1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you my friend, it wasn't too serious on this occassion, but I've had some bad plumbing emergencies in the past. Sorry to hear about your problems there, I hope everything is sorted and dried out soon :thumbsup:

Thanks all the kind words Gary, much appreciated my friend :) Yes, what a year it has been for the Lambsfoot! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

No, no exploding heads please! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike, really nice to see how much you have taken to that one :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave, a good solid choice my friend :thumbsup:

Love the character of your cougar-clawed AC :) :thumbsup:

Good luck to all your students John :thumbsup:

Fantastic Dan :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

ulix, peanutsxx, Reaper AL and 20 others like this.
  2. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I'm thrilled you like it, John! But, who are you calling off-topic? ;)

That question, and the realization that a proper lambsfoot must have positive values for both a and b in its spine equation in that graph, is the mathematical basis for this easy do-it-yourself check for whether your straight edge blade is a lambsfoot.

1. Place the blade, with the tip pointing to the left, on the right edge of a piece of paper.
    2. Trace the outline of the blade.
    3. Using a ruler, extend the edge line and the spine line towards the left edge of the paper.
    4. If the lines noticeably converge, it's a lambsfoot. If they don't, it's not.

[​IMG]

See: it's lambsfoot science! :D

3. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I saw that movie: The Science of the Lambs. ;) :D

4. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Howdy Guardians!! Be wary today- keep on the lookout - my Black Widow on her perch ready to strike:eek::rolleyes:

[​IMG]

5. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    @JohnDF - What the heck is a "Distributive Property" and I gotta say, I don't see any "expression" in that question - not even a frown.

6. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    Two ???

7. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    @Jack Black said:
    @Jack Black - That reminds me of a Bridie Beef Pie we used to get when I was stationed in Scotland. I believe they originated in Forfar, Scotland which was just a few miles from Edzell Base where I was stationed.
    This may be of interest Ed ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks @Jack Black. I saved the reference and will have to look iinto it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    The pace here, often is like F1’s(My current favorite sport). Easy to miss responses. Here’s a couple I found:

@Jack Black - You had asked about the Ti guitar. It was from a maker(not Vox), whose name escapes me. Sorry about that. Splendid food shots.

@5K Qs - Thank you for the nice words about the Dami Lamb. Your AC Lamb Image was very Heroic.
    Sorry about the tree incident. Congratulations again on the 1500 page Lamb Win, as well as your generous heart.

@mitch4ging - Great look at your Ebony Lamb, Dennis. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

@WhittlinAway - Brilliant explanation of what is a Lambsfoot, Greg.

@ET al - Fabulous collection of images from everyone.

Good Morning Guardians
    25B44322-134B-45B5-B85F-1BDF3E6D4EFB.jpeg

9. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    :D :thumbsup:

Thank you, Harvey. It was all inspired by @JohnDF and his lambsfoot strategically positioned above an algebra question. My inner geek couldn't resist riffing on it. :)

10. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    @Jack Black or anyone - What can you tell me about J. Adams Ltd lambfoot knives made in Sheffield?

Not my photo:
    [​IMG]

Reaper AL, Jack Black, JohnDF and 3 others like this.
  11. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Snakes alive! another fantastic photo Harvey. :thumbsup::D

12. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you kindly, Dave.:)

mitch4ging, tmd_87 and dc50 like this.
  13. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Last evenings BBQ staring Henderson's Relish courtesy of Jack :thumbsup:;)
    steak.jpg

ulix, peanutsxx, Reaper AL and 17 others like this.
  14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I think it means dividing belongings upon divorce. I heard Texas is a Distributive Property state.

:D:D:D

15. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    SO!!!! As I thought, it has nothing to do with Algebra!:thumbsup: California is a Distributive Property States too.:rolleyes:

16. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_20190912_103128.jpg

ulix, peanutsxx, Reaper AL and 18 others like this.
  17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, Jack. They all did very well and made me proud. :) :thumbsup:

Oh, I definitely started it. :(
    But then you respond to me, and then I respond back to you, and then somebody else gets involves, then some else responds to them, and everything then grows exponentially, and pretty soon Jack is pulling his hair out. Lol :D

Lastly, the answer to your system seems to be (15,3), although it's hard to see the intersection points. ;)

18. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    @5K Qs Just a little help with the instant gravy, my mother used it when she was short of time. Instead of just adding water, cook it in a small saucepan on a low heat, with a bit of water, add some other flavoring, tomato sauce{ketchup}, dash of soy sauce, black sauce{worstershire sauce} or any flavoring you like. If it seems a bit thick add a little bit more water, just keep stirring till it warms and thickens up. Tastes really good, and leftover gravy can be kept in the fridge in a container for future use. Just use any flavoring that suits your taste.:thumbsup:

Jack Black and mitch4ging like this.
  19. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Jack Adams. Make some great traditional fixed blades, butcher knives, etc, but their folders are made by Wright's ;)

Catch up with everyone tomorrow :thumbsup:

20. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    Thanks for the info @Jack Black.

Jack Black, cigarrodog and mitch4ging like this.