Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Morning Guardians, I remember being so excited on Christmas Eve as a kid, as I'm sure all the children of our younger members are today :) Hope they all have a fantastic time, and everybody else too. I need to nip to the local shops later for some bread, and a few other things, and I might grab lunch, and a couple of pints perhaps, before returning home. Hope everybody has a wonderful day, I'm sure I'll be calling in fairly regularly. Treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day :) :thumbsup:

foyqrjl.jpg

That was my winter backpacking load back in the 80's Vince. Fortunately, gear got lighter

My complete overnighting kit (including rucksack) which truth be told is geared for autumn/spring comes in at around or often just under 10lbs. And that's nowhere near top-of-the-range stuff. The wonders of modern stuff. :thumbsup:

I remember when Back Tor had trees, long before they added the steps and paving slabs to stop people getting mud on their Ugg boots o_O

Ahhh...before my time.:D But your right, it's no harder than walking up some streets in Sheffield now. :rolleyes::D

Good Morning Guardians

Ok. That's my favourite of your decorations so far. :D
Have you thought of hanging that Waynorth off your tree?

Back in the days when pea-shooters were UK legal ;) :) :thumbsup:

Now the kids just use UZI's... :rolleyes:

Wishing all the Guardians a very Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday :D

G6MdCKy.jpg

What a great shot of your HHB. A Merry Christmas to all our Canadian friends.:thumbsup:

But, we did take a field trip to a donut making class:

PWQf1Nbh.jpg

There was no cutting involved in making the donuts, but Linus had fun being present and loved looking at the spread that had accumulated by the time the class was complete:

avrFIVQh.jpg

I need some business trips like your business trips. :D:thumbsup:

Cheers to all the Guardians, and may your holidays be filled with peace and good will to all!

rMZNO85.jpg

And to yourself. What a lovely shot. :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas to all my fellow lads[and girls] on the porch. Hope you all have a fantastic and safe Christmas, with family and friends. Just remember- "Booze is brewed to be drunk and Food is Grown to be eaten". It seems that half of our country is on fire over here, a dire situation for many who will not be having a good or safe Christmas. They are effecting some of the members on the blade forum, and i wish them all the best and a safe Christmas, i will be praying for them. Merry Xmas all.

It looks a damned bad do over there. Hope your staying safe and having a Merry Christmas.

Strictly speaking this was yesterday's and it's a rubbish shot to but you get the gist. :thumbsup:
IOK1HhR.jpg

Today should be full of fun and relaxation. I'm going to watch my beloved Seahawks play this afternoon on TV, and then later we have our annual Christmas Mini Golf night. The local mini golf course is all decorated for Chrismas with music, synchronized light display, and fake snow falling. Its a lot of fun. Tomorrow, I finally get to see the new Star Wars movie. Yay! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope you all have a wonderful day...
Good Morning Guardians
I've never heard of Christmas mini golf before, but I'm a big proponent of Christmas traditions of every kind! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Over the years, some of my favorite Christmas traditions have fallen by the wayside for various reasons, and I've tried to establish new traditions (with mixed success). I hope your knives-and-ornaments pics can become a tradition for me! ;)

I've just had a Cornish pastie with some gravy for lunch, and now I'm rapidly heading to Beer o'Clock! :) :thumbsup:

w7J2gdf.jpg
That pastie looks good, but the stag HHB looks fantastic (and should last longer)! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lol... Great observation and oh so funny. :D:thumbsup:
Vampires and wolves tend to be quite impulsive, so I thought I ought to offer some advice based on a more reasoned analysis of the relationship. ;)

I'm looking forward to it Gary, think I might have seen a documentary about the same agent once (not the vid below, but I thought you might find it of interest). Unfortunately, it's at the back of a long queue of books I have to read (of which I buy far too many) :rolleyes:

I have to warn you, I might keep saying things like, "What are they bothered about those blokes on the horses for, they're at the other side of the Peak District miles away!" :D :thumbsup:

Great idea buddy :D Thanks GT, I can remember you making the trip. I'll have to go :) :thumbsup:

Same here :( :thumbsup:

Hurrah! :) Two great pics :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the videos, compliments, and acknowledgements of some of my random remarks, Jack. :)

I'll look for a copy this week. I've been meaning to read it for some time--why not now? Gotta find a translation older than me, though. I hate most of the modern translations of anything.
View attachment 1252846
My response to "Why not now?" is that I decided to use my Christmas break to go back to one of my periodic pleasures: reading about the JFK assassination. I just started this book, which has 1600 pages and almost 1000 pages of endnotes on a CD-ROM (which I'm not planning to read). After 3 days, I'm only about 200 pages in so far. Second pic compares thickness of book to lambs foot blade of a rosewood Hartshead Barlow.
bugliosi.hhb2.JFK.jpg
buglioso.hhb2.thickbook.jpg

