stationed in Scotland. I believe they originated in Forfar, Scotland which was just a few miles from Edzell Base where I was stationed.

This may be of interest Ed ;) :thumbsup:

CONGRATS @r8shell Cheers to Jack!!!

Carrying this damlamb!
Gh5EAOY.jpg

Thanks Taylor, great to see your spectacular DamLamb :) :thumbsup:

Mate, mate. After seeing that, today i am driving over to Daylesford, about 30 miles away from where i am staying to get a pie. There is a fantastic little pie shop there. I have some locally grown spuds, this is a big spud growing area, you can buy them off the side of the road, it is the honesty system. Tonight, Pie, Spuds, Peas, and i do make a good gravy and there is some homemade apricot worstershire sauce that has been left in the pantry for me. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sounds fantastic pal, hope you had a great feed :) :thumbsup:

Good day, folks. I have a lot to catch up on here. I had a post prepared from last week that I never got around to sharing. Work had gotten particularly busy and my forum presence got scarcer as a result.

Better late than never, I suppose.

When I go hunting, I often salve my disappointment in my lack of big game with the auxiliary pursuit of mushroom gathering. These fine specimens were a couple that got pulled from a rather large patch. For those of you who might not be aware, they are known as Lobster Mushrooms and are incredibly choice and quite tasty.

cnphmI2.jpg

I brought them home with the specific intent of making a pasta dish. In the past, I've made elk & lobster mushroom stroganoff, teriyaki lobster mushroom yakisoba, among other dishes. It is a rather versatile mushroom and its unique flavor and firm consistency make it an ideal choice for all sorts of culinary delights.

When you gather wild musrooms you do not wash them with water, you simply wipe/brush off the forest dirt and debris. After I cleaned them up a bit, I sliced them up into sizable chunks and set them aside. Note that the Lambsfoot makes for an excellent kitchen companion.

GsnEFNn.jpg

While I was preparing the noodles (angel hair (I forget the proper name)), I cut up some onion and green beans, the latter being fresh from my garden.

2i3hdJ2.jpg

I began to saute the onions and beans, adding seasoning and garlic. After they began to soften, I added the mushrooms.

EeumE75.jpg

A splash of white whine!

o41cNwk.jpg

A beer for myself (a potzdorf rauchbier (smoked larger)). Absolutely delightful!

Nw2OvJO.jpg

I cut up some fresh tomatoes from my garden to serve as a sort of garnish. At this time, I added spinach to cook down and bit and the grated parmesan and cream to get a bit of a sauce going.

KcAztwh.jpg

Though the resulting pasta was very tasty and fulfilling, I mucked up the sauce pretty good and the dish ended up being a bit stickier than I wanted. I guess I will need to perfect that part of the dish for the next time.

KYBmcJN.jpg

Stellar post Dylan! :cool: Those mushrooms look great, we don't get those here I'm afraid :thumbsup:

Sorry for the plumbing problem. I feel your pain. Went through the plumbing fiasco last Friday. Wife noticed water seeping in under the master bedroom and bathroom walls. After a little quick deduction I realized it was from the copper water main coming into the house. Had to take out a section of drywall wall in bedroom and part of the ceiling. The copper pipe had a pinhole spraying water up in the attic and running down the wall. Shut off water supply, cut out bad section of pipe and fitted a new section of copper pipe and made new connection to pex. Funny thing is the pipe in the wall looks new but in the attic subjected to the heat and humidity of SW FL it just corroded out. Still drying the wall out with fans. Had to cover the ceiling with a makeshift cover to keep the heat out and the AC in. Soon as it is good and dry I will lay in new drywall, apply the knock down finish and repaint. Saved a bunch of money fixing it myself but it ruined my weekend off and the upcoming one doing drywall doesn't look like fun either.
AqQNOUe.jpg

Thank you my friend, it wasn't too serious on this occassion, but I've had some bad plumbing emergencies in the past. Sorry to hear about your problems there, I hope everything is sorted and dried out soon :thumbsup:

I've been mostly keeping up with this thread ...

Bill, Harvey, José, Jack, Mark, and Vince:
Stunning stag HHBs you all have posted this week!!! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup::cool:

That 2-blade model really appeals to me, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Looks very similar to my evening meal most nights, Greg! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I slice up a bunch of vegetables (and maybe some fruits and/or meat), but instead of letting it stew for a couple of hours, I just "nuke" it for 5 or 6 minutes total, and I'm good to go!

Excellent image, Charlie! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Top-drawer pairing with your stag HHB and jigged bone WCLF, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: What a year for astounding new lambsfoot patterns!

