Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning Guardians, not a great start to the day here, and the forecast is for rain most of the day. I'm going to head out anyway, and hope I don't get too soaked. Have a good day everyone, stay safe out there :thumbsup:

SHZdJyi.jpg
Looks like your weather made it to the area where I live:(. Since I have plenty to do inside the house I'll jump right on it this morning with a little help from my friend below:D

Well...looks like this site is not liking my photos today...oh well.:rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians !
I hope your hike goes well Jack.
Things are not great here either, lots of slush on the trails but we are going to try anyways later today.
The girls will be playing/streaming their music online for churches in Kingston and Brockville this morning so I'll be setting up the equipment soon.

Have a great day everyone :)

WWohW3E.jpg
Dan, is that wooden bowl some of your handicraft? Nice photo with the Ebony lambfoot.

Good morning Guardians and all. Rainy here in Coastal North Carolina:( but chores have to be done so I'm working indoors with my Ironwood.:thumbsup: Unfortunately this site is being a little balky in uploading photos this morning as I can't upload anything.:mad:

Good morning Guardians !
Things are not great here either, lots of slush on the trails but we are going to try anyways later today.
The girls will be playing/streaming their music online for churches in Kingston and Brockville this morning so I'll be setting up the equipment soon.

WWohW3E.jpg

Thanks Dan, the weather here was pretty miserable, but glad we went out anyway :) Great-looking bowl with your ebony :) :thumbsup:

deleted double post

Wasn't the site an absolute pig earlier?! o_O I struggled to make a post at all o_O

Looks like your weather made it to the area where I live:(. Since I have plenty to do inside the house I'll jump right on it this morning with a little help from my friend below:D

Well...looks like this site is not liking my photos today...oh well.:rolleyes:

Dan, is that wooden bowl some of your handicraft? Nice photo with the Ebony lambfoot.

Good morning Guardians and all. Rainy here in Coastal North Carolina:( but chores have to be done so I'm working indoors with my Ironwood.:thumbsup: Unfortunately this site is being a little balky in uploading photos this morning as I can't upload anything.:mad:

Sorry about that Bill ;) Hope to see that pic later :thumbsup:

Miserable weather here, even worse than the weather forecast o_O Cold and wet throughout the day, with low cloud, and very muddy underfoot :( We decided to forget about the walk I had planned, and just have a walk on the edge of Leeds, about 4 miles in total. It was very gloomy, and I didn't take many pics o_O

okOogFW.jpg

9qmc7Jj.jpg

upGpTLZ.jpg

rfnujmD.jpg

FevFr3B.jpg

VWwyiri.jpg

rjOZldc.jpg

Dark & Stormy seemed appropriate to come home to ;)

aEIeHES.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :thumbsup:

Last edited:
QUOTE - CelloDan, "Good morning Guardians !
Have a great day everyone":)

WWohW3E.jpg
Nice bowl, Dan!! Your girls are so lucky to have music, and a talented Dad in their lives!!;) And nice knives!!:D

dVvgZMs.jpg

I'm still not a great fan of this particular Lambsfoot pattern, but I guess, like Marmite, you either love it or hate it :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Lovely ebony Ron :) :thumbsup:

Jack that Hartshead is looking so so good! Every time you post a picture I find myself going mmmmm nice!

Ron, I agree wiyh our friend Jack - that Ebony is a real nice looking Knife- What's the Spring tension like on that Beauty my friend?

Jack I love those Both! that replacement Knife - I think is a very nice looking Knife, a very nice replacement of they first handed to you! Nice looking Handles!!!:thumbsup:
I love Marmite as well :D

It had a huge number of flaws, apart from that awful-looking 'stag' too Ron, just a really badly-made knife :( I find it hugely frustrating that while Wright's are indeed capable of producing excellent knives, they let garbage like that leave their factory. I think their QC is worse than ever unfortunately :( The standard of UK dealers certainly doesn't help anyone trying to find a decent knife, I'm not sure most of them can even tell between a well-made knife and one that has been made badly :thumbsdown:
Outside of the knives I’ve acquired from you Jack, I have only had one experience with Wright’s and a UK dealer. That would be Big Rosie. I got her off the big auction site. She’s a far cry from perfect, having several flaws. But she’s solid and stout and a favorite! :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, not a great start to the day here, and the forecast is for rain most of the day. I'm going to head out anyway, and hope I don't get too soaked. Have a good day everyone, stay safe out there :thumbsup:

SHZdJyi.jpg
Nice photo of your Hartshead Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians !

WWohW3E.jpg
Beautiful bowl Dan! Nice photo with your Lambsfoot my friend! :)

Miserable weather here, even worse than the weather forecast o_O Cold and wet throughout the day, with low cloud, and very muddy underfoot :( We decided to forget about the walk I had planned, and just have a walk on the edge of Leeds, about 4 miles in total. It was very gloomy, and I didn't take many pics o_O

okOogFW.jpg

9qmc7Jj.jpg

upGpTLZ.jpg

rfnujmD.jpg

FevFr3B.jpg

VWwyiri.jpg

rjOZldc.jpg

Dark & Stormy seemed appropriate to come home to ;)

aEIeHES.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :thumbsup:
Glad y’all were able to get a short walk in Jack. Thanks for the photos! :) :thumbsup:

We had a cold front go through here last night so it is raining and about 50 deg., and supposed to get to about 70 degrees later today. Two days ago it was 95 deg.,and up in the north of our state is still going to be 110 deg., today. Those apples, Jack, are they from an orchard? they look too good to have been stuck in a cold room for 6 months then sold at a supermarket. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving weekend and has a good week, take care all.;)
hkUsKAF.jpg

Last edited:
Ron, I agree wiyh our friend Jack - that Ebony is a real nice looking Knife- What's the Spring tension like on that Beauty my friend?
Thanks for the compliment Duncan! That Lambsfoot is a 2018 Guardians SFO from our buddy Jack. Like most of my knives from Wright’s it is stout. It’s a smooth and snappy 7-8 each direction. I’m really not the best person to judge, because I’ve never found one too strong. ;) Hope y’all are doing okay. Stay safe over there my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Ron, I think you are right- most of my Lambfoots are quite a hard pull,one is almost 10.5 out of 10 lol, I still cannot put my Stag Arthurs Choice away when swapping the edc rotation! Its such a treasure of a Knife!

Thanks for that Ron, I think you are right- most of my Lambfoots are quite a hard pull,one is almost 10.5 out of 10 lol, I still cannot put my Stag Arthurs Choice away when swapping the edc rotation! Its such a treasure of a Knife!
I can understand your affection for the AC Duncan. :thumbsup: They really are special little knives! Here’s mine! :D

44736248301_b6d4780741_c_d.jpg

Greetings Guardians! And, a belated Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US.

It’s been quite a while since I’ve checked in here, but all is well, and a lambsfoot continues to be ever present in my pocket. Of course.

I’ve not caught up, so please forgive me what I’ve missed. I hope that everyone remains healthy and that the lambsfoot flocks are continuing to give their owners sparks of delight as what may be a dreary winter approaches.

Speaking of lambsfoot flocks...

I carry a lambsfoot...

k90217rh.jpg

... because that plastic twine at Home Depot doesn’t cut itself!

Stay safe, Guardians, and keep the joints oiled and the edges keen. You never know when a chip butty may need sectioning. :D

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Jack, Dark & Stormies are one of my favorites, and a fine reward for the short walk :D

And since we're on a "Dan's Bowls" theme, I have been fortunate to receive a pair of them too ;)

View attachment 1463636
Nice photo Mike! Great bowls and a beautiful Hartshead! :cool: :thumbsup:

Greetings Guardians! And, a belated Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US.

It’s been quite a while since I’ve checked in here, but all is well, and a lambsfoot continues to be ever present in my pocket. Of course.

I’ve not caught up, so please forgive me what I’ve missed. I hope that everyone remains healthy and that the lambsfoot flocks are continuing to give their owners sparks of delight as what may be a dreary winter approaches.

Speaking of lambsfoot flocks...

I carry a lambsfoot...

k90217rh.jpg

... because that plastic twine at Home Depot doesn’t cut itself!

Stay safe, Guardians, and keep the joints oiled and the edges keen. You never know when a chip butty may need sectioning. :D
It’s great to see you and your Lambsfoot Greg! :cool: Hope y’all have been doing well in these strange times! :) :thumbsup:

Back