Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Love those old ads. You could even order knives. Bought a cheap stiletto from one of them ads in the early '70s (probably made in Japan).

I remember the stiletto Vince :cool: The same ads seemed to run for years, but here they were were just unobtainable treasures dangled before our young eyes :rolleyes: Probably just as well really! :D :thumbsup:

Wishing all the Guardians a very Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday :D

G6MdCKy.jpg

Greetings Guardians! I'm embarrassingly behind on posting these, but here are the final few photos from the time I was able to spend with Linus before he headed on to Harvey.

Other than while on a business trip that I had to take while he was in my care, I carried him every day and he pitched in for all of the regular cutting duties that come up. Unfortunately, these weren't too exciting and I don't have photos of them. But, we did take a field trip to a donut making class:

PWQf1Nbh.jpg

There was no cutting involved in making the donuts, but Linus had fun being present and loved looking at the spread that had accumulated by the time the class was complete:

avrFIVQh.jpg

And, we did finally succeed in getting those darn Christmas lights hung on the house:

r0zsI0Zh.jpg

He helped open up new packs of lights to replace the ones that had failed. He also cut the electric tape that I used to keep the splices dry and the zip ties that are holding an extension cord to a gutter downspout.

While I didn't get to take him on as many photogenic adventures as I'd hoped, I enjoyed hosting Linus. It was a pleasure and and honor.

Looks like he's already having some great adventures (and showing up in some spectacular photos!) with cigarrodog cigarrodog . I'm looking forward to seeing what he's up to next!

Did you ever order 'Sea-Monkeys' John? :D :thumbsup:

One of my first pocket-knife projects was a 'book safe'! :D

The only two items I can recall ordering from these comic book ads were the sea monkeys and the book safe. Both worked as advertised.

I have particularly fond memories of storing treasures away in the cardboard-and-plastic book safe.

I will admit to puerile curiosity regarding the x-ray specs. While I never ordered a pair, I suspect they did *not* work as advertised.

Edited to add (and stay on topic): This beauty is accompanying me on this unseasonably warm day.

902C3A06-022F-431F-9022-B33E7B983E00.jpeg

Last edited:
Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Great image of your Hartshead in that beautiful handmade dish of candy. As a kid, I always wanted to checkout the X-Ray Specs.:)

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway - Thank you Greg for the gourmet bar of dark chocolate. Very nice. It’s never too belated to post your Linus adventures image.

Good Morning Guardians.

Took Linus for another walking adventure. Started with Breakfast. Cheesy Tostados and very hot, hot sauce.
A99CFEEB-9081-4E03-AA28-98FA9A748A9A_zpseqht8t99.jpeg

Time to walk...
DBFA0C89-42C7-4B25-B9A0-061F047FAA3B_zps0k8v2obu.jpeg

E624EB79-B800-47E9-B6F5-2D96D9A3B010_zpsymkuirix.jpeg

Linus really enjoyed the chocolate, gifted from Greg.
59FDC4C1-5290-4F45-B458-9F28967B8B27.jpeg

Wishing all the Guardians a very Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday :D

G6MdCKy.jpg

And the same to you Mike :) Hope you and your family have a very happy time :) Nice pic there my friend :thumbsup:

Greetings Guardians! I'm embarrassingly behind on posting these, but here are the final few photos from the time I was able to spend with Linus before he headed on to Harvey.

Other than while on a business trip that I had to take while he was in my care, I carried him every day and he pitched in for all of the regular cutting duties that come up. Unfortunately, these weren't too exciting and I don't have photos of them. But, we did take a field trip to a donut making class:

PWQf1Nbh.jpg

There was no cutting involved in making the donuts, but Linus had fun being present and loved looking at the spread that had accumulated by the time the class was complete:

avrFIVQh.jpg

And, we did finally succeed in getting those darn Christmas lights hung on the house:

r0zsI0Zh.jpg

He helped open up new packs of lights to replace the ones that had failed. He also cut the electric tape that I used to keep the splices dry and the zip ties that are holding an extension cord to a gutter downspout.

While I didn't get to take him on as many photogenic adventures as I'd hoped, I enjoyed hosting Linus. It was a pleasure and and honor.

Looks like he's already having some great adventures (and showing up in some spectacular photos!) with cigarrodog cigarrodog . I'm looking forward to seeing what he's up to next!

Those are fine-looking doughnuts :) :thumbsup:

The only two items I can recall ordering from these comic book ads were the sea monkeys and the book safe. Both worked as advertised.

I have particularly fond memories of storing treasures away in the cardboard-and-plastic book safe.

I will admit to puerile curiosity regarding the x-ray specs. While I never ordered a pair, I suspect they did *not* work as advertised.

Edited to add (and stay on topic): This beauty is accompanying me on this unseasonably warm day.

