1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. rockman0

rockman0 Basic Member Basic Member

May 5, 2013
    Thanks Ron.

Half/Stop likes this.
  2. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Superb photo of your desert ironwood Guardians lambsfoot, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I know what you mean, Bill. :eek: I had to give up church softball 3 summers ago because I was having so much trouble tracking fly balls in the outfield and was afraid I was gonna catch one in my face! :(
    Excellent ebony! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

More exemplary ebony! Very nice, FBC! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

An attempt at edible ebony, eh, Jack? :eek::thumbsup::rolleyes:
    The chili looks great, although after looking up what Scotch Bonnets are, I doubt if I'm man enough to consume the chili! :p

Dan, thanks so much for the helpful, extensive comments and resources regarding kick scooters! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'll have to do some research to see what else I need to know! ;) My usual commute starts and ends at the same altitude, but there's sort of a valley in between; not very steep hills, but definitely some uphill (and downhill) involved in each direction. And the sidewalks are all concrete, with spacers/cracks built between each section (about every 6 feet or so).

Your stag HHB looks splendid riding that rail! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Nice photo, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
    You always have such unusual, creative exercise ideas, especially compared to my mundane efforts like push-ups against the kitchen countertop. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pro tip on animal training, Rachel! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats, @cudgee! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I can't currently imagine the USA ever getting in that position again. :mad:

I saw a public service announcement with a tagline something like, "I'll see you all at Thanksgiving, and ICU at Christmas." :(

Bad news, Jack. :(:thumbsdown:
    But a GREAT song and superlative pic of your stag HHB! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sublime photo of your stag HHB in the frosty grass, David; a good candidate for the "Fall Knife" photos thread! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for acknowledging my sacrifice, Jack! ;):thumbsup:
    Thanks also for the info about the "artist colony" down by the old mill stream. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Your remark about phone numbers certainly "rings true" for me: I can't remember my wife's or my own cell phone numbers, but I use my childhood phone number as a password to use the printer/scanner/copier at work. :rolleyes:
    I didn't recognize you under all that plaster, Jack! :D But I should look into accident rates for kick scooters before purchase! :eek:
    I like the suggestion that I may have a "posh grind" on Union Jack! :cool:;):cool:

I agree on its appeal. :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Isn't it reminiscent of a light streak in the dark hair of vampire women? :rolleyes:)

That rosewood HHB is a solid, serious, substantial knife, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Better than a COVID vaccine, ED! ;):cool::cool:

- GT

3. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Sure is, Gary. Rock solid.

Jack Black likes this.
  4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Your Uncle had a good suggestion. :cool::thumbsup::cool: I don't remember when I first realized that most Michigan weather comes from the west.

Pleasing pic of a pair of prestigious knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Looks better all the time, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great photo of a grand knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Still trying; thanks! :) (Still trying to figure out if that canoe you sent me has a lambsfoot main blade, too! ;):rolleyes:)

Stellar Stag, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Different artistic style in this illustration of the USG! ;):cool::cool:

Same to you, Dave! :)
    Your stag HHB looks phenomenal! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Big Eb for a Big Bird, Ron? I'm sure he's up to it! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Man Jack for me this week:
    MJ.pile.Vback.post.jpg

- GT

WHT, Dschal, scrteened porch and 8 others like this.
  5. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I think i may have to get myself one of them.:thumbsup:.

Jack Black likes this.
  6. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks, it was tasty!

7. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! That PD Big ‘un finds in way into my pocket quite often. We had a turkey breast this year but Big Eb didn’t get in on the action. Nice stag on the pile side of Man Jack! :) :thumbsup:

8. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Ah, yes. Back when phone numbers started with letters. ;)

scrteened porch and Jack Black like this.
  9. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    LF 5337. That was our number, cannot remember if i go to the shop if i am supposed to get milk or cream now. But you can bet your last dollar, whatever i get will be the wrong one. :D Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, and don't spend too much at the sales tomorrow.:p

Jack Black likes this.
  10. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you kindly, good sir :) :thumbsup:

I'm glad it wasn't in for long GT! :eek: :D There were habaneros in there too :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot buddy :thumbsup:

Your medal is in the post my friend ;) :D :thumbsup:

Good observation Gary! :D :thumbsup:

I think that's true throughout the northern hemisphere :thumbsup:

Yes, an alternative cover by a different artist :) Here's another, (and an opportunity for me to show off the pile side of my Hartshead Barlow) ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Cool pic of Man Jack :cool: That's a particularly posh nose isn't it Gary, mine is much more angular? :) ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Did they really? I thought you were joking at first :thumbsup:

I bumped into an acquaintance the other day, a few years older than myself. He was on the way to the bank, as he'd forgotten the pin number for his cash card. I could empathise :rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians, hope all our US members had a great Thanksgiving :) The weekend is approaching again, and I'm treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) Got my trusty Hartshead Barlow, and an Old Friend in the form of this Alfred Blackwell I've not carried in a while. Have a good Friday Guardians :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

waynorth, peanutsxx, WHT and 8 others like this.
  11. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haegar, peanutsxx, WHT and 9 others like this.
  12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Cool pics David, glad you're getting out and about :) :thumbsup:

13. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much, Gary.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

waynorth likes this.
  14. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks, Gary.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

15. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Onearmbladenut, waynorth, WHT and 4 others like this.
  16. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Sorry, double post!!!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  17. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    WOW, she actually carries TWO lambsfoot, look closer !!!
    This girl is AWESOME :cool: :D

Prehistoric men were also fascinated by squirrels it seems like.
    This thread is certainly getting squirrely :eek: :D

----------------

Good morning Guardians :)

My offering to the squirrel gods :cool:

[​IMG]

18. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    I paid Charlie for it in July of 2019 according to my records. One of the best days I'ver ever had!:) Probably arrived in my hands a week later.

Jack Black likes this.
  19. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Very nice photos Jack, as always. You are getting pretty good at it.:thumbsup: Thanks for all the Thanksgiving Day wishes. Since my wife and I were celebrating by ourselves we tried something different. We went to Costco (a store that offers large quantity food and also dry goods) and picked up what amounts to be a supersized TV dinner.:D It was amazing.:thumbsup: Had a whole turkey brest, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, etc. Just popped it in the oven and out it came...delicious - maybe the best tasting turkey dinner ever. Should have taken photos but I missed the opportunity. We paid 27 bucks US for it and we'll get 3 more meals out of it!:D

Good morning Guardians and all. Hope you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a great one. We had a deluge this morning that was so loud on our roof that it woke me up.:eek: Sun just came out and looks like it will be a good one today.:) Good start to the weekend...well, to us that are retired everyday is the weekend:D Giving the HHB a rest in favor of this fine knife. Nice slim profile and great Ironwood covers.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    IMG_2718.JPG

20. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Great photos Jack! Your Senator does have a more traditional tip. Also very nice Sambar too! :thumbsup: Again those are great knives you’re carrying today! Be well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Great location and photos with your Hartshead David! :) :thumbsup:

Terrific photo Dan! :cool:

Nice Ironwood there Bill! :thumbsup: Have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black and CelloDan like this.