It’s been sure for all my food (apples, bananas, steak, cheese, salami, sandwiches, and vegetables) since I got it along with my everyday tasks. I’m Pruitt impressed with the patina and can’t wait to see it get more pocket time.
:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you for the nice words, GT. That doughnut goes so well with coffee.:) Top drawer image of Cracker Jack. It has a lot of nice touches.:thumbsup:
Thanks for the encouraging words about my photo, Harvey. :)
Although chocolate cake donuts have been my favorite for years, I don't think I've ever had one with coffee, which I only started to drink a couple of years ago in hopes that the caffeine would help prevent my falling asleep at my desk. But I can imagine that donut and black coffee would be a pleasant pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My "Naturalized Canadian" lambsfoot is feeling quite proud of himself these days :D

gErpGcN.jpg

So, Dan, now your amazing wildlife photos contain nationalistic propaganda, too? Are you being paid by the Canadian Tourism Bureau?? ;):cool::thumbsup:

Thank you GT! It's 'The Great Ridge' in Derbyshire.
https://www.visitpeakdistrict.com/t...mam-tor-the-great-ridge-walking-route-p678311

The hill centre distance is Lose Hill, the cliff centre distance is Back Tor. The rise left distance is Kinder Plateau. It's hardly hard walking country, I've seen people pushing prams along the ridge. :D

All your Cracker Jack needs is a Christmas Cracker to round it off. :):thumbsup:
Thanks for the link, David. :) Looks like it would be an enjoyable hike!
I had to look up Christmas Cracker, and discovered it wasn't even a type of food! :eek::rolleyes: Looks like an interesting tradition, with more immediate feedback than making wishes while breaking a turkey wishbone with a rival. (Is the wishbone contest also an originally British tradition?)

Thanks, GT! Just need to get back to the "heat and beat" part of it!

Two Too Cool For School shots, Gary!! Well earned break for CJ!:D:thumbsup:
From this morning, Sunday over easy!
ejzvN8f.jpg
[/user]
Thanks for the remarks, Dennis. :)
Your stag HHB is a grand knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Having 2 weeks off work for the holidays seems to have taken the grumpy old sod right outta me!;)
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Who can forget the ads in the DC comics too?! :D :cool: :thumbsup:
I got some vintage reading in the mail today :) :thumbsup:
I didn't read comic books regularly when I was a lad, but my brothers and I occasionally got some "hand-me-downs" from a slightly older cousin (a lot of Superman, Superboy, and Justice League of America, IIRC), and was fascinated by the ads. Never ordered anything, though. :rolleyes:
The Outdoorsman's Handbook looks interesting. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Ebony darkening it's cover bathing in the sun.

UHbSFu8.jpg
Good day sunshine! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Wishing all the Guardians a very Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday :D

G6MdCKy.jpg
Same to you and yours, Mike. :) Sensational Seasonal shot of your stag HHB! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Greetings Guardians! I'm embarrassingly behind on posting these, but here are the final few photos from the time I was able to spend with Linus before he headed on to Harvey.

Other than while on a business trip that I had to take while he was in my care, I carried him every day and he pitched in for all of the regular cutting duties that come up. Unfortunately, these weren't too exciting and I don't have photos of them. But, we did take a field trip to a donut making class:
And, we did finally succeed in getting those darn Christmas lights hung on the house:
He helped open up new packs of lights to replace the ones that had failed. He also cut the electric tape that I used to keep the splices dry and the zip ties that are holding an extension cord to a gutter downspout.

While I didn't get to take him on as many photogenic adventures as I'd hoped, I enjoyed hosting Linus. It was a pleasure and and honor.

Looks like he's already having some great adventures (and showing up in some spectacular photos!) with @cigarrodog. I'm looking forward to seeing what he's up to next!
Thanks for the Linus report, Greg! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
I can't imagine better training for Linus, prior to heading Harvey's way, than a donut class! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The only two items I can recall ordering from these comic book ads were the sea monkeys and the book safe. Both worked as advertised.
I will admit to puerile curiosity regarding the x-ray specs. While I never ordered a pair, I suspect they did *not* work as advertised.

Edited to add (and stay on topic): This beauty is accompanying me on this unseasonably warm day.

View attachment 1253454
Thanks for sharing your experiences with the comic book ads. ;):cool::cool:
I'll bet that jigged bone WCLF could make EVERY day seem unseasonably warm (it gives me fever! :rolleyes:)! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My lambsfoot for this week is the 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot SFO (thanks, @mrknife), displayed in a tree with other high-tech items:
LJ.Enterprise.jpg

I think this is my last Christmas shot of my Union Jack:
UJ.tinytree.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
... As a kid, I always wanted to checkout the X-Ray Specs.:)
Took Linus for another walking adventure. Started with Breakfast. Cheesy Tostados and very hot, hot sauce.
A99CFEEB-9081-4E03-AA28-98FA9A748A9A_zpseqht8t99.jpeg

Time to walk...