Thanks, Jack; those ACs are certainly photogenic! :)

I'm very honored that you would enter on my behalf, José. :):cool: I thought about asking that you get the prize if I win, but then decided that might make Jack's brain explode! :D:eek: If your name were drawn, then I'd win, but if I win, then the prize goes to you, but if you win the prize it gets sent to me, ... In the interest of Jack's (precarious?? :p) mental health, I decided to enter for @r8shell instead. :rolleyes:

Glad you didn't have to wait ALL day for the plumber, and that you could sharpen some lambs foots while waiting, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Most non-Texans would say that the statement I bolded is exactly why you Texans need help!! ;):D:D I posted a pic to enter the GAW that I took at my vacation place, and if it had the mojo to win, I thought I'd give you the credit for memorializing the vacation locale on the scrimshaw you did for me! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

- GT

Thanks all the kind words Gary, much appreciated my friend :) Yes, what a year it has been for the Lambsfoot! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

We wouldn't want poor Jack's head to explode, would we?

No, no exploding heads please! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black , wonderful rapid giveaway. Some great pictures posted as entries, and it was fun to follow it this morning until its conclusion. Congrats @5K Qs & @r8shell !

L'il Lambsfoot seems to have the same kind of problem Jack's HHB has... It won't be put aside and insists on being with me most days. Recycled photo from the book thread this morning, but I've been very well served with this little guy lately. Action's smoothing out nicely, slowly forming a patina, and just plain comfy to hold and use.

M6wl2mf.jpg

Thanks Mike, really nice to see how much you have taken to that one :) :thumbsup:

I’m late going through today’s posts, but I’m thrilled at how it turned out. Huge thanks as always to Jack Black Jack Black ,and congratulations to @5K Qs and @r8shell! What a select trio!

I’ll be carrying this Lambsfoot for the next several days.
qizs1xe.jpg

Thanks Dave, a good solid choice my friend :thumbsup:

My blade is almost camouflaged from the patina.
XC8zv1s.jpg

Love the character of your cougar-clawed AC :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
First test of the year for my Algebra classes.
Fingers crossed that I prepared my students well enough.

Good luck to all your students John :thumbsup:

“A Walk in Nature” # 30
H71sx0y.jpg

RIx4oOy.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

Fantastic Dan :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day :) :thumbsup:

3qGoVXk.jpg

:D :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

I don't want to take the thread further off-topic... But I love this!!!

I'm thrilled you like it, John! But, who are you calling off-topic? ;)

That question, and the realization that a proper lambsfoot must have positive values for both a and b in its spine equation in that graph, is the mathematical basis for this easy do-it-yourself check for whether your straight edge blade is a lambsfoot.

1. Place the blade, with the tip pointing to the left, on the right edge of a piece of paper.
2. Trace the outline of the blade.
3. Using a ruler, extend the edge line and the spine line towards the left edge of the paper.
4. If the lines noticeably converge, it's a lambsfoot. If they don't, it's not.

G6s99uCh.jpg

See: it's lambsfoot science! :D

The pace here, often is like F1’s(My current favorite sport). Easy to miss responses. Here’s a couple I found:

Jack Black Jack Black - You had asked about the Ti guitar. It was from a maker(not Vox), whose name escapes me. Sorry about that. Splendid food shots.

@5K Qs - Thank you for the nice words about the Dami Lamb. Your AC Lamb Image was very Heroic.
Sorry about the tree incident. Congratulations again on the 1500 page Lamb Win, as well as your generous heart.

@mitch4ging - Great look at your Ebony Lamb, Dennis. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway - Brilliant explanation of what is a Lambsfoot, Greg.

@ET al - Fabulous collection of images from everyone.

Good Morning Guardians
25B44322-134B-45B5-B85F-1BDF3E6D4EFB.jpeg

The pace here, often is like F1’s(My current favorite sport). Easy to miss responses. Here’s a couple I found:

Jack Black Jack Black - You had asked about the Ti guitar. It was from a maker(not Vox), whose name escapes me. Sorry about that. Splendid food shots.

@5K Qs - Thank you for the nice words about the Dami Lamb. Your AC Lamb Image was very Heroic.
Sorry about the tree incident. Congratulations again on the 1500 page Lamb Win, as well as your generous heart.

@mitch4ging - Great look at your Ebony Lamb, Dennis. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway - Brilliant explanation of what is a Lambsfoot, Greg.

@ET al - Fabulous collection of images from everyone.

Good Morning Guardians
View attachment 1195077
Snakes alive! another fantastic photo Harvey. :thumbsup::D

Good luck to all your students John :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. They all did very well and made me proud. :) :thumbsup:

who are you calling off-topic? ;)
Oh, I definitely started it. :(
But then you respond to me, and then I respond back to you, and then somebody else gets involves, then some else responds to them, and everything then grows exponentially, and pretty soon Jack is pulling his hair out. Lol :D

Lastly, the answer to your system seems to be (15,3), although it's hard to see the intersection points. ;)

Last edited:
@5K Qs Just a little help with the instant gravy, my mother used it when she was short of time. Instead of just adding water, cook it in a small saucepan on a low heat, with a bit of water, add some other flavoring, tomato sauce{ketchup}, dash of soy sauce, black sauce{worstershire sauce} or any flavoring you like. If it seems a bit thick add a little bit more water, just keep stirring till it warms and thickens up. Tastes really good, and leftover gravy can be kept in the fridge in a container for future use. Just use any flavoring that suits your taste.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back