View attachment 1253454

Cool! :cool: Weren't the sea monkeys just water fleas or something? Or were they really like little people?! :eek: I used to keep my cap gun in my book safe (strangely, it was another 20 years before I read a detective novel)! :D

That IS a beauty my friend :) Charlie really should be proud of those knives, all his SFOs have been incredible, but that Lambsfoot is HISTORY :cool: :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Great image of your Hartshead in that beautiful handmade dish of candy. As a kid, I always wanted to checkout the X-Ray Specs.:)

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway - Thank you Greg for the gourmet bar of dark chocolate. Very nice. It’s never too belated to post your Linus adventures image.

Good Morning Guardians.

Took Linus for another walking adventure. Started with Breakfast. Cheesy Tostados and very hot, hot sauce.
A99CFEEB-9081-4E03-AA28-98FA9A748A9A_zpseqht8t99.jpeg

Time to walk...
DBFA0C89-42C7-4B25-B9A0-061F047FAA3B_zps0k8v2obu.jpeg

E624EB79-B800-47E9-B6F5-2D96D9A3B010_zpsymkuirix.jpeg

Linus really enjoyed the chocolate, gifted from Greg.
View attachment 1253466

Thank you Harvey, @CelloDan is multi-talented :)

Yeah, I wanted to check out the X-Ray Specs too, so much so that I even went to see the band :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Wow! That is a GREAT breakfast Harvey! :eek: :cool: I wish I could get that for breakfast in Yorkshire :( I might have to do some research ;) Beautiful photos, lucky old Linus! :) :thumbsup:

I'm just trying to make some room in the fridge ;) :thumbsup:

cLYqofz.jpg

fBLMgmt.jpg

16ldFit.jpg

xSWy2zZ.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you kindly, Jack. Until you travel to my neck of the woods, I’ll share the simple recipe. Take a box of frozen Tostados, place 6 on a paper plate. Zap it for 60 seconds. Take it out, smother it in sharp, shredded cheddar. Zap it it for another 60 seconds. A sprinkle of Parmesan is optional. so is a light toasting. Take it to the living room. Wait...You forgot the Sriracha and to give Ari a modest share of Cheddar.:D

Your Hartshead is quite the Zelig. Fine assortment of images.:thumbsup:

Cheers to all the Guardians, and may your holidays be filled with peace and good will to all!

rMZNO85.jpg

Happy Holidays Jeff, that's a great pic :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you kindly, Jack. Until you travel to my neck of the woods, I’ll share the simple recipe. Take a box of frozen Tostados, place 6 on a paper plate. Zap it for 60 seconds. Take it out, smother it in sharp, shredded cheddar. Zap it it for another 60 seconds. A sprinkle of Parmesan is optional. so is a light toasting. Take it to the living room. Wait...You forgot the Sriracha and to give Ari a modest share of Cheddar.:D

Your Hartshead is quite the Zelig. Fine assortment of images.:thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, I'm liking your recipe :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, my Hartshead gets about ;) :D :thumbsup:

HXuoupc.jpg

Cool! :cool: Weren't the sea monkeys just water fleas or something? Or were they really like little people?!
Brine shrimp.

I posted in the daily totin' thread that I was carrying my new Forum Knife, but this afternoon I noticed it on the table. I checked my pocket and it seems, out of habit, I grabbed the ebony big-un that had been laying next to it. :D
CZ4fGP4.jpg

Brine shrimp.

Thanks Rachel, what a fascinating film! :cool: :thumbsup:

the

I posted in the daily totin' thread that I was carrying my new Forum Knife, but this afternoon I noticed it on the table. I checked my pocket and it seems, out of habit, I grabbed the ebony big-un that had been laying next to it. :D
CZ4fGP4.jpg

:D :thumbsup:

CZ4fGP4.jpg
Been there, Done that. :D
Not sure if it's a factor of age or having too dang many knives. I'm sure it's the latter in your case. ;)

Merry Christmas to all my fellow lads[and girls] on the porch. Hope you all have a fantastic and safe Christmas, with family and friends. Just remember- "Booze is brewed to be drunk and Food is Grown to be eaten". It seems that half of our country is on fire over here, a dire situation for many who will not be having a good or safe Christmas. They are effecting some of the members on the blade forum, and i wish them all the best and a safe Christmas, i will be praying for them. Merry Xmas all.

Modded a GEC 93 into a lambfoot to keep my A. Wright company. I’m quite pleased with how it turned out.
View attachment 1253678

Nice work :cool: :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas to all my fellow lads[and girls] on the porch. Hope you all have a fantastic and safe Christmas, with family and friends. Just remember- "Booze is brewed to be drunk and Food is Grown to be eaten". It seems that half of our country is on fire over here, a dire situation for many who will not be having a good or safe Christmas. They are effecting some of the members on the blade forum, and i wish them all the best and a safe Christmas, i will be praying for them. Merry Xmas all.

Great to see you here mate, you and our other Australian members, have been in my thoughts a lot over the past couple of weeks. Hope you all have a safe and Happy Christmas, and that you get some kinder temperatures and a cessation of bushfires soon :thumbsup:

Back