Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good evening Guardians! :) I hope you have all had a good day! Totin a Stag Bigun today!

49018926326_20a4de9988_o_d.jpg

That's a fantastic photo my friend, well done :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, my friend!:thumbsup:
Saturday stag ;) :thumbsup:

plVNAsK.jpg
Both gorgeous!
Is that a native species of deer?
Good Morning Guardians
Gotta give DC folks some equal time with Sköll!:cool::thumbsup: When you gonna show off some of your remodeling?
Howdy folks!!!!

1XM1sZv.jpg
Howdy, Ed! :):thumbsup:
Great photos, Harvey! Literally on Golden Pond!:thumbsup:
I’ve had my Ashley’s Choice in my pocket today! :)

31996934637_5802d5fbc4_o_d.jpg
Nice shot of your AC, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:
Me Saturday Lambsfoot.
49254516028_0e0fd87e7b_h.jpg
Oh man! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!!:D:thumbsup: Fried up in a cast iron skillet?
Morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I'm still aching a bit from my exertions yesterday - there was a time I could walk 40 miles with a 60 lb pack, now the housework has me beat! o_O :rolleyes: Still got some stuff to do today, and my Hartshead Barlow could do with a touch-up, so I think I'll prioritise that :D ;) Have a lovely Sunday folks :thumbsup:

qsj2x3t.jpg
Wow! In one day? Did 20 miles once with at least 60 lbs. on my back. (Not voluntarily!)
I was Infantry in the army, so we always had on a rucksack, but one year when stationed in Germany, we trained for the
Nijmegen, a 25 mile a day with full ruck and weapon, for 4 days. It reenacts a WWII event. Tough march.:confused:

Great shot of Mr HHB, Jack!!:cool::thumbsup:
Just getting on with the housework :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

nTtM3II.jpg
:cool::thumbsup:
Priorities!:thumbsup:
Ironwood sfo on Applewood rounds, destined for ornaments
lAksTnE.jpg
Terrific photograph of your '19, Mark!:):thumbsup:
I'll just be having a quiet one, but I'm hoping it'll be nice enough :) :thumbsup:

kMvHdfc.jpg
I like nice and quiet!;):thumbsup:
Love the mug, Jack!!:D
Good Morning Guardians
I'm recovered from my trip to the Bay Area yesterday :mad:. Had to head down there for a family funeral.
So sorry about the passing of a family member, John!
I finally get to see the new Star Wars movie. Yay! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope you all have a wonderful day...
Cool, hope to go see the movie as well soon!:cool::thumbsup:
Great ornament and WCLF SteelSaber!:D:thumbsup:
I've just had a Cornish pastie with some gravy for lunch, and now I'm rapidly heading to Beer o'Clock! :) :thumbsup:

w7J2gdf.jpg
Nice!!
Love Beer o'Clock!:cool::thumbsup:
Great pic of your horn lambsfoot with heavy metal! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks, GT! Just need to get back to the "heat and beat" part of it!
One last hurrah for Cracker Jack as Lambsfoot of this week:
cj-pile-open-box-jpg.1252796

And another Christmas shot of my Union Jack:
uj-tallangel-jpg.1252799
Two Too Cool For School shots, Gary!! Well earned break for CJ!:D:thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
Linus(on the left)with his newly discovered “23 and me” Mishpocha.
View attachment 1252845
Cool photo of – Athos, Porthos and Aramis, Harvey! ;):thumbsup:
My "Naturalized Canadian" lambsfoot is feeling quite proud of himself these days :D

gErpGcN.jpg
More great photography, Dan.

Here's a cardinal in our back yard last year with snow, sans a Lambsfoot. Will have to work on drawing them closer, or get a good camera.
vH43Obr.jpg

Good evening Guardians! :) I hope you have all had a good day! Totin a Stag Bigun today!

Love that knife, Ron!!:):thumbsup:

From this morning, Sunday over easy!
ejzvN8f.jpg
[/user]

Last edited:
Wow! In one day? Did 20 miles once with at least 60 lbs. on my back. (Not voluntarily!)

That was my winter backpacking load back in the 80's Vince. Fortunately, gear got lighter (and I had more money) as I got older, but I couldn't carry a fraction of that today, and my hikes are all under 10 miles, and usually substantially less :( I think it's easier when it's voluntary though! :D Some of the loads the military carry are horrendous, apart from all the heavy-duty gear, ammunition weighs a ton! :eek: :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Much thanks, Jack. Excellent Hartshead/Bread; toasted of course.:thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :)

Think this will be a good day for the 2019 Gruardians SFO

G4B401d.jpg

Nice Ed :) :thumbsup:

I'll look for a copy this week. I've been meaning to read it for some time--why not now? Gotta find a translation older than me, though. I hate most of the modern translations of anything.
View attachment 1252846

That's a great pic Vince :cool: :thumbsup:

Linus(on the left)with his newly discovered “23 and me” Mishpocha.
View attachment 1252845

Fantastic Harvey :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Just pay yer bloody dues!