Linus really enjoyed the chocolate, gifted from Greg.
View attachment 1253466
Thanks for the photos, Harvey; looks like a hearty breakfast! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I wonder how Greg knew what to send you, treat-wise??? ;)

Yeah, I wanted to check out the X-Ray Specs too, so much so that I even went to see the band :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

I'm just trying to make some room in the fridge ;) :thumbsup:
The music didn't really move me (but I only listened to it once). But the singer's outfit filled my with envy. :rolleyes:
The old "make room in the fridge" excuse, eh??? :D;)

Cheers to all the Guardians, and may your holidays be filled with peace and good will to all!

rMZNO85.jpg
Same to you and yours, Jeff! Very festive photo! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you kindly, Jack. Until you travel to my neck of the woods, I’ll share the simple recipe. Take a box of frozen Tostados, place 6 on a paper plate. Zap it for 60 seconds. Take it out, smother it in sharp, shredded cheddar. Zap it it for another 60 seconds. A sprinkle of Parmesan is optional. so is a light toasting. Take it to the living room. Wait...You forgot the Sriracha and to give Ari a modest share of Cheddar.:D
Thanks for the recipe, Harvey; I think even I could manage to whip up a batch! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much, my Hartshead gets about ;) :D :thumbsup:

HXuoupc.jpg
Jack, does the design atop a mince pie signify anything about the contents? I've seen a star, and now this pair of leaves.

Brine shrimp.

I posted in the daily totin' thread that I was carrying my new Forum Knife, but this afternoon I noticed it on the table. I checked my pocket and it seems, out of habit, I grabbed the ebony big-un that had been laying next to it. :D
CZ4fGP4.jpg
Been there, Done that. :D
Not sure if it's a factor of age or having too dang many knives. I'm sure it's the latter in your case. ;)
Thanks for the video, Rachel; I'll have to watch the entire thing later. :)
John, I think Rachel had that experience because she truly has the Heart of a Guardian of the Lambsfoot, and I'd like to nominate her for Guardian of the Year!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Modded a GEC 93 into a lambfoot to keep my A. Wright company. I’m quite pleased with how it turned out.
View attachment 1253678
Very interesting; I wondered if that would be something folks might try! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Merry Christmas to all my fellow lads[and girls] on the porch. Hope you all have a fantastic and safe Christmas, with family and friends. Just remember- "Booze is brewed to be drunk and Food is Grown to be eaten". It seems that half of our country is on fire over here, a dire situation for many who will not be having a good or safe Christmas. They are effecting some of the members on the blade forum, and i wish them all the best and a safe Christmas, i will be praying for them. Merry Xmas all.
Same to you and yours, @cudgee ! Stay safe!

Morning Guardians, I remember being so excited on Christmas Eve as a kid, as I'm sure all the children of our younger members are today :) Hope they all have a fantastic time, and everybody else too. I need to nip to the local shops later for some bread, and a few other things, and I might grab lunch, and a couple of pints perhaps, before returning home. Hope everybody has a wonderful day, I'm sure I'll be calling in fairly regularly. Treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day :) :thumbsup:

foyqrjl.jpg
Your 2019 double lambsfoot is almost like a Christmas Miracle, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

A bonus holiday shot:
hhb2.mark.Vopen.window.snowmen.jpg

- GT

My complete overnighting kit (including rucksack) which truth be told is geared for autumn/spring comes in at around or often just under 10lbs. And that's nowhere near top-of-the-range stuff. The wonders of modern stuff. :thumbsup:

Incredible isn't it David, when I was a kid, I slept out in caves or just on the ground, with a blanket, because lightweight gear just wasn't available then? In the 90's, I had a sleeping bag which weighed 1lb and a tent which weighed 2lb :)

Ahhh...before my time.:D But your right, it's no harder than walking up some streets in Sheffield now. :rolleyes::D

Yeah :( :thumbsup:

Now the kids just use UZI's... :rolleyes:

:eek: :D

Strictly speaking this was yesterday's and it's a rubbish shot to but you get the gist. :thumbsup:
IOK1HhR.jpg

Looks cosy mate :) :thumbsup:

I'm going to run out early for some extra milk and eggs, in case I get around to some baking. I need to make extra Yorkshire pudding, anyway, for the glutenophobes.
AJeKlYj.jpg

Glutophobe would mean something else, I think.

LOL! :D Great stuff Jer, have a good one mate, and I hope those puddings come out well :thumbsup:

Just for you... :D

Good Morning Guardians
I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas Eve, and special wishes to those in Australia dealing with any fires.

