Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Happy Holidays, Guardians!

My 2019 KotY has its work cut out for it today:

pj985vah.jpg

The 36 bus stops at the bottom of my street, and goes all the way from Leeds to Ripon. With its plush extra-wide leather seats and 'all mod cons', it's a very comfortable bus, and I guessed that today it would be empty, as were the roads.

jcmVThE.jpg

The journey, particularly the section between Leeds and Harrogate, has to be one of the most beautiful in Yorkshire, and you get fantastic views from the front of the top deck. Today wasn't the best weather, but I still saw deer, red kites, and a heron. The pics I took are really shakey unfortunately :( One day I'll have to try and take a video as I was surprised not to be able to find a decent one online (most are bus-spotter videos which focus on the bus itself :rolleyes: ) :thumbsup:

I live on the north side of Leeds, close to the open countryside, and the beautiful Harewood Estate and Harewood House.

uKI3JEf.jpg

This is the River Wharfe.

xxAWpWu.jpg

By the time we got to Ripon though, it was raining :( This is the ancient market square.

qv8vXLS.jpg

The Cathedral.

IFr5tUi.jpg

Lots of old lanes and attractive old buildings.

FBBlVT1.jpg

As it was raining I decided to curtail my walk, but did stop to pick up a nice bottle of rum :)

6rrmBOV.jpg

Found this feller on the street when I got back (Teddy's aren't just for Christmas).

42yFGTL.jpg
Thanks for the great photos Jack! :) :thumbsup:

I took this photo of my large PD Lambsfoot on the handrail of the boardwalk in the sunshine this morning. I hadn’t realized that there were some light scratches on the blade, which were evident in the light. They probably came from opening cardboard packages or something like that! :rolleyes:

49283816978_1f86802fde_o_d.jpg

Looks like you've been busy celebrating Greg! ;) :D :thumbsup:

LOL! I can see why you'd draw that impression, but really the pic was a testament to my procrastination. That pile of boxes and the two six pack holders has been accumulating for a month. I kept telling myself I might need one of the boxes for holiday shipping. The fact that the beer totes remain is just laziness. :D

Happy Blue Friday

Cool pic of your 2019 Lambsfoot John :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great photos Jack! :) :thumbsup:

I took this photo of my large PD Lambsfoot on the handrail of the boardwalk in the sunshine this morning. I hadn’t realized that there were some light scratches on the blade, which were evident in the light. They probably came from opening cardboard packages or something like that! :rolleyes:

49283816978_1f86802fde_o_d.jpg

You're very kind Ron, you've had that Big 'Un quite a while now haven't you my friend? :) :thumbsup:

LOL! I can see why you'd draw that impression, but really the pic was a testament to my procrastination. That pile of boxes and the two six pack holders has been accumulating for a month. I kept telling myself I might need one of the boxes for holiday shipping. The fact that the beer totes remain is just laziness. :D

I entirely understand Greg, for some reason it seems to be almost impossible to get hold of good quality shipping boxes here, so I re-use what I can :) I didn't manage to get hold of any Sierra Nevada Celebration this year, first time in a decade :( :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thanks my friend. No matter what you say, Jack, your journey’s images were brilliant, as well as most entertaining.:thumbsup:

@donn - Much thanks David.Excellent low candle-lit Nativity Scene. Detail even in the shadows.

Good Evening Guardians.

Enjoying the ending of both the late night walk and the smoke, with Linus, my constant companion.
View attachment 1255424

Thank you Harvey, you're very kind :) Stylish pic of Linus with your smoke :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, I don't know about you, but I'm beginning to feel that I'm stuck in a perpetual weekend! :rolleyes: Saturday again, so I guess I better carry some stag ;) Have a good day folks :) :thumbsup:

tzClqoT.jpg

You're very kind Ron, you've had that Big 'Un quite a while now haven't you my friend? :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :) I can’t remember for sure but I’ve probably had this PD Stag bigun at least 4 years! It’s a second that I got from you. It has a repair for a crack in the stag. The repair has never given any trouble. It has better than average fit and finish for that time period. I’m sure a testament to the skillful eye of the person that picked it out from the factory! ;)

Good day, Guardians. I hope everyone had a good Yule. I've caught myself up here and updated Linus's adventure index. Thank you, Harvey, for hosting him and for providing such excellent pictures.

I've got a bit of Stag with me today.

DOcYzPe.jpg

Thanks Jack! :) I can’t remember for sure but I’ve probably had this PD Stag bigun at least 4 years! It’s a second that I got from you. It has a repair for a crack in the stag. The repair has never given any trouble. It has better than average fit and finish for that time period. I’m sure a testament to the skillful eye of the person that picked it out from the factory! ;)

That time has passed quickly my friend :) Thank you for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

Nice picture of your Lambsfoot and sausage sandwich.
You have me hooked on both, and I will join you and have a sandwich later.

Thank you John, that's good to hear :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I fed the wolf some red meat last night and he seemed mighty happy.

Lucky old Skol :) :thumbsup:

Good day, Guardians. I hope everyone had a good Yule. I've caught myself up here and updated Linus's adventure index. Thank you, Harvey, for hosting him and for providing such excellent pictures.

I've got a bit of Stag with me today.

DOcYzPe.jpg

Great Yuletide Dylan :) Splendid photo pal, is that a wee Mjolnir? :cool: :thumbsup:

Visiting family in Stratford ON.

So a couple days ago I was walking by the Thames River in London.

Today we walked by the Avon River in Stratford :)

723l9Hm.jpg

WjopRrA.jpg

That's pretty cool Dan :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great day. I had a nice afternoon and evening catching up with some pals and neighbours, a few pints and shots of rum, and a delicious curry in a local restaurant :) And I'm old enough to know when to stop partying and go home ;) :D :thumbsup:

@Padruig - Thank you Dylan for the nice comment. I gotta be honest. I dread the thought of shipping Linus off, I’ve become quite attached. The Sambar looks great on your Damascus Lamb.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you my friend. The sausage sandwich looks so inviting.:)

Good Evening Guardians. I have more Linus adventures, but still having posting issues. I will sort this out at some point.

Back