You beat me to it Vince! :D :thumbsup:

My "Naturalized Canadian" lambsfoot is feeling quite proud of himself these days :D

gErpGcN.jpg

lqJL2U7.jpg

As well he should Dan, thanks to your fabulous photos, he's a pin-up king! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you GT! It's 'The Great Ridge' in Derbyshire.
https://www.visitpeakdistrict.com/t...mam-tor-the-great-ridge-walking-route-p678311

The hill centre distance is Lose Hill, the cliff centre distance is Back Tor. The rise left distance is Kinder Plateau. It's hardly hard walking country, I've seen people pushing prams along the ridge. :D

All your Cracker Jack needs is a Christmas Cracker to round it off. :):thumbsup:

Jack, that's got to be the funniest plug for a book I've ever seen.:D When he called Penzance "an obscure part of England" I could here the Cornlanders choking on their pasties from here. :D

I remember when Back Tor had trees, long before they added the steps and paving slabs to stop people getting mud on their Ugg boots o_O

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Looking good Ron :thumbsup:

Thanks, my friend!:thumbsup:

Both gorgeous!
Is that a native species of deer?

Thank you Dennis, there are lots of Red Deer here, big herd just up the road from me :thumbsup:

I was Infantry in the army, so we always had on a rucksack, but one year when stationed in Germany, we trained for the
Nijmegen, a 25 mile a day with full ruck and weapon, for 4 days. It reenacts a WWII event. Tough march.:confused:

Great shot of Mr HHB, Jack!!:cool::thumbsup:

I bet you have carried some HUGE loads Dennis, and military rucksacks certainly didn't used to be as sophisticated as high-end civilian models. I have been to Nijmegan a few times Dennis, and while I've walked around there, I've only done much shorter walks, it's nice countryside. I was just looking at the website . I find it incredible the events so many people take part in today, marathons were considered only for 'superhumans' once, now kids and old fellers do them by the score :cool: One of the toughest mountain marathons I know of is The Bob Graham Round, even when I was young and fit, just looking at the route made me feel tired! :D :thumbsup:

Priorities!:thumbsup:

Too right! :D ;) :thumbsup:

I like nice and quiet!;):thumbsup:
Love the mug, Jack!!:D

Thanks again my friend :) :thumbsup:

Here's a cardinal in our back yard last year with snow, sans a Lambsfoot. Will have to work on drawing them closer, or get a good camera.
vH43Obr.jpg

ejzvN8f.jpg
[/user]

Great pics pal, that's some nice stag on your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend :) I have a ton of stuff to do today, so I better get moving! Hope everyone isn't tired of seeing this one :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

l1Dr0VG.jpg

Nice shot of your AC, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:

ejzvN8f.jpg
Dennis thank you so much for the compliments my friend! :) Looks like you had a great start to your Sunday morning! :)

Looking good Ron :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend :) I have a ton of stuff to do today, so I better get moving! Hope everyone isn't tired of seeing this one :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

l1Dr0VG.jpg
Thanks for the compliment Jack! :) I for one never tire of seeing any of the HHB’s. They’re all unique and beautiful! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks for the compliment Jack! :) I for one never tire of seeing any of the HHB’s. They’re all unique and beautiful! :thumbsup: :)

Thank you Ron :) :thumbsup:

I've probably posted this before, but I woke up today feeling pretty good! Hope everyone has a great day and a great holiday season!

NTxeYle.jpg

Great to know we're not all grumpy old sods here! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Hope everybody is having a good day :) I've just got back from my latest food-shopping expedition. Darn it, I've had to move some of my beer out of the fridge! o_O I have overdone it again on the provisions, like I do every single year - if aliens are going to invade it'd be a good time for it, maybe wait until after Christmas ;) :D :thumbsup:

Called in for coffee and a croissant while I was in town :thumbsup:

lUR1TRU.jpg

Gotta give DC folks some equal time with Sköll!:cool::thumbsup:
Of course... DC gave us some great super heroes and some good movies.

Great ornament and WCLF SteelSaber!:D:thumbsup:
An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. :D

I agree with Harvey. The mug and Harthead go very well together. Great picture. :cool::thumbsup:

We could never get tired of seeing such an iconic pocket knife. :cool::thumbsup:

Life is Good indeed. :):thumbsup:

We could never get tired of seeing such an iconic pocket knife. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you John, you're very kind :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Great festive pic :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. It helps to have a photogenic subject, and sometimes I get lucky with the light.

You're very modest Vince :)

Superman, Batman, and Spider Man are my Big Three. :cool::thumbsup:

I used to read them all, Thor, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkeye, The Hulk, DareDevil, everything, but Dr Strange and the Silver Surfer, which I think were for older kids. My favourite, I think, was Spiderman though, which had some really good villains too :) I did like the British super-heroes too though ;) :D :thumbsup:

250px-Dennis_the_Menace_and_Gnasher_the_dog.jpg

Who can forget the ads in the DC comics too?! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

e4ba862e303a85bfa6a458467a97ff2e.jpg

0socvaradsus1-original-718-410.jpg

I got some vintage reading in the mail today :) :thumbsup:

3WBxBPx.jpg

Back