Fantastic festive shot John :) :thumbsup:

That pastie looks good, but the stag HHB looks fantastic (and should last longer)! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, the pastie was just from the supermarket, but was surprisingly tasty :) :thumbsup:

My response to "Why not now?" is that I decided to use my Christmas break to go back to one of my periodic pleasures: reading about the JFK assassination.

Very festive! :D :thumbsup:

I just started this book, which has 1600 pages and almost 1000 pages of endnotes on a CD-ROM (which I'm not planning to read). After 3 days, I'm only about 200 pages in so far. Second pic compares thickness of book to lambs foot blade of a rosewood Hartshead Barlow.
View attachment 1253767
View attachment 1253768

Cool pics though ;) :thumbsup:

I didn't read comic books regularly when I was a lad, but my brothers and I occasionally got some "hand-me-downs" from a slightly older cousin (a lot of Superman, Superboy, and Justice League of America, IIRC), and was fascinated by the ads. Never ordered anything, though. :rolleyes:
The Outdoorsman's Handbook looks interesting. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Most of mine were hand-me-downs GT, but there was a stall in Sheffield market where you could swap two comics for one, and I was able to buy a new one now and again :) I think @flatblackcapo recommended The Outdoorsman's Handbook :) :thumbsup:

My lambsfoot for this week is the 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot SFO (thanks, @mrknife), displayed in a tree with other high-tech items:
View attachment 1253782

View attachment 1253783

Ace pics Gary :) What's happened to @mrknife? :confused: :thumbsup:

Hope everybody is having a lovely Christmas Eve. I met up with my best pal for lunch and a pint, and then called in at my local beer shop to (totally unnecessarily) pick up some more supplies :rolleyes: While I was there I had a half of this amazing 12% De Molen/Turning Point Imperial Stout - so good! :) :thumbsup:

AdhOxGV.jpg

Got guests arriving imminently so I'll step out for a while ;) :thumbsup:

Just for you... :D

Ha! Lol! :D You do realize that's going to have to stay in that spot for the next 12 days? :D

My response to "Why not now?" is that I decided to use my Christmas break to go back to one of my periodic pleasures: reading about the JFK assassination. I just started this book, which has 1600 pages and almost 1000 pages of endnotes on a CD-ROM (which I'm not planning to read). After 3 days, I'm only about 200 pages in so far. Second pic compares thickness of book to lambs foot blade of a rosewood Hartshead Barlow.
View attachment 1253767
View attachment 1253768

Crikey GT that's enough reading for the 12 days of Christmas.:thumbsup: I watched a documentary a couple of years ago that claimed JFK was accidentily shot by his Secret Service detail riding in the car in front. :eek:

Thanks for the link, David. :) Looks like it would be an enjoyable hike!
I had to look up Christmas Cracker, and discovered it wasn't even a type of food! :eek::rolleyes: Looks like an interesting tradition, with more immediate feedback than making wishes while breaking a turkey wishbone with a rival. (Is the wishbone contest also an originally British tradition?)

Ahh...so you don't have Christmas Crackers in the U.S then? I didn't know that. I'd take a shot of one but as we only have three dining at Christmas we don't bother with them anymore.
Yip, the wishbone tradition is known over here, though people don't necessarily eat turkey for their Christmas dinner, though many do. Were having duck tomorrow, but folk eat all sorts. :D

View attachment 1253782

View attachment 1253783

- GT[/QUOTE]

Incredible isn't it David, when I was a kid, I slept out in caves or just on the ground, with a blanket, because lightweight gear just wasn't available then? In the 90's, I had a sleeping bag which weighed 1lb and a tent which weighed 2lb :)

A blanket? Now ya just showing off... :D:D

Hope everybody is having a lovely Christmas Eve. I met up with my best pal for lunch and a pint, and then called in at my local beer shop to (totally unnecessarily) pick up some more supplies :rolleyes: While I was there I had a half of this amazing 12% De Molen/Turning Point Imperial Stout - so good! :) :thumbsup:

AdhOxGV.jpg

Hmm... "called in at my local beer shop" and "totally unnecessarily" are not two phrases I'd ever use in the same sentence. :D
Have a great Christmas Eve. :thumbsup:

Bugliosi is a good writer. I read his book on the O.J. trial.
But I am planning to pick up a copy of Don Quixote this weekend at the latest. Hope you have a great Christmas, Gary.

Jack will have to come up with a prize.
Oh no. He's already been generous enough.

If we were to crown a Guardian of the Year though, who should it be? Of course Jack Black is the ambassador of the Lambfoot and our fearless leader. Otherwise, someone who has carried a Lambsfoot every day throughout the year, perhaps. (I'm afraid I don't quite qualify) Someone who has shown the most enthusiasm for the pattern?

Back