Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. SteveNo

SteveNo Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 12, 2020
    Received my first lambsfoot last week and today the weather was surprisingly nice compared to the last few days which where full of rain and cold weather. So I decided to go on a morning hike and took my new lambsfoot with me, beautifull knife bit man is she a nailbreaker!

[​IMG]

2. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Good morning Guardians and happy Saturday. Kind of overcast here in coastal NC so I took this rather ordinary indoor photo of my HHB:D

IMG_2677.JPG

3. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Good Morning Guardians and anyone else looking in. I'm sticking close to home today except to go up to the mail box for a mail run this afternoon; however, should I have to leave for any reason, I'll be prepared as I've pocketed this Standard Lambfoot recovered with Snakewood by Jason @Signalprick for today.

[​IMG]

Pt-Luso, tmd_87, JohnDF and 8 others like this.
  4. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I carry a lambsfoot to fight off any bears in my way ....

[​IMG]
    How ’bout you ?

5. Haegar

Haegar

Apr 28, 2020
    Nice selection of beers

Gerd

tmd_87 and Jack Black like this.
  6. herder

herder Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2007
    While Summer is quickly coming to an end in the Midwest, it's not quite over yet...
    Enjoyed a tasty Black & Tan at an outdoor pub the other day with the good company of a great knife.
    BF Wright Hartshead Black & Tan .jpg

7. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I love language, and the way it's used :) The youngsters here have their own cant, but it doesn't include much rhyming slang, or other words often hundreds of years old. Funnily enough, I recall being in a couple of similar situations to that! :D Scotland (Glasgow and Edinburgh) seems to still produce new forms of rhyming slang, and of course as words are pronounced differently to further south, it is very distinct, and generally witty :) :thumbsup:

Great haul Taylor, and a nice pic of your Lambsfoot too :) :thumbsup:

:eek: :D :thumbsup:

Wow! Stunning pics Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, I guess it damps things down some Dylan :) Looks like you have the makings off a fine evening there my friend :thumbsup:

Congratulations Steve, and welcome to the Guardians! :) Hope you had a good hike, lovely pic :cool: The pull will ease with some use, but if you're struggling a bit, check out the index for advice on breaking it in. At the very least, be sure to get some oil in the joint, and blow out the crud Wright's leave in there with some compressed air :thumbsup:

Looks good to me Bill :) :thumbsup:

:eek: Cool pic Dan :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great day :) After an 11 mile hike, and a couple of very large, and very tasty burgers, washed down with a couple of equally tasty pints, I was ready for a nap! :D I'll post a few pics tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Cool pic of that Black & Tan my friend, you've got me wanting one myself! :D :thumbsup:

9. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good afternoon Guardians! Hopefully y’all have had a good day! I am running a little late posting this afternoon, but now I’ve settled in for the evening. I’ve had this wee Sambar beauty in my pocket today. :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

11. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    That is nice stag.:thumbsup:. Is that an A.Wright?

12. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you kindly! It is an A. Wright. :)

[​IMG]

13. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Thanks,if i knew i was going to get one that good, i would not hesitate. The one's on websites look nothing like that.:)

14. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    I got this one and it’s mate from Jack over three years ago. He picked them up from the factory. This one is Sambar and the ones you’re likely to get now will probably be Pere David. There’s really no comparison. The PD is okay, but it lacks the beautiful character of the Sambar Stag. :)

Jack Black likes this.
  15. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Bambi dropped by our camp to say hi.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Hope everyone has a good week, especially those in the " Mother Land " going into different stages of lockdown. We are having some rules relaxed as of tomorrow, not much though at this stage, our beloved Premier:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: is making a statement later on today, see, i am keeping politics out of the thread, just stating fact.o_O. Posting a piece of wood that i found on a building site, it is just a piece of pine, looked like nothing when i picked it up, but have treated it coat after coat of orange oil and coat after coat of a furniture polish that i get from a local furniture maker. It came up a treat, looks like it is a vintage piece of wood now, i use it for putting pots/pans and my kettle on when i take them off the stove. It has a gnarly knot in it that looks quit "sexy" with my @waynorth lamb, the color of the bone and the knot blend together really well. Take care everyone and stay safe.;)

[​IMG]

17. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Thanks, there is my answer.:thumbsup:

waynorth and Half/Stop like this.
  18. kamagong

kamagong Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2001
    My flock of lambs has now doubled. My friend Modoc Ed, knowing my admiration for his old Harrison Bros. knife sent it down my way. I am now the proud owner of a vintage English lambsfoot. :D

He also sent me a dual bladed Wright's, a first for me in this pattern. I prefer single blade knives, but the bellied pen blade gives the straight edged lambsfoot a lot more versatility.

[​IMG]

What a fine piece of craftsmanship the Harrison is. It doesn't have the polish of a modern GEC, but its construction evinces the skill and care of an expert cutler.

I think I have a new favorite worry stone. The time burnished stag and hammered pins are sure to provide my fingers with hours of enjoyable fiddling.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  19. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Glad to see they arrived safely Christian @kamagong. The Harrison is a fine example of Sheffield knives of old and I think you'll find the two-blade Lambfoot a good worker. Enjoy.:)

JohnDF, CelloDan and Prester John like this.
  20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    IMG_5176.jpeg