Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Joshua, the perceived pace of a thread is subjective, and I suppose it's relative as well.
But my perception lately has been that the Guardians thread is moving at a relatively leisurely pace recently, and I thought I'd check if there's any objective evidence to support my perception. Here's an old post where I presented some data:

Here's an update :
Pages _____________ Days Elapsed
801-810 _____________ 2
901-910 _____________ 2
1001-1010 ___________ 3
1101-1110 ___________ 6
1201-1210 ___________ 3
1301-1310 ___________ 3
1401-1410 ___________ 4
1501-1510 ___________ 5
1601-1610 ___________ 7
1701-1710 ___________ 9

Aren't stats fascinating?? :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

- GT

That is interesting! It probably proves that my interaction at BF has slowed considerably.

Nice looking knife! :):thumbsup: Stainless? Is there a "hump" in the spine above the nail nick, or an optical illusion?

I hadn't noticed that before, but I think you're right. All Taylor's Eye Witness knives have been stainless for a good while now, the same with the knives sold by the Eggington Group with IXL and Joseph Rodgers marks :thumbsup:

Joshua, the perceived pace of a thread is subjective, and I suppose it's relative as well.
But my perception lately has been that the Guardians thread is moving at a relatively leisurely pace recently, and I thought I'd check if there's any objective evidence to support my perception. Here's an old post where I presented some data:

Here's an update :
Pages _____________ Days Elapsed
801-810 _____________ 2
901-910 _____________ 2
1001-1010 ___________ 3
1101-1110 ___________ 6
1201-1210 ___________ 3
1301-1310 ___________ 3
1401-1410 ___________ 4
1501-1510 ___________ 5
1601-1610 ___________ 7
1701-1710 ___________ 9

Aren't stats fascinating?? :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

- GT

That's been my perception too GT, good to have the data ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I wish I could show y’all some beautiful beach or snow photos! About the best I could do would be RAIN! :rolleyes: I do have my Rosewood Bigun to help brighten my day! :) :thumbsup:

49556110058_6c21397fbc_o_d.jpg

Same here Ron :( Hope things brighten up for you my friend :) Nice-looking Rosewood, we got a few good ones didn't we? :) :thumbsup:

Nice to see them both riding together again. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice looking knives. I love that makers are starting to catch on to the pattern.
Not exactly a flat blade, but still looks useful. The WCLF is about as long as I'd want in my pocket, the others look quite a bit longer. I also miss the nail nick.

Thanks John :) Even though I generally pinch mine open, I would certainly miss the nail-nick I think, and I like a good-sized one for preference :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Like that! :D Nice African Rosewood John :) :thumbsup:

I was just browsing @Âchillepattada 's thread on French amateur knifemaker Stephane Thomachot. In addition to putting new cover's on A's WCLF, Stephane has had a go at making the pattern himself. What do you think Guardians? :thumbsup:

AoVt4Pc.jpg
Thanks for posting the link to that thread, Jack, I'll have to read later when I have a chance. I like the look of those, although I'm a bit curious about the lack of kick on the blade. Maybe there's a stop pin? My only issue with stop pin construction is that I don't know how to tinker with them like I can with filing a kick. ;)

It seems to be a Hartshead kind of day, so I put mine in pocket.
AKN8jGO.jpg

Thanks for posting the link to that thread, Jack, I'll have to read later when I have a chance. I like the look of those, although I'm a bit curious about the lack of kick on the blade. Maybe there's a stop pin? My only issue with stop pin construction is that I don't know how to tinker with them like I can with filing a kick. ;)

It seems to be a Hartshead kind of day, so I put mine in pocket.
AKN8jGO.jpg

I'm glad I spotted it Rachel, I don't get the time to read every thread these days. I also find it strange when a folder doesn't have a kick, sometimes there's a recessed channel in the back spring, but a kick makes it nice and simple, and easy to tinker with :) Great to see your Hartshead ;) :) :thumbsup:

I have a few things to do this evening, and tomorrow I'll be heading out early to help out my mate on the tool-stall. 'Help out' means cut up some cake, and pass him the occasional carrier-bag for the most part, and 'moral support' of course! ;) :D The weather forecasters are still threatening more from Storm Dennis The Menace, so my mate might need more moral support than usual - or more cake! :D Have a good Thursday Guardians, and I'll hope to catch up with you all later in the day :) :thumbsup:

XDwDCuY.jpg

My Hartshead Barlow with some cake ;) :D :thumbsup:

I was just browsing @Âchillepattada 's thread on French amateur knifemaker Stephane Thomachot. In addition to putting new cover's on A's WCLF, Stephane has had a go at making the pattern himself. What do you think Guardians? :thumbsup:

AoVt4Pc.jpg
They are very nice. The bottom knife, especially. The blade, with a bit more refinement, would make it something I would love to pocket carry. The WCLF re-hafting is so cool. Hope your day is a good one, Jack.

@5K Qs - I agree with yours and Jack’s conclusion that the pace has eased. The good news is that it’s easier to catch up when days or hours:)eek:) have been missed. Especially for you, one of the Maestros of epic post, GT.:)

Good Afternoon Guardians.

“Let them eat cake.”
6FDB0185-A6BD-46A4-A852-B438B1FFF0B4.jpeg

They are very nice. The bottom knife, especially. The blade, with a bit more refinement, would make it something I would love to pocket carry. The WCLF re-hafting is so cool. Hope your day is a good one, Jack.

@5K Qs - I agree with yours and Jack’s conclusion that the pace has eased. The good news is that it’s easier to catch up when days or hours:)eek:) have been missed. Especially for you, one of the Maestros of epic post, GT.:)

Good Afternoon Guardians.

“Let them eat cake.”
View attachment 1286744

Have fun, Jack. Have some cake for me, too. ;):thumbsup:

Thank you my friends, delicious-looking pic of your Jonathan Crookes Lambsfoot Harvey :) I always mean to take some Lambsfoot and cake pics at the market (we shared 6 cakes last week), but the cake doesn't hang around for long! :D :thumbsup:

Two Guardians, Vince and Dan, did it up right. :cool::thumbsup:
Gotta try one of those Beaver Tails treats some day. :D

Marvelous look at your day as well, Dan.

What a great day out Dan :) Thank you for the fantastic photos :cool: I bet those Lambsfoot knives never thought they'd be leading such exciting lives :D

Thank you Guardians ! :thumbsup::)
The secret is to " embrace winter " ha ha
Here is my five seconds of fame :D
We were "featured" on the TV evening news a few years ago on opening day at the Rideau Canal ( temps were like - 20 C )
Funny story is .... my wife had call in sick at work that day. When the news reporter approached me to ask if he could ask me a few questions I said " Sure ".
Out of the corner of my eye I saw my wife backing away far from the camera. I asked her after why she did that, she answered me " I CALL IN SICK REMEMBER ! "
The next day a few of her coworkers were telling her that they had seen me and the kids in the news and how bad it was was that she had been sick and unable to join us :cool::D

Taylor's Eyewitness lambsfoot arrived from across the pond. Sharp, centered, great w & t.

After lurking here for a few weeks, I have two lambs foot knives on their way to me. One NIT Waynorth jigged bone and one Arthur right ebony lambsfoot from Sheffield. Excited to see them, will post when they arrive!

Happy for you guys :) !!! Congrats on your new lambs :thumbsup:

Now, I do not think "Papi's shop" is opening any time soon :D
Oh well, ....perhaps I can start planting my peas then ? What do you think Rachel ? r8shell r8shell

wxTFVA2.jpg

I decided to take a page out of Jack's book and go for a hike.
My little town of Loomis is known for a few things. It's the gateway to the Sierra's railroad line. It has many citrus orchards and fruit sheds. The trains would load up fruit here in town and transport it south to San Francisco and north to Nevada. We were also the state capital for a short time. But mostly we are known for our granite quarries. This was a major granite producing area at one time. I decided to take a hike around one of our local quarries, it was quiet and peaceful, and the weather was amazing. Of course I had my Lambsfoot with me. ;